View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #321
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,493

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is absolutely not true. There are many cases where evidence isn't sufficient. That has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of a person, it only means there is not enough evidence. What evidence would you expect there to be anyway? Please detail the evidence you would expect to see in a molested child.
    I have no idea I'm not an expert in child molestation. The people who are experts couldn't find enough to evidence to warrant bringing it to a grand jury. Under our legal system that's enough to end the matter. Does it mean that he didn't molest her? No. Lack of evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen. However, given how easy it is in general to get an indictment not being able to get one, especially after a 6 month investigation, certainly makes it much more probable that nothing happened.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    I have no idea I'm not an expert in child molestation. The people who are experts couldn't find enough to evidence to warrant bringing it to a grand jury. Under our legal system that's enough to end the matter. Does it mean that he didn't molest her? No. Lack of evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen. However, given how easy it is in general to get an indictment not being able to get one, especially after a 6 month investigation, certainly makes it much more probable that nothing happened.
    It most certainly means nothing of the sort. And exactly WHAT evidence would you think there is to prove such a thing? Please be detailed.

  3. #323
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Allen was never interested in Mia's children, especially not SoonYii. Mia herself talks about it in her book and in articles published, I believe, in Vanity Fair. The only ones he showed some interest in were the ones he adopted with her, Dylan and Moses and, of course, the one he still sees as his biological son, Ronan.
    ALLEN v. FARROW | Leagle.com
    From the court's decision:
    From the inception of Mr. Allen's relationship with Ms. Farrow in 1980, until a few months after the adoption of
    [197 A.D.2d 330]
    Dylan O'Sullivan Farrow on June 11, 1985, Mr. Allen wanted nothing to do with Ms. Farrow's children.
    In 1990 at about the same time that the parties were growing distant from each other and expressing their concerns about the other's relationship with their youngest children, Mr. Allen began acknowledging Farrow's daughter Soon-Yi Previn. Previously he treated Ms. Previn in the same way he treated Ms. Farrow's other children from her prior marriage, rarely even speaking to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Now if you can make an undeniable claim that someone molested a child with that type of evidence/testimony then I hope you never serve on a jury.
    Tell me about it. There are a few too many here guided totally on emotion and not at all by logic or rationality.

  5. #325
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post


    I nominate your post for the DP most hilariously desperately feeble attempt to derail a thread award.
    That's the equivalent of giving Meryl Streep another Oscar nomination - so many worthy examples to choose from.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #326
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Hmmm. No one finds it odd that the ONE child he was not interested in at all is the one he married? Lol! So she just comes home from college, and he suddenly finds her interesting, takes some pornographic pictures of her while still "being" with her adopted mother, has an affair with her and then marries her. This does not add up.
    You are making stuff up. Earlier, I posted a quote from the court decision stating that Woody had shown no interest in Soon-Yi as a child, and he only started paying attention to her when Mia insisted that he do so, which was when she returned home from school at age 18. He began taking her to basketball games, etc, and the rest is history

    Others have also posted the same info. Why are you ignoring it and just making stuff up to fit your beliefs?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #327
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,493

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It most certainly means nothing of the sort. And exactly WHAT evidence would you think there is to prove such a thing? Please be detailed.
    In our system you don't prove innocence. You prove guilt.

    I'm not going to go around and around with you on this. If you choose to believe that despite there not being enough evidence to warrant empaneling a grand jury he is guilty you are certainly entitled to. If want to believe that the lack of
    evidence somehow increases the probably of his guilt you are entitled to. I disagree, New York State disagrees.

    He may well have done something but lacking any evidence to the contrary I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. And as I said given the lack of an indictment after a lengthy investigation by a number of people I'd be willing to bet a week's salary that nothing happened.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    ALLEN v. FARROW | Leagle.com
    From the court's decision:
    Wow, thanks for posting that. There is a BOMBSHELL of information in this decision and REALLY shows what a sicko this guy is.

    In January of 1992, Mr. Allen took the photographs of Ms. Previn, which were discovered on the mantelpiece in his apartment by Ms. Farrow and were introduced into evidence at the IAS proceeding. Mr. Allen in his trial testimony stated that he took the photos at Ms. Previn's suggestion and that he considered them erotic and not pornographic. We have viewed the photographs and do not share Mr. Allen's characterization of them. We find the fact that Mr. Allen took them at a time when he was formally assuming a legal responsibility for two of Ms. Previn's siblings to be totally unacceptable. The distinction Mr. Allen makes between Ms. Farrow's other children and Dylan, Satchel and Moses is lost on this Court. The children themselves do not draw the same distinction that Mr. Allen does. This is sadly demonstrated by the profound effect his relationship with Ms. Previn has had on the entire family. Allen's testimony that the photographs of Ms. Previn "were taken, as I said before, between two consenting adults wanting to do this" demonstrates a chosen ignorance of his and Ms. Previn's relationships to Ms. Farrow, his three children and Ms. Previn's other siblings. His continuation of the relationship, viewed in the best possible light, shows a distinct absence of judgment. It demonstrates to this Court Mr. Allen's tendency to place inappropriate emphasis on his own wants and needs and to minimize and even ignore those of his children. At the very minimum, it demonstrates an absence of any parenting skills.

    We recognize Mr. Allen's acknowledgment of the pain his relationship with Ms. Previn has caused the family. We also [197 A.D.2d 332] note his testimony that he tried to insulate the rest of the family from the "dispute" that resulted, and tried to "deescalate the situation" by attempting to "placate" Ms. Farrow. It is true that Ms. Farrow's failure to conceal her feelings from the rest of the family and the acting out of her feelings of betrayal and anger toward Mr. Allen enhanced the effect of the situation on the rest of her family. We note though that the reasons for her behavior, however prolonged and extreme, are clearly visible in the record. On the other hand the record contains no acceptable explanation for Allen's commencement of the sexual relationship with Ms. Previn at the time he was adopting Moses and Satchel, or for the continuation of that relationship at the time he was supposedly experiencing the joys of fatherhood.

    While the petitioner's testimony regarding his attempts to de-escalate the dispute and to insulate the family from it, displays a measure of concern for his three children, it is clear that he should have realized the inevitable consequences of his actions well before his relationship with Ms. Previn became intimate. Allen's various inconsistent statements to Farrow of his intentions regarding Ms. Previn and his attempt to have Dr. Schultz explain the relationship to Dylan in such a manner as to exonerate himself from any wrong doing, make it difficult for this Court to find that his expressed concern for the welfare of the family is genuine.

    As we noted above, Mr. Allen maintains that Ms. Farrow's allegations concerning the sexual abuse of Dylan were fabricated by Ms. Farrow both as a result of her rage over his relationship with Ms. Previn and as part of her continued plan to alienate him from his children. However, our review of the record militates against a finding that Ms. Farrow fabricated the allegations without any basis. Unlike the court at IAS, we do not consider the conclusions reached by Doctors Coates and Schultz and by the Yale-New Haven team, to be totally unpersuasive.
    There's more too. Fascinating dysfunctional family.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    In our system you don't prove innocence. You prove guilt.

    I'm not going to go around and around with you on this. If you choose to believe that despite there not being enough evidence to warrant empaneling a grand jury he is guilty you are certainly entitled to. If want to believe that the lack of evidence somehow increases the probably of his guilt you are entitled to. I disagree, New York State disagrees.

    He may well have done something but lacking any evidence to the contrary I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. And as I said given the lack of an indictment after a lengthy investigation by a number of people I'd be willing to bet a week's salary that nothing happened.
    The part that I put in bold is how I feel. From everything I've read and seen, I think he did it and there just isn't enough evidence (unfortunately) for an actual trial.

    Dylan is an adult now, still says it happened, and has nothing to gain with these allegations, and in fact, making such public statements about such things would tend to alienate her, and I'm sure she's aware of this. It seems to me that Dylan is suffering a lot.

  10. #330
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Wow, thanks for posting that. There is a BOMBSHELL of information in this decision and REALLY shows what a sicko this guy is.



    There's more too. Fascinating dysfunctional family.
    Yes, it was a dysfunctional family, but I saw nothing that justifies calling Woody a "sicko"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •