View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    There are numerous articles on the web covering the story during the ugly custody battle. A lot of folks confuse the ugly custody battle with Allen being charged as a sex offender believe it or not. Allen was never charged because there was no evidence to support doing so. The little girl underwent several evaluations and none produced such evidence. Surely if something was discovered, the man would have been charged. The only so called evidence that was brought forth was a video that Mia Farrow made asking her daughter questions, "What did Daddy do to you"....."Then what did he do?". The tape started and stopped throughout. Even one of the nannies in an affidavit stated that the child wasn't interested in making the film and seemed like she was being coached what to say by her mother. Even those that know Allen personally are well aware of his claustrophobia and when they read the account given that the molestation occurred in a closet like attic, they said "No Way"! Last night on Kelly's Files she even brought up the numerous times the child had been seen by professionals and no evidence was found to support the claim. I believe she stated 7-8 times. So the evidence that shoots down these allegations comes from several different sources. From Farrow's on memoirs, book written by a former nanny, news articles covering the story, affidavits taken from nannies. Too much there for me to simply say he is guilty of such a thing.
    Well, I would need links to see what you're talking about for myself. I mean, you can just make claims here, but if you want to be taken seriously you should have some links available to back them up. For all I know, you could be making things up.

  2. #262
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Inconclusive is different. How could you say with certainty she had not been molested? You cannot. Just because the testing was inconclusive does not mean it didn't happen. Like I've said, it is the most difficult crime to prove. I still believe the girl's story. It makes complete sense, she is an adult now, she claims she has clear memories and that her mother did not coach her. Her brother (who is Allen's biological son) backs her claims and supports them completely.
    You've got it bass-ackwards. Claims like this need substantiation, and you have none


    I also posted a link that said Woody Allen was already seeing a psychiatrist for inappropriate behavior with Dylan before the allegations of the affair with Soon-Yi were known.
    That is not true. It said nothing about "inappropriate behavior". Woody was described as having an "inappropriately strong interest" in Dylan. It explicitly stated that there was no evidence of anything sexual about that interest. It was inappropriate because Woody would focus all his attention on Dylan, and ignore the other children (which is inappropriate) because he felt that Mia was neglecting Dylan
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    There are numerous articles on the web covering the story during the ugly custody battle. A lot of folks confuse the ugly custody battle with Allen being charged as a sex offender believe it or not. Allen was never charged because there was no evidence to support doing so. The little girl underwent several evaluations and none produced such evidence. Surely if something was discovered, the man would have been charged. The only so called evidence that was brought forth was a video that Mia Farrow made asking her daughter questions, "What did Daddy do to you"....."Then what did he do?". The tape started and stopped throughout. Even one of the nannies in an affidavit stated that the child wasn't interested in making the film and seemed like she was being coached what to say by her mother. Even those that know Allen personally are well aware of his claustrophobia and when they read the account given that the molestation occurred in a closet like attic, they said "No Way"! Last night on Kelly's Files she even brought up the numerous times the child had been seen by professionals and no evidence was found to support the claim. I believe she stated 7-8 times. So the evidence that shoots down these allegations comes from several different sources. From Farrow's on memoirs, book written by a former nanny, news articles covering the story, affidavits taken from nannies. Too much there for me to simply say he is guilty of such a thing.
    Oh, and no evidence certainly does NOT equate to "he didn't do it." Like I said, this is the hardest crime to prove, and rarely is there good reliable physical evidence. It certainly is a he said/she said, so you have to look in your heart to see which story you believe, and I have to say that I believe the girl.

    She is not a child anymore. She is an adult person now. She would know and remember if her mother coached her into saying these things about her father. In such a situation, a girl would probably despise her mother. And I have a hard time believing that a person would hurt themselves in this way and come out publicly with this if it didn't really happen. Because really, she is going to have a VERY difficult time.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You've got it bass-ackwards. Claims like this need substantiation, and you have none




    That is not true. It said nothing about "inappropriate behavior". Woody was described as having an "inappropriately strong interest" in Dylan. It explicitly stated that there was no evidence of anything sexual about that interest. It was inappropriate because Woody would focus all his attention on Dylan, and ignore the other children (which is inappropriate) because he felt that Mia was neglecting Dylan
    Right, I'm just giving my opinion. I never stated there was any conclusive evidence either way. There usually isn't in these situations. No, in my link, it is specifically stated that Allen was seeing a psychiatrist for inappropriate behavior with Dylan before the revelation of his affair with the other child.

  5. #265
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,856

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, I would need links to see what you're talking about for myself. I mean, you can just make claims here, but if you want to be taken seriously you should have some links available to back them up. For all I know, you could be making things up.
    I already have posted two or three links. One was an old newspaper account. Another was a piece posted at the Daily Beast. Another was to the book written by a former nanny. And now I just recently told you that on the show Kelly's Files on Fox, Kelly brought up the several times the child was evaluated by professionals and no evidence of molestation was found.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh, and no evidence certainly does NOT equate to "he didn't do it." Like I said, this is the hardest crime to prove, and rarely is there good reliable physical evidence. It certainly is a he said/she said, so you have to look in your heart to see which story you believe, and I have to say that I believe the girl.

    She is not a child anymore. She is an adult person now. She would know and remember if her mother coached her into saying these things about her father. In such a situation, a girl would probably despise her mother. And I have a hard time believing that a person would hurt themselves in this way and come out publicly with this if it didn't really happen. Because really, she is going to have a VERY difficult time.
    Declaring yourself to be a "Woody" pretty much gave the game away years ago. The guy is creepy, though did great stand-up at one time.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The court said that there was nothing sexual about his "inappropriately intense" interest with Dylan. It does not say that any of his behavior was inappropriate
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You've got it bass-ackwards. Claims like this need substantiation, and you have none




    That is not true. It said nothing about "inappropriate behavior". Woody was described as having an "inappropriately strong interest" in Dylan. It explicitly stated that there was no evidence of anything sexual about that interest. It was inappropriate because Woody would focus all his attention on Dylan, and ignore the other children (which is inappropriate) because he felt that Mia was neglecting Dylan
    As you can see above, you acknowledged the link and it's statements already prior in this discussion. Here is the link again with the particular excerpt.

    Did Woody Allen molest his adopted daughter 22 years ago? Reviewing the evidence.

    In the Time interview, Allen strongly suggests a cause-and-effect relationship between Farrow discovering his affair with Soon-Yi and the molestation allegations. But that account is hard to deduce from the timeline of events. Farrow found out about the affair when Allen left pornographic photographs of Soon-Yi on his mantel in January 1992—eight months before Dylan made her allegations. By Orth’s account, Allen was already in therapy for “inappropriate behavior” with Dylan before the revelation of the affair.

    And in their May 1994 decision, the judges of the New York appellate court held that, with regard to the events of Aug. 4, 1992, “the testimony given at trial by the individuals caring for the children that day, the videotape of Dylan made by Ms. Farrow the following day and the accounts of Dylan's behavior toward Mr. Allen both before and after the alleged instance of abuse, suggest that the abuse did occur.” Although “the evidence in support of the allegations remains inconclusive,” the court stated, “our review of the record militates against a finding that Ms. Farrow fabricated the allegations without any basis.”

  8. #268
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It is the doubt cast upon them, people calling them liars, looking down upon them. All of these things victimize a victim even further and makes them hesitant to report it. Molestation and rape are the LEAST reported crimes because of the shame and stigma involved.
    I'm fully aware of that, but let's be sure there's a victim at all before we condemn someone. Wild tangents and emotion don't undermine the concept of being innocent until proven guilty. This is the law and has been my one and only point. I don't appreciate having opinions attributed to me that I never in fact offered.

  9. #269
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,856

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh, and no evidence certainly does NOT equate to "he didn't do it." Like I said, this is the hardest crime to prove, and rarely is there good reliable physical evidence. It certainly is a he said/she said, so you have to look in your heart to see which story you believe, and I have to say that I believe the girl.

    She is not a child anymore. She is an adult person now. She would know and remember if her mother coached her into saying these things about her father. In such a situation, a girl would probably despise her mother. And I have a hard time believing that a person would hurt themselves in this way and come out publicly with this if it didn't really happen. Because really, she is going to have a VERY difficult time.
    I have no doubt in my heart she believes it happened. But the question here is was she taught that it happened by having a mother tell her over and over again that it did? You repeat something enough and it has a tendency to become the truth whether it is or isn't. I think there is enough red flags to consider that might just be what happened.

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I already have posted two or three links. One was an old newspaper account. Another was a piece posted at the Daily Beast. Another was to the book written by a former nanny. And now I just recently told you that on the show Kelly's Files on Fox, Kelly brought up the several times the child was evaluated by professionals and no evidence of molestation was found.
    Well, I must have missed that. Please give me the post numbers or repost those links if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks.

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •