View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #251
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    I just think he's a bit of a weirdo, not a charlie chester. Without the most damning evidence, it's a hell of a thing to accuse someone of.
    It's also a hell of a thing to tell a victim we don't believe you/we don't care because you were too young to catch him on video. When a child is molested, who controls the situation? The molester or the child? Attitudes like what I'm seeing in this thread is one of the reasons kids don't speak out. It's sad.

  2. #252
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's also a hell of a thing to tell a victim we don't believe you/we don't care because you were too young to catch him on video. When a child is molested, who controls the situation? The molester or the child? Attitudes like what I'm seeing in this thread is one of the reasons kids don't speak out. It's sad.
    Accusing someone of being a paedophile is possibly the worst thing anyone can be accused of in modern society, worse than a murderer, perhaps on a par with a psychopath. If you're going to accuse someone of that, you'd better be 110% certain of the facts before laying the accusation. One may believe or not believe the uncorroborated testimony of a single victim, but that in itself is probably insufficient for many, if not most, accusations of serious criminal activity.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  3. #253
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's also a hell of a thing to tell a victim we don't believe you/we don't care because you were too young to catch him on video.
    Who's saying that? Certainly not me. That's an outrageous suggestion.

    When a child is molested, who controls the situation? The molester or the child? Attitudes like what I'm seeing in this thread is one of the reasons kids don't speak out. It's sad.
    But we're not discussing a victim's capacity for self-defence.

  4. #254
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    What troubles me about these allegations
    1. These allegations didn't arise until after Allen filed for custody of his two adopted children and Rowan who we all assumed was Woody Allen's biological son until last year Mia claimed in a Vanity Fair article that Rowan could very well be the son of Frank Sinatra. Nancy Sinatra has pretty much stated so. Also after Mia Farrow discovered her 20 year old adopted daughter and Allen were having an affair, Mia Farrow still continued to work on Allen's film Hannah and her Sisters and continue to see him for dinner according to the nannies.
    2. Through testimonies of the nannies it was their opinion that the child had been coerced into making such claims. She was 7 years old. The day the alleged molesting occurred, the nanny on duty gave testimony that the child was not out of her sight for 5 minutes during her visitation with Allen and she never saw the child without her underpants. One of Allen/Farrows adopted sons, Moses from the time he was 15 to to this day uses the word "brainwashed" to described what happen to his adopted sister.
    3. I don't think most people are aware that the child went through 8 different evaluations and all the professionals concluded there was no evidence the child had been molested.

    Now if you can make an undeniable claim that someone molested a child with that type of evidence/testimony then I hope you never serve on a jury.

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    What troubles me about these allegations
    1. These allegations didn't arise until after Allen filed for custody of his two adopted children and Rowan who we all assumed was Woody Allen's biological son until last year Mia claimed in a Vanity Fair article that Rowan could very well be the son of Frank Sinatra. Nancy Sinatra has pretty much stated so. Also after Mia Farrow discovered her 20 year old adopted daughter and Allen were having an affair, Mia Farrow still continued to work on Allen's film Hannah and her Sisters and continue to see him for dinner according to the nannies.
    2. Through testimonies of the nannies it was their opinion that the child had been coerced into making such claims. She was 7 years old. The day the alleged molesting occurred, the nanny on duty gave testimony that the child was not out of her sight for 5 minutes during her visitation with Allen and she never saw the child without her underpants. One of Allen/Farrows adopted sons, Moses from the time he was 15 to to this day uses the word "brainwashed" to described what happen to his adopted sister.
    3. I don't think most people are aware that the child went through 8 different evaluations and all the professionals concluded there was no evidence the child had been molested.

    Now if you can make an undeniable claim that someone molested a child with that type of evidence/testimony then I hope you never serve on a jury.
    Interesting, I would like a link to support these claims please.

  6. #256
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Interesting, I would like a link to support these claims please.
    Links have already been posted for the first two items, and while no links have been posted that show 8 evaluations, links have been posted that showed that some professionals concluded that there was no evidence of molestation, and not one link has been posted of a professional concluding that she had been molested. In fact, I think you posted a link which concluded there was no molestation.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Links have already been posted for the first two items, and while no links have been posted that show 8 evaluations, links have been posted that showed that some professionals concluded that there was no evidence of molestation, and not one link has been posted of a professional concluding that she had been molested. In fact, I think you posted a link which concluded there was no molestation.
    Inconclusive is different. How could you say with certainty she had not been molested? You cannot. Just because the testing was inconclusive does not mean it didn't happen. Like I've said, it is the most difficult crime to prove. I still believe the girl's story. It makes complete sense, she is an adult now, she claims she has clear memories and that her mother did not coach her. Her brother (who is Allen's biological son) backs her claims and supports them completely.

    I also posted a link that said Woody Allen was already seeing a psychiatrist for inappropriate behavior with Dylan before the allegations of the affair with Soon-Yi were known.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Who's saying that? Certainly not me. That's an outrageous suggestion.


    But we're not discussing a victim's capacity for self-defence.
    It is the doubt cast upon them, people calling them liars, looking down upon them. All of these things victimize a victim even further and makes them hesitant to report it. Molestation and rape are the LEAST reported crimes because of the shame and stigma involved.

  9. #259
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I guess you're right, he seems to go for women exclusively in the 18-35-year-old age bracket. That must make him some kind of pervert.
    Not many people have married three teenagers, and a woman of age without spending a night together. Even fewer have adopted a wife. Pretending he's a regular dude is stupid. People are not blind.


    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I'm not fine with it, but I don't pretend it's something it's not. Culpable homicide is not murder. Shoplifting is not armed robbery. Ephebophilia is not paedophilia.
    You do not call collateral damage murder?

  10. #260
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Links have already been posted for the first two items, and while no links have been posted that show 8 evaluations, links have been posted that showed that some professionals concluded that there was no evidence of molestation, and not one link has been posted of a professional concluding that she had been molested. In fact, I think you posted a link which concluded there was no molestation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Interesting, I would like a link to support these claims please.
    There are numerous articles on the web covering the story during the ugly custody battle. A lot of folks confuse the ugly custody battle with Allen being charged as a sex offender believe it or not. Allen was never charged because there was no evidence to support doing so. The little girl underwent several evaluations and none produced such evidence. Surely if something was discovered, the man would have been charged. The only so called evidence that was brought forth was a video that Mia Farrow made asking her daughter questions, "What did Daddy do to you"....."Then what did he do?". The tape started and stopped throughout. Even one of the nannies in an affidavit stated that the child wasn't interested in making the film and seemed like she was being coached what to say by her mother. Even those that know Allen personally are well aware of his claustrophobia and when they read the account given that the molestation occurred in a closet like attic, they said "No Way"! Last night on Kelly's Files she even brought up the numerous times the child had been seen by professionals and no evidence was found to support the claim. I believe she stated 7-8 times. So the evidence that shoots down these allegations comes from several different sources. From Farrow's on memoirs, book written by a former nanny, news articles covering the story, affidavits taken from nannies. Too much there for me to simply say he is guilty of such a thing.

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •