View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #301
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Hmmm. No one finds it odd that the ONE child he was not interested in at all is the one he married? Lol! So she just comes home from college, and he suddenly finds her interesting, takes some pornographic pictures of her while still "being" with her adopted mother, has an affair with her and then marries her. This does not add up.
    He wasn't much interested in any of the others either. Mia kept insisting he must spend more time with them, especially SoonYii whom he'd practically ignored for most of their relationship. It's all out there for you to read, if you're interested. Mia is a nutjob, but she's also a fascinating woman in many ways and a great humanitarian. You should read her book.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  2. #302
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It still does not equal innocence. Not enough evidence is not an indication of innocence.
    It is legally.

    I admire your tenacity, Chris, but in the face of the incontrovertible, it only appears as stubbornness and ego.

    Btw, what did the cops say? They're moving on this, right? I hope they get that bastard.

  3. #303
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    As a former detective who's investigated numerous complaints of child molestation I can tell you that I have serious reservations about this accusation. Primarily because an independent team of investigators retained by the State Police found no evidence of molestation at the time of the crime. Not only did they find no evidence, they believed the girl was coached by her mother. I have been in the position of the investigator that had to examine heart wrenching victim statements and want to stomp a guys skull in...only to find out that the whole thing was a lie. If you tell a lie enough times you may just start to believe it. If it is reinforced enough times you may just start to believe it. And maybe Dylan believes she is telling the truth. At age 7 children are very vulnerable to suggestion from their parents. I've seen it happen in nasty custody feuds more than once. Manufactured accusations of physical/sexual abuse. It's not uncommon.

    Everyone always wants to err on the side of caution in these cases and believe the victim, and well they should. At first. But once the evidence is examined and it's found to be not true then you have to put your bias aside. Because the evidence is the evidence. It doesn't matter if her words convince you personally, you must, absolutely must, take into account all of the evidence. Or lack thereof. Someone else's life is riding on this, not just the supposed victim. And an accusation of child molestation, whether true or not, lives with you for many, many years.

    You always approach these cases as if the victim is telling the truth and then you investigate it as thoroughly as possible. But in the end you must yield to the facts. You don't destroy a person simply because the accusers story really, really seems convincing. People are fantastic at lying. As to the prosecutor saying he thought he had probable cause to arrest, that's all fine and good. I've arrested on probable cause that was enough to put a guy in jail and buy me time to finish an investigation. A good victim statement can be considered probable cause. Doesn't mean you have enough evidence to convict a person. Just means there is enough to warrant arresting someone on good faith that they are the perpetrator of a crime. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is something else entirely, and that is what matters.

    Unless someone can show me where the police and the sexual abuse investigators made a huge error in this case I have no choice but to presume Allen is innocent, no matter how strongly written this woman's statement may be. People accuse others of terrible things every day, doesn't mean the allegations are true.

    That being said, if somehow new evidence is brought to light that proves he did it then he needs to go to jail. I'll reserve judgement on this until this new investigation (if there really is one) is concluded.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 02-05-14 at 03:31 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #304
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,494

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Eh he's a creepy guy and I don't particularly like his movies or his sense of humor - call me a troglodyte - but I don't think he's a pedo. The allegations were apparently seriously investigated and eventually dismissed.
    The statute of limitations has expired. It's a done deal as far as I'm concerned.

    As far as Soon-Yi goes, that's creepy but the world is full of people doing things I consider creepy (anyone remember Bill Wyman and his son??) but that doesn't make them illegal or even immoral. Soo-Yi was not legally
    related to him under the laws of any state in the United States and to all accounts he didn't have a paternal role in her life. I still think it's weird but who am I to judge - they're married
    15 - 16 years and appear happy enough so they must be doing something right.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  5. #305
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,371

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It still does not equal innocence. Not enough evidence is not an indication of innocence.
    Too little evidence is an indication. An alibi or better a vid showing that the perpetrator was elsewhere wiukd be much more ribust.

  6. #306
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    As a former detective who's investigated numerous complaints of child molestation I can tell you that I have serious reservations about this accusation. Primarily because an independent team of investigators retained by the State Police found no evidence of molestation at the time of the crime. Not only did they find no evidence, they believed the girl was coached by her mother. I have been in the position of the investigator that had to examine heart wrenching victim statements and want to stomp a guys skull in...only to find out that the whole thing was a lie. If you tell a lie enough times you may just start to believe it. If it is reinforced enough times you may just start to believe it. And maybe Dylan believes she is telling the truth. At age 7 children are very vulnerable to suggestion from their parents. I've seen it happen in nasty custody feuds more than once. Manufactured accusations of physical/sexual abuse. It's not uncommon.

    Everyone always wants to err on the side of caution in these cases and believe the victim, and well they should. At first. But once the evidence is examined and it's found to be not true then you have to put your bias aside. Because the evidence is the evidence. It doesn't matter if her words convince you personally, you must, absolutely must, take into account all of the evidence. Or lack thereof. Someone else's life is riding on this, not just the supposed victim. And an accusation of child molestation, whether true or not, lives with you for many, many years.

    You always approach these cases as if the victim is telling the truth and then you investigate it as thoroughly as possible. But in the end you must yield to the facts. You don't destroy a person simply because the accusers story really, really seems convincing. People are fantastic at lying. As to the prosecutor saying he thought he had probable cause to arrest, that's all fine and good. I've arrested on probable cause that was enough to put a guy in jail and buy me time to finish an investigation. A good victim statement can be considered probable cause. Doesn't mean you have enough evidence to convict a person. Just means there is enough to warrant arresting someone on good faith that they are the perpetrator of a crime. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is something else entirely, and that is what matters.

    Unless someone can show me where the police and the sexual abuse investigators made a huge error in this case I have no choice but to presume Allen is innocent, no matter how strongly written this woman's statement may be. People accuse others of terrible things every day, doesn't mean the allegations are true.

    That being said, if somehow new evidence is brought to light that proves he did it then he needs to go to jail. I'll reserve judgement on this until this new investigation (if there really is one) is concluded.
    +1

    See. A detective with specific experience, ffs.

    I can assure you in advance that despite your credentials and professional experience, your perspective means absolutely nothing to the mob.

  7. #307
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,371

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    I just read the letter written by Dylan Farrow about her childhood with Woody Allen. He needs to be castrated, his balls put in his mouth and then hung.
    There are people that would pay to be allowed to do that to someone.

  8. #308
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,371

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    She's been brainwashed by her mother's endless hate. She's been told since she was seven that this happened to her. The story has wandered all over the place over the years. The "daughter" he married was a different one, not kin to either of them, and Rohan, the one child they had between them, Mia claimed might have been Sinatra's! (whose age difference when she married him was greater than that of Woody's and Soon-Yi's)
    Given that Mia was married to Andre Previn, then in a relationship with Allen, Sinatra still being around is a bit odd.
    I would certainly want more evidence than at present I have seen. At this point it could easily be false accusation.

  9. #309
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    And as far as the whole "he has had sex with his step daughter and married her therefore he is a perverted child molesting creep"...I can't go along with that. Soon Yi Previn was never his step daughter, there is no blood relationship between the two. Farrow and Allen were never married. She was the product of Farrow's previous relationship. Allen didn't adopt her and he didn't raise her in his home as a parental figure.

    Sure, when you say a stepfather had sex with his step daughter it sounds gross and creepy. But I just don't think that's an accurate description of the relationship. At 45 would I have sex with a 20 year old? No...I wouldn't. I have daughters older than that and that would be on my mind. Some men however have no issues with age difference like that. To each his own. I would have avoided that relationship out of respect for Farrow and the other children as it would surely cause some uncomfortable feelings. But it's not like he was molesting his actual daughter or step daughter. They were two consenting, non related adults having a sexual relationship that eventually turned into a strong marriage.

    Do I approve of it? No. But I also don't disapprove of it. I just don't care because once the hyperbole is stripped away it's just not a big deal.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #310
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    And...I didn't vote because a choice describing my position isn't listed in the poll.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •