View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I have no doubt in my heart she believes it happened. But the question here is was she taught that it happened by having a mother tell her over and over again that it did? You repeat something enough and it has a tendency to become the truth. I think there is enough red flags to consider that might just be what happened.
    Unless she is mentally deficient or disabled, no I believe that once she is an adult, she is able to think for herself and memories from age 7 at her age would be fairly easy to recall. I'm sorry, but if someone tells me they were molested, my first instinct is to believe that person and not to assume he or she is lying, especially when there is really no valid MO for this girl to do so. She states in her own words that she has very CLEAR memories of the molestation.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    I'm fully aware of that, but let's be sure there's a victim at all before we condemn someone. Wild tangents and emotion don't undermine the concept of being innocent until proven guilty. This is the law and has been my one and only point. I don't appreciate having opinions attributed to me that I never in fact offered.
    You have a point, but molestation cases are different. It is normally going to be a he said/she said situation in most instances. Besides, I'm am not on the jury. I am just here on a website giving my opinions on the matter.

  3. #273
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Not many people have married three teenagers, and a woman of age without spending a night together. Even fewer have adopted a wife. Pretending he's a regular dude is stupid. People are not blind.
    He hasn't married 3 teenagers. He's married 2, one of those when he too was a teenager.I've no idea when or whether each of his marriages were consumated. He's never adopted a wife. I've never claimed he's 'a regular dude'. He, and Farrow, are equally weird, but weird isn't criminal, isn't paedophile and is none of our business.

    You do not call collateral damage murder?
    Nope. Do you?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  4. #274
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You have a point, but molestation cases are different. It is normally going to be a he said/she said situation in most instances. Besides, I'm am not on the jury. I am just here on a website giving my opinions on the matter.
    But it's not different. I could accuse you of child molestation, but until I could prove it, you'd be innocent. Without enough evidence to convict, there'd be no case against you. Only speculation and unfounded accusations. These aren't sufficient to secure a conviction. We could all randomly accuse each other of this, that or the other. It doesn't mean ****. All these tangential arguments are so much window dressing to try and get around the concept of being innocent until proven guilty. Good luck having the legal system overhauled, but I think you're **** out of luck.

  5. #275
    Professor
    Sykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mmm. Bacon.
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,257

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He knew her when she was a child and she is his step-daughter.
    Since he never married her mother: No. She is not his stepdaughter.
    "Never before in modern history have we had a president-elect so ill-informed, ill-tempered, irrational and ill-equipped to deal with the major issues that face this country." Kareem Abdul Jabbar, 1/19/17

  6. #276
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I never stated there was any conclusive evidence either way. There usually isn't in these situations. No, in my link, it is specifically stated that Allen was seeing a psychiatrist for inappropriate behavior with Dylan before the revelation of his affair with the other child.
    If there's no conclusive evidence either way, how come you are so adamant that he's a paedophile? The only possible incident that he has been accused of that even suggests an interest in pre-pubescent girls is the Dylan incident - the very one you have admitted there's no overwhelming proof happened. What's your overwhelming evidence of his paedophile nature?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  7. #277
    Professor
    Sykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mmm. Bacon.
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,257

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    "Never before in modern history have we had a president-elect so ill-informed, ill-tempered, irrational and ill-equipped to deal with the major issues that face this country." Kareem Abdul Jabbar, 1/19/17

  8. #278
    Professor
    Sykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mmm. Bacon.
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,257

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Pardon my disbelief, but how would ANYBODY know what Woody was discussing with his therapist?
    "Never before in modern history have we had a president-elect so ill-informed, ill-tempered, irrational and ill-equipped to deal with the major issues that face this country." Kareem Abdul Jabbar, 1/19/17

  9. #279
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Unless she is mentally deficient or disabled, no I believe that once she is an adult, she is able to think for herself and memories from age 7 at her age would be fairly easy to recall. I'm sorry, but if someone tells me they were molested, my first instinct is to believe that person and not to assume he or she is lying, especially when there is really no valid MO for this girl to do so. She states in her own words that she has very CLEAR memories of the molestation.
    Unless....

    False memory syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    But it's not different. I could accuse you of child molestation, but until I could prove it, you'd be innocent. Without enough evidence to convict, there'd be no case against you. Only speculation and unfounded accusations. These aren't sufficient to secure a conviction. We could all randomly accuse each other of this, that or the other. It doesn't mean ****. All these tangential arguments are so much window dressing to try and get around the concept of being innocent until proven guilty. Good luck having the legal system overhauled, but I think you're **** out of luck.
    They are different, otherwise there would never be any convictions for molestation, or rarely. You have to make certain allowances when there is likely to be no physical evidence.

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •