View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I guess it takes a liberal to really understand another liberal this deep.
    Christ Almighty! Talk about grasping at straws. It's SHOCKING the lengths some people will go to protect their idols.

  2. #232
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Guilty until proven innocent, eh?

    American justice. Envy of the civilised world.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,370

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Guilty until proven innocent, eh?

    American justice. Envy of the civilised world.
    Nobody is saying he is guilty.

    However, would you let R. Kelly babysit your 14 year old daughter? Or let your daughter marry OJ Simpson before he got sent away for life?

    just because somebody is not sent to trial does not mean they did not do it. And I would not support persecuting him. However, I myself will never again see any of his movies. No more then I would buy an R. Kelly CD, nor a Gary Glitter CD.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  4. #234
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    Nobody is saying he is guilty.

    However, would you let R. Kelly babysit your 14 year old daughter? Or let your daughter marry OJ Simpson before he got sent away for life?

    just because somebody is not sent to trial does not mean they did not do it. And I would not support persecuting him. However, I myself will never again see any of his movies. No more then I would buy an R. Kelly CD, nor a Gary Glitter CD.
    Weren't all those other guys actually charged/convicted?

  5. #235
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,370

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Weren't all those other guys actually charged/convicted?
    Gary Glitter was convicted, twice, in 2 different countries.

    R. Kelly (like another famous singer) was tried and found not guilty. Even though there were video tapes of him having sex with 2 different 15 year old girls, or that he married his first wife Aaliyah when she was 15 years old.

    Just because somebody is found "not guilty", that does not mean they are "innocent".
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  6. #236
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    Gary Glitter was convicted, twice, in 2 different countries.

    R. Kelly (like another famous singer) was tried and found not guilty. Even though there were video tapes of him having sex with 2 different 15 year old girls, or that he married his first wife Aaliyah when she was 15 years old.

    Just because somebody is found "not guilty", that does not mean they are "innocent".
    Except that Allen has yet to face the fallout of any such evidence. These were poor analogies.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,370

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Except that Allen has yet to face the fallout of any such evidence. These were poor analogies.
    Neither had Roman Polanski, your point is?
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  8. #238
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    Neither had Roman Polanski, your point is?
    Again, there's no comparison. Polanski fled pending legal proceedings after being charged.

    If you don't see my 'point' I can't make it any easier.

  9. #239
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    His first wife was 16 when they got married. He had a relationship with Stacey Nelkin when she was 17. And Mia Farrow found nude photographs he had taken of her (allegedly) 19 year old daughter.

    Yea, to me he seems to fit most of the classic signs of being a pedophile, much like R. Kelly, Gary Glitter, and so many others.
    You don't see a difference between Allen having a relationship with a 16-year-old when he was 19, and Glitter (Gadd) having sex with 10 and 11-year-olds? What ARE the classic signs of being a paedophile? Isn't one of them actually having sex with or attraction to pre-pubescent children? I'm missing that 'classic sign' in this scenario.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #240
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,701
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And you have repeatedly stated that Soon-yi is his step-daughter and that Mia was his wife.

    Both are untrue.
    Legally, yes. However, if I had children, one of them an adopted daughter, and I "moved in with" a man who professed to love me and who later decided he loved my adopted daughter more, despite the fact that he was 20+ years older than her, I'd feel betrayed and appalled. When a man takes a woman as his "love interest", as Woody did Mia, then seduces her daughter (adopted or not), we are talking about a major betrayal not only to the woman he professed to love, but the child who she adored as a daughter. There is nothing on this planet that can convince me that what Allen did was anything short of an utter betrayal on too many levels to calculate.

    I believe the abused and shattered child before I would believe a man who had so brazenly manipulated a minor child and betrayed the woman he professed to "love". The statute of limitations assures that he will never have to answer to the allegations, and because he is a "talented genius", he will never be held to answer for the crimes he has been accused of. People do not want to believe what they do not want to believe. And society will never look too closely, because it does not want to find answers that might reveal its heros have feet of clay.

    Even accepting only what Allen has confessed to, he is a perverted swine who seduced and had sex with the adopted daughter of the woman he'd proclaimed to have loved. There is absolutely no going back from that. Ever.

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •