View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #311
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And...I didn't vote because a choice describing my position isn't listed in the poll.
    Would you say Woody Allen is talented but appears a bit eccentrically weird and pervy. Mia seems like a nutty, drama queen. And though there's not enough evidence to bring charges or even accuse Allen. He at worst may have did some inappropriate, touching and molesting but not full on sexual assault?

    Or there's just no way to know without more evidence and it shouldn't have been brought up?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #312
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Would you say Woody Allen is talented but appears a bit eccentrically weird and pervy. Mia seems like a nutty, drama queen. And though there's not enough evidence to bring charges or even accuse Allen. He at worst may have did some inappropriate, touching and molesting but not full on sexual assault?

    Or there's just no way to know without more evidence and it shouldn't have been brought up?
    Honestly my position is that I am forced to reserve judgement based upon the fact there is nothing new here. I must presume he is innocent because that's what law enforcement and sex abuse investigators determined at the time of the allegation. That being said I have no idea if they botched the investigation and Allen is guilty or if they did a good job and made the right call. So I will go with what my experience leads me towards and that is stick with the presumption of innocence until evidence is presented to make me change my position. Which could happen, who knows.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #313
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Honestly my position is that I am forced to reserve judgement based upon the fact there is nothing new here. I must presume he is innocent because that's what law enforcement and sex abuse investigators determined at the time of the allegation. That being said I have no idea if they botched the investigation and Allen is guilty or if they did a good job and made the right call. So I will go with what my experience leads me towards and that is stick with the presumption of innocence until evidence is presented to make me change my position. Which could happen, who knows.
    If Mia led the girl on, she should be committed for evaluation but if she knew there was nothing more than hearsay, then I'm surprised she would let her bring it up. Unless knowing there was no proof that even the allegation would make him miserable and possibly prevent any future acts by Woody?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #314
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,151

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    Well since he married a woman young enough to be his daughter.....wait...she was...I don't second guess the pedo claims. Even his son threw him under the bus on his social media.
    She wasn't actually his daughter, Soon-Yi's father is Andre Previn.

    Still kind of creepy though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #315
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,459

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Eh he's a creepy guy and I don't particularly like his movies or his sense of humor - call me a troglodyte - but I don't think he's a pedo. The allegations were apparently seriously investigated and eventually dismissed.
    The statute of limitations has expired. It's a done deal as far as I'm concerned.

    As far as Soon-Yi goes, that's creepy but the world is full of people doing things I consider creepy (anyone remember Bill Wyman and his son??) but that doesn't make them illegal or even immoral. Soo-Yi was not legally
    related to him under the laws of any state in the United States and to all accounts he didn't have a paternal role in her life. I still think it's weird but who am I to judge - they're married
    15 - 16 years and appear happy enough so they must be doing something right.
    Correcting myself since I'm past the time that I can edit my post.

    If he were to be charged under NY 130.75, which essentially would have required that he had sex with her at least twice in three months, there is no time limitation on bringing a prosecution. Otherwise it's five years and long since past.

    In either case at this point I'm presuming he's innocent because the allegation was investigated by both the police and sex abuse specialists at Yale University and found meritless.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Too little evidence is an indication. An alibi or better a vid showing that the perpetrator was elsewhere wiukd be much more ribust.
    It's not an indication of guilt or innocence. It is simply not enough evidence to make such a determination.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Correcting myself since I'm past the time that I can edit my post.

    If he were to be charged under NY 130.75, which essentially would have required that he had sex with her at least twice in three months, there is no time limitation on bringing a prosecution. Otherwise it's five years and long since past.

    In either case at this point I'm presuming he's innocent because the allegation was investigated by both the police and sex abuse specialists at Yale University and found meritless.
    It was not found meritless. There was inconclusive evidence for a trial. A specialist stated that Dylan exhibited signs of an abused child. She gave a detailed account of what happened to her. She had gone to a physician who suspected sexual abuse and I believe it may have been the doctor who actually reported the abuse to authorities. When the authorities investigated, they felt there was too little evidence for any kind of indictment. I see nothing in there that says "innocent."

    OTH, Dylan has the doctor who allegedly saw signs of sexual assault, the child abuse expert who stated she did indeed exhibit signs of abused child syndrome, and her story has not changed one iota in more than 20 years. Also, Dylan has NOTHING to gain by bringing this all up again. Nothing at all.

  8. #318
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,459

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It was not found meritless. There was inconclusive evidence for a trial. A specialist stated that Dylan exhibited signs of an abused child. She gave a detailed account of what happened to her. She had gone to a physician who suspected sexual abuse and I believe it may have been the doctor who actually reported the abuse to authorities. When the authorities investigated, they felt there was too little evidence for any kind of indictment. I see nothing in there that says "innocent."

    OTH, Dylan has the doctor who allegedly saw signs of sexual assault, the child abuse expert who stated she did indeed exhibit signs of abused child syndrome, and her story has not changed one iota in more than 20 years. Also, Dylan has NOTHING to gain by bringing this all up again. Nothing at all.
    You'll never see "innocent" in any kind of criminal proceeding. It's either "guilty" or "not guilty" - the latter meaning that the state could not prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That fact that they didn't call him innocent is really irrelevant because they'd never call anyone innocent.

    The bar to indict someone is pretty low. If they couldn't find a way to hang an indictment on him there really wasn't anything there.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    You'll never see "innocent" in any kind of criminal proceeding. It's either "guilty" or "not guilty" - the latter meaning that the state could not prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That fact that they didn't call him innocent is really irrelevant because they'd never call anyone innocent.

    The bar to indict someone is pretty low. If they couldn't find a way to hang an indictment on him there really wasn't anything there.
    That is absolutely not true. There are many cases where evidence isn't sufficient. That has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of a person, it only means there is not enough evidence. What evidence would you expect there to be anyway? Please detail the evidence you would expect to see in a molested child.

  10. #320
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    As you can see above, you acknowledged the link and it's statements already prior in this discussion. Here is the link again with the particular excerpt.

    Did Woody Allen molest his adopted daughter 22 years ago? Reviewing the evidence.

    In the Time interview, Allen strongly suggests a cause-and-effect relationship between Farrow discovering his affair with Soon-Yi and the molestation allegations. But that account is hard to deduce from the timeline of events. Farrow found out about the affair when Allen left pornographic photographs of Soon-Yi on his mantel in January 1992—eight months before Dylan made her allegations. By Orth’s account, Allen was already in therapy for “inappropriate behavior” with Dylan before the revelation of the affair.

    And in their May 1994 decision, the judges of the New York appellate court held that, with regard to the events of Aug. 4, 1992, “the testimony given at trial by the individuals caring for the children that day, the videotape of Dylan made by Ms. Farrow the following day and the accounts of Dylan's behavior toward Mr. Allen both before and after the alleged instance of abuse, suggest that the abuse did occur.” Although “the evidence in support of the allegations remains inconclusive,” the court stated, “our review of the record militates against a finding that Ms. Farrow fabricated the allegations without any basis.”
    Never mind how some journalist describes what the judge said. Read what the judge actually said here:

    ALLEN v. FARROW | Leagle.com

    A search for "inappropriate" finds the following quotes

    The respondent maintains that the petitioner has shown no genuine parental interest in, nor any regard for, the children's welfare and that any interest he has shown has been inappropriate and even harmful. Respondent cites the fact that the petitioner has commenced and maintained an intimate sexual relationship with her daughter Soon-Yi Previn, which he has refused to curtail, despite the obvious ill effects it has had on all of the children and the especially profound effect it has had on Moses. It is also contended that petitioner has at best, an inappropriately intense interest in, and at worst, an abusive relationship with, the parties' daughter Dylan.
    His continuation of the relationship, (with Soon-Yi -ed)viewed in the best possible light, shows a distinct absence of judgment. It demonstrates to this Court Mr. Allen's tendency to place inappropriate emphasis on his own wants and needs and to minimize and even ignore those of his children. At the very minimum, it demonstrates an absence of any parenting skills.
    Although the investigation of the abuse allegations have not resulted in a conclusive finding, all of the evidence received at trial supports the determination as to custody and visitation with respect to this child. There would be no beneficial purpose served in disturbing the custody arrangement. Moreover, even if the abuse did not occur, it is evident that there are issues concerning Mr. Allen's inappropriately intense relationship with this child that can be resolved only in a therapeutic setting
    With respect to Satchel, the IAS Court denied the petitioner's request for unsupervised visitation. While the court stated that it was not concerned for Satchel's physical safety, it was concerned by Mr. Allen's "demonstrated inability to understand the impact that his words and deeds have upon the emotional well being of the children". We agree. The record supports the conclusion that Mr. Allen may, if unsupervised, influence Satchel inappropriately, and disregard the impact exposure to Mr. Allen's relationship with Satchel's sister, Ms. Previn, would have on the child
    The respondent maintains that the petitioner has shown no genuine parental interest in, nor any regard for, the children's welfare and that any interest he has shown has been inappropriate and even harmful.
    . It is also contended that petitioner has at best, an inappropriately intense interest in, and at worst, an abusive relationship with, the parties' daughter Dylan.
    Please note that none of the quotes states that his behavior was "inappropriate". That is the journalists description.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •