View Poll Results: Do You like this version of "America The Beautiful?"

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 57.48%
  • No

    38 29.92%
  • Other

    16 12.60%
Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1048

Thread: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

  1. #701
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That's because it is xenophobia. Just because you think that's a bad word doesn't change it. What you're proposing is the same attitude that led to certain countries being limited in the past - back then "we" didn't want all sorts of papists coming in and putting the Pope ahead of the President. It was a popular opinion at various times, and there was even a political party dedicated to that - the "Know-Nothings."

    I know that we can't have people running around making accusations (though apparently doing it to Liberals is considered OK), but you basically said something xenophobic and then said it was a vile name. Well, that's like saying "I know everyone's gonna call me an anti-semite and other horrible things, but I hate jews."
    I disagree, Rocket.

    The main point is that the people who built and died for this country were treated very unfairly by the government, when denied the right to vote on a Liberal agenda plan for overwhelming, culture destroying immigration, and then called names when they objected. Extreme resentment is a natural result of that.

    Additionally, no one ever heard the word "Xenophobia" before the Mexicans and Asians were encouraged to colonize the United States. It is a political word the Liberals have provided to their constituents and foreigners to call Americans.
    Last edited by Ray410; 02-05-14 at 06:29 PM.

  2. #702
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay, well this really doesn't go against anything I've stated, since it clearly states that English is a requirement for citizenship, so what's your point?
    Yes it does. You originally made a remark about immigrants.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1062885895

  3. #703
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay, well this really doesn't go against anything I've stated, since it clearly states that English is a requirement for citizenship, so what's your point?
    The point is, I think, that legal immigrants, i.e visa applicants and green card holders are not required to speak English. That's only a requirement if they apply for citizenship. It's not the same thing.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #704
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Wow more people were getting killed on the job sites before all these non speaking immigrants started invading that trade.
    The only logical conclusion that one can draw from that is that the influx of non-english speaking workers in the construction industry has made the industry safer.

    Maybe they fire the english speaking construction workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    The point is, I think, that legal immigrants, i.e visa applicants and green card holders are not required to speak English. That's only a requirement if they apply for citizenship. It's not the same thing.
    I acknowledged that for work purposes they may not have to, but I am talking about legal immigrants who want to reside in the United States.

  6. #706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Yes it does. You originally made a remark about immigrants.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1062885895
    I was referring to those who want to become citizens, and your link says that they still have to pass tests which are given in English.

  7. #707
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The only logical conclusion that one can draw from that is that the influx of non-english speaking workers in the construction industry has made the industry safer.

    Maybe they fire the english speaking construction workers.
    Wow! Lol! What a simpleton post. Obviously you didn't read any of the links, which state that safety on construction sites has improved except for in Hispanic-speaking workers.

  8. #708
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I acknowledged that for work purposes they may not have to, but I am talking about legal immigrants who want to reside in the United States.
    Again, legal residents (visa and green card holders) are NOT required to speak English. I know plenty of them. Before they even got here and were in the process of getting their green cards, the US government corresponded with them in Spanish! Their lack of English skills was never even an issue.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  9. #709
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Nice hyperbole. Also, PUTTING EVERYTHING IN CAPS DOESN'T MAKE YOUR POINT ANY STRONGER.

    Come on Chris. Don't act like you are worried about them being taken advantage of. The migrant workers know full well what they face when they come here to work, yet they still risk life and limb to come here and work. That tells me that things are so bad where they are, that they are willing to do whatever needs to be done to be here.
    Yep, the concern for their welfare is so fake, but you won't see them put up the money to provide enough english classes for immigrants to learn english, and they'll complain that the ones that are available are FREEEEEEEEE!!!! Oh, the agony!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #710
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    re: Your opinion on Coke's version of America The Beautiful? [W:1014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    I disagree, Rocket.

    The main point is that the people who built and died for this country were treated very unfairly by the government, when denied the right to vote on a Liberal agenda plan for overwhelming, culture destroying immigration, and then called names when they objected. Extreme resentment is a natural result of that.

    Additionally, no one ever heard the word "Xenophobia" before the Mexicans and Asians were encouraged to colonize the United States. It is a political word the Liberals have provided to their constituents and foreigners to call Americans.
    The extreme resentment you reference is xenophobia. We also don't have direct national referendums in this country. It's not in the Constitution. We do have voting, you can always vote for someone else.

    But when someone says "We can't let Mexicans and Asians destroy our culture," that is textbook xenophobia. Typical of you to blame it all on someone else instead of taking personal responsibility for your beliefs.
    Last edited by rocket88; 02-05-14 at 06:40 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •