View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #411
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,900

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Can you link me up please?

    And as a disclaimer, I haven't voted in this poll and have no dog in this fight. I think that there is plenty of blame to go around on all sides, and I have stated in another thread that I think it's entirely possible that Farrow has fixed a narrative in her kids' heads. This doesn't mean, however, that Allen didn't behave inappropriately with this child.

  2. #412
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Can you link me up please?

    And as a disclaimer, I haven't voted in this poll and have no dog in this fight. I think that there is plenty of blame to go around on all sides, and I have stated in another thread that I think it's entirely possible that Farrow has fixed a narrative in her kids' heads. This doesn't mean, however, that Allen didn't behave inappropriately with this child.
    I think it's pretty clear that Woody doesn't know how to behave appropriately around children. However, none of his inappropriate behaviors seems IMO to have any sexual intent behind it. Instead, the inappropriateness of his behavior seems to be caused by his being completely clueless about children, a point which is explicitly discussed in the document you linked to

    For example, he seems to believe that the children will recognize the differences between siblings who were adopted and those who were not and will respond accordingly emotionally and bond to the family differently. It takes a special brand of obtuseness to think like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #413
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Woody doesn't know how to behave appropriately around children. However, none of his inappropriate behaviors seems IMO to have any sexual intent behind it. Instead, the inappropriateness of his behavior seems to be caused by his being completely clueless about children, a point which is explicitly discussed in the document you linked to

    For example, he seems to believe that the children will recognize the differences between siblings who were adopted and those who were not and will respond accordingly emotionally and bond to the family differently. It takes a special brand of obtuseness to think like that.
    Another thing that he doesn't get to this very day is how his relationship with SoonYii looked to Mia's other children and to the outside world. To him it was and still is a simple matter of falling in love with a young woman and marrying her. He never stopped to think that this was not just any young woman. She was his ex-lover's daughter and sister to 3 of his own children. He's never understood why it was such a big deal.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #414
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Another thing that he doesn't get to this very day is how his relationship with SoonYii looked to Mia's other children and to the outside world. To him it was and still is a simple matter of falling in love with a young woman and marrying her. He never stopped to think that this was not just any young woman. She was his ex-lover's daughter and sister to 3 of his own children. He's never understood why it was such a big deal.
    While his relationship with Soon Yi is creepy, it's far from illegal. There is plenty of evidence that Farrow brainwashed Dylan and the other children into believing Dylan was abused. That well surpasses creepy and into the realm of heinous.

    Allen has finally responded to the latest resurrection of abuse claims.

    Woody Allen Fires Back: Dylan Farrow Was Brainwashed By Her Mother, Mia Farrow - The Daily Beast



    He brings up Mia's affair with Andre Previn while married to the song writer Dory Previn. Dory Previn went through a series of breakdowns over her husband's affair with Mia and ended up writing a song about it called "Beware of Young Girls". Previn and Farrow married, had children and adopted SoonYi and another child. On the same album Dory Previn wrote a song about incest titled "Daddy in the attic" which eerily mimics Farrows charges of Allen. A song Mia was quite familiar. Coincidence? I'll leave it to the shrinks to decide.

    Did Mia Farrow Get the Molestation Idea from a Song By Ex Husbandís Wife? | Showbiz411

  5. #415
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    While his relationship with Soon Yi is creepy, it's far from illegal.
    I know that. The legality of it is not the point. My point is that any other "normal" person with at least some sense of social convention would have long ago acknowledged that the relationship was highly controversial. Hooking up with your ex-GF's daughter, sister to some of your own children is not exactly something most men would embark upon without some great amount of soul-searching. Woody's take on it has always been: "What's the big deal?" , "My heart knows not of logic" and The heart wants what it wants". He's always made light of a situation that hurt and confused a lot of people very deeply.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #416
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I know that. The legality of it is not the point. My point is that any other "normal" person with at least some sense of social convention would have long ago acknowledged that the relationship was highly controversial. Hooking up with your ex-GF's daughter, sister to some of your own children is not exactly something most men would embark upon without some great amount of soul-searching. Woody's take on it has always been: "What's the big deal?" , "My heart knows not of logic" and The heart wants what it wants". He's always made light of a situation that hurt and confused a lot of people very deeply.
    It's of a piece with his general self-centeredness and his lack of awareness of how his behavior affects others, particularly children. The court documents describe, for one thing, how completely unattached he was to Mia's many children for more than a decade. He was interested in Mia, and that was it. The children served no purpose to him, so he paid them no mind.

    Then when his own children came into the picture, he began to pay attention, but only to his own children. He would focus exclusively on them, and only on them, even when the other children were present. It doesn't take a genius to understand how children are sensitive to being excluded like that, but Woody seems to have no clue about that even when it's pointed out to him. It seems that as far as he's concerned, since those other children are his, they are of no concern to him which speaks to his self-absortion and how it makes him incapable of understanding how his behavior affects other.

    It's not a flattering portrait, but it's also not the portrait of a pedophile.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #417
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I know that. The legality of it is not the point. My point is that any other "normal" person with at least some sense of social convention would have long ago acknowledged that the relationship was highly controversial. Hooking up with your ex-GF's daughter, sister to some of your own children is not exactly something most men would embark upon without some great amount of soul-searching. Woody's take on it has always been: "What's the big deal?" , "My heart knows not of logic" and The heart wants what it wants". He's always made light of a situation that hurt and confused a lot of people very deeply.
    That is a very valid point. However, that whole family situation had nothing normal about it so can one adequately use normal standards to make judgments? Fourteen kids, some from fractured relationships of Mia's, some she adopted solo. Soon Yi and her other adopted sister and the children that Mia and Previn had together had a very active father in their lives while growing up which in itself separated them from the other children. The three children between Mia and Allen, two being adoptions and one was suppose to be their love child and now claims he may well be Frank Sinatra's. When Allen came for visits, (because he didn't even live with them), his attention appears to have been on the three he had a connection to and later paid child support for. How do you judge all that using what is normal when it is clearly insane.

  8. #418
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Woody Allen's adopted daughter accuses him of assaulting her at age 7 - CNN.com

    Mia Farrow's daughter resurrects Woody Allen molestation claim | Fox News


    So, what are your thoughts on Woody Allen?

    Is he a pedophile?

    Creepy bastard?

    Harmless Peepaw?

    Legendary director and actor?

    Should legal action be taken immediately?
    I may be wrong but I believe that the statute of limitations has been exceeded so no criminal legal action can be taken. Of course farrow and / or her daughter can sue.

    There is more to this story than the victim and Farrow's side of it. Allen's public defense is also logical he had a letter placed in the NY times.

    It seems this is a case of one persons word against another. Seperations and divorce often does get very nasty this way and accusations can fly for years. Unless they can prove it and press charges he is innocent until proven guilty.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That is a very valid point. However, that whole family situation had nothing normal about it so can one adequately use normal standards to make judgments? Fourteen kids, some from fractured relationships of Mia's, some she adopted solo. Soon Yi and her other adopted sister and the children that Mia and Previn had together had a very active father in their lives while growing up which in itself separated them from the other children. The three children between Mia and Allen, two being adoptions and one was suppose to be their love child and now claims he may well be Frank Sinatra's. When Allen came for visits, (because he didn't even live with them), his attention appears to have been on the three he had a connection to and later paid child support for. How do you judge all that using what is normal when it is clearly insane.
    Pretty much. :-) That's why the quotation marks around the word normal in my post.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Pretty much. :-) That's why the quotation marks around the word normal in my post.
    Well, first of all I'd like to apologize to you for being rude earlier. I'm sorry for that, and you are right that I get a little emotional concerning this topic, but that's not an excuse and you are a poster that I respect here, so I really am sorry for being kind of jerky.

    I still believe Dylan though. I know there is no evidence to prove anything, and I'm not saying that he should be convicted of a crime, but IMO he fits the criteria with his strange actions with both girls in question (Soon and Dylan). Even though that isn't proof for a conviction or even to bring him to trial without something definitive, I still believe her accounts about what happened to her.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •