View Poll Results: Do You like this version of "America The Beautiful?"

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 57.48%
  • No

    38 29.92%
  • Other

    16 12.60%
Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1048

Thread: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

  1. #931
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The things I stated in my last post DO discourage them from learning English.
    No they don't

    But like I said, you can continue believing in fiction
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #932
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Those groups were isolated, and thus forced to adopt the local language and culture of the US to get by.
    That makes no sense. If they were isolated, then American culture would not be the local language and culture. Their own language and culture would be.

    Modern Latino immigrants really aren't facing the same kind of pressure to do so. They can effectively insulate themselves from greater American culture in many parts of the country.
    There have always been large areas with predominately Latino populations, and they have continued to assimilate.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #933
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No they don't

    But like I said, you can continue believing in fiction
    Yes they do, but like I said you can keep your head in the sand.

  4. #934
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Again, because death rates apparently don't exist.
    That is taking into account death rates and life expectancy. I am sorry, but if you do the math, you are wrong on this. Any population growth calculation shows it. In fact, if we return to high rates of Hispanic immigration to this country we will have far more than 100,000,000 in 50 years.

    Population growth formulas are well established in science:

    How Populations Grow: The Exponential and Logistic Equations | Learn Science at Scitable

    Anytime you have a fertility rate that is higher than death rates, you will have exponential population growth over time.

    The Hispanic Death Rate per 100,000 in the United States is 558.64.

    The Hispanic fertility rate is 2.4. It's all math after that.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #935
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post


    This simply is not true. People from all regions of the United States have far more in common with one another than they do Mexicans or Latin Americans.
    You are obviously not well traveled then.

    There is a lot of cultural differences between a Portland Hipster, New Yorker, Rust Belt Midwesterner, Plains States Farmer, Rural Southerner, Northern Non-Religious, Southern Evangelical and so on.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  6. #936
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Are you claiming that the Hispanic population is NOT the fastest growing here in the United States?
    Of course they are, due to high fertility rates. That is my point.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #937
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It is not roughly the same. The difference accounts for an almost doubling of population in 50 years, a calculation you stupidly denied.
    Because it isn't true, obviously. Your "calculations" are flawed.

    I don't think you understand, Sangha. I only bothered trying to reason with you as a formality.

    The fact that immigration will soon be the primary source of US population growth is common knowledge.

    Immigration Will Fuel Future Population Growth, Census Says

    The Latino community simply happens to be one of the groups most strongly benefiting from this fact.

    Of course it's deniable. You've posted nothing to support your inane beliefs.
    Would you like to prove that mass Latino immigration to the United States will stop at any point in the near future?

    Wrong again. Mexican culture has been mainstream in Texas for as long as there's been a Texas.
    Nope. American culture has been the mainstream since after the Mexican American War.

    Latino culture is not an alien culture. It is as american as apple pie, which is an imported symbol
    Spouting blatant nonsense does not make it true.

    They were here before white people were. American culture would be very different without their influence on food, music, art, literature, etc.
    Nonsense. Prove it.

    It's not an ideology. It's reality

    The US is, and has always been, multi-cultural. Even you have acknowledged the differences in culture in different parts of the country
    To the point of not even speaking the same primary languages or considering themselves to be primarily "American?"

    Again, Sangha, spouting nonsense as if it were a fact does not make it one.

    My point is that having friends from a certain group does mean one is not bigoted towards that group.
    Feel free to take that up with my friends then.

    Because black people aren't affected by death rates. Only Latinos
    And? Look at the difference they make.

    Again, black population growth without the influence of immigration is relatively stable. Latino population growth with the addition of immigration is explosive.

    That was my point all along. Keep up.

  8. #938
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,396

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    You are obviously not well traveled then.

    There is a lot of cultural differences between a Portland Hipster, New Yorker, Rust Belt Midwesterner, Plains States Farmer, Rural Southerner, Northern Non-Religious, Southern Evangelical and so on.
    ^^ this.

    I was going to say something similar to this --- what is being assimilated to 'american culture' because we as a country are very different culturaly. If you put a northerner down south, must they adapt to southern living to assimilate themselves? If not, why don't they have the same expectations?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  9. #939
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Of course they are, due to high fertility rates. That is my point.
    I wonder why this is? They have the highest teen pregnancy rate too. I wonder why?

  10. #940
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    ^^ this.

    I was going to say something similar to this --- what is being assimilated to 'american culture' because we as a country are very different culturaly. If you put a northerner down south, must they adapt to southern living to assimilate themselves? If not, why don't they have the same expectations?
    Well, to be fair, we speak the same language and can communicate quite easily with one another. Personally, I don't care if they want to maintain a "separate" culture or identity. I just think it is important that they be able to communicate when it is necessary. If they want to speak in their own languages with their family members, friends, etc., I have no issue with that at all. Most people who want immigrants to have a basic understanding of the English language do not feel this way because of hatred of anyone's culture/traditions or even their language. It just makes sense is all, and it does help to unify us if only a little bit. You are basically isolating yourself from others when you won't learn the dominant language in the country in which you live.

Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •