View Poll Results: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 61.76%
  • No

    12 17.65%
  • Other

    14 20.59%
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 485

Thread: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

  1. #101
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So you really don't have an argument as to why I'm wrong.
    another failed deflection
    laws and rights make you that way let us know when you can prove post #50 to be true
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #102
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    The constitution stops discrimination by the states or the fed in the fifth and fourteenth amendments but leaves out the private sector and I agree with that. Boner may be referring to the 14th which gives all citizens born in the US except Indians equal rights under the law. Notice it does not say "except gays" so it seems to me any and all civil rights laws pertain to them as well as blacks.
    i guess you and him should tell all the people that were legally discriminated against based on sexual orientation that it was a mistake
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another failed deflection
    laws and rights make you that way let us know when you can prove post #50 to be true
    First of all, you need to defend the argument that these laws defend human rights. Second, since the Constitution is above non-discrimination laws, and it supports my argument, you do not have the law on your side.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    i guess you and him should tell all the people that were legally discriminated against based on sexual orientation that it was a mistake
    According to the 14th you can't be legally discriminated against for being gay or black or Jew or whatever.

    EDIT: Indians being the one exception. I wonder if that has been addressed yet?

  5. #105
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I didn't see the part I put in bold. Maybe I missed it but it seems many people think this is redundant legislation.

    House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and his lieutenants think the measure is too broad and is unnecessary; they think that the people ENDA is intended to protect are already covered under existing federal, state and private workplace protection laws.
    My question would be, how do they know they're being discriminated against. Does the potential employer say outright, "I'm not hiring you because you are Gay or dress as the opposite sex"? Not in the real world.

    Also what happens when this employee is not good at their job and gets fired? Lawsuit?

    Those are more 'rights' than I would have as a white, heterosexual male.

  6. #106
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    First of all, you need to defend the argument that these laws defend human rights. Second, since the Constitution is above non-discrimination laws, and it supports my argument, you do not have the law on your side.
    another failed deflection
    weird i read your opinion and strawman and post #50 is still factually wrong and rights and law prove that, let us know when that changes
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another failed deflection
    weird i read your opinion and strawman and post #50 is still factually wrong and rights and law prove that, let us know when that changes
    facts win again
    You can't beat me with facts when you fail to present any facts.

  8. #108
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    According to the 14th you can't be legally discriminated against for being gay or black or Jew or whatever.

    EDIT: Indians being the one exception. I wonder if that has been addressed yet?
    and yet its happening hence the need for the bill and the exact reason why there are 100s like it at state, county, municipality and even corporate level

    but this argument is going to be used soon for equal gay rights so it doesn't matter one will cross the other out but one will be more complete

    im glad you know support equal rights for gays
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    My question would be, how do they know they're being discriminated against. Does the potential employer say outright, "I'm not hiring you because you are Gay or dress as the opposite sex"? Not in the real world.

    Also what happens when this employee is not good at their job and gets fired? Lawsuit?
    That is exactly what makes these anti discrimination laws so difficult to actually enforce. I was a foreman once for an outfit and I hired a black kid. The owner saw him and said " I ain't havin no nigger work for me, you hired him you fire him". I told the kid the situation and made it clear he could sue the guy but he never did. I would have testified too.

  10. #110
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You can't beat me with facts when you fail to present any facts.
    you are free to have that opinion but its worthless and been proven wrong
    the op, facts, laws, rights, post #50 and thread history all prove you wrong

    maybe in your next post youll post something that makes post #50 factually true, we cant wait to read it!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •