View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #201
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Of course not, but given the circumstances I believe the child over Woody Allen.
    Which is entirely your prerogative, as it is mine to disagree.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  2. #202
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, why does she have a hatred for him? Could it be because she found out that he sexually molested her child/children? I couldn't blame her for having some hatred in that case.
    At the very least for the Soon Yi thing, for which I do not blame her. However, having said that, that does not necessarily equate to the other stuff. It is not unheard of for a person make these kinds of allegations when they themselves are really the only ones that were hurt that deeply emotionally. In fact, it's actually fairly common. We just don't hear about many of them as most people involved are not of the celebrity status of Mia Farrow or Woody Allen.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Here is some additional information.

    Orth’s revisitation of the Allen-Farrow scandal, including the first-ever media interview with Dylan. The interview was a bombshell: Dylan (who now uses a different name) did not waver from the story she told at age 7 about Allen molesting and sexually assaulting her in the attic of her mother’s home in Connecticut, on Aug. 4, 1992. On her side is her brother, media-star-in-the-making Ronan Farrow. After Allen received a lifetime-achievement award at last Sunday’s Golden Globes ceremony, Ronan tweeted, “Missed the Woody Allen tribute—did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?”
    What we know is that in August 1992, Farrow and Dylan visited Dylan’s pediatrician, who then contacted authorities about an abuse allegation. The Connecticut state attorney later asked the Yale–New Haven Hospital Child Sexual Abuse Clinic to evaluate Dylan. In March 1993, the clinic “concluded that Dylan had not been sexually abused,” according to Orth in Vanity Fair.

    Case closed? Not necessarily. Three months later, that June, Acting Justice Elliot Wilk of New York State Supreme Court ruled against Allen in his effort to wrest custody of his three children from Farrow. Wilk criticized Yale–New Haven’s findings, stating that the hospital’s team had not interviewed Dylan, declined to testify at trial except via deposition, and destroyed its notes on the case. In her first piece for Vanity Fair about the Allen case, published in 1992, Orth had at least 25 on-the-record interviews—with sources both named and unnamed—attesting that Allen was “completely obsessed” with Dylan: “He could not seem to keep his hands off her,” Orth wrote.

    In his June 1993 ruling, Wilk also denied Allen any visitation rights with Dylan or his older adopted child with Farrow, 15-year-old Moses. In May 1994, in a hearing considering custody or increased visitation for Allen, the Appellate Division of the state Supreme Court cited a “clear consensus” among psychiatric experts involved in the case that Allen’s “interest in Dylan was abnormally intense.”
    But Finkelhor, again speaking generally, also makes the case for an entirely different scenario. “In other cases, people will make claims about things that they were willing to look past or that children were keeping under wraps for fear of breaking up the family,” he says. “These things will come out at the time [of a divorce or custody battle], because then they feel more freedom to articulate them. … The consequences of realizing that intra-family sexual abuse is going on are so devastating that it’s not uncommon for people to overlook it or explain it away.”

    In the Time interview, Allen strongly suggests a cause-and-effect relationship between Farrow discovering his affair with Soon-Yi and the molestation allegations. But that account is hard to deduce from the timeline of events. Farrow found out about the affair when Allen left pornographic photographs of Soon-Yi on his mantel in January 1992—eight months before Dylan made her allegations. By Orth’s account, Allen was already in therapy for “inappropriate behavior” with Dylan before the revelation of the affair.
    Did Woody Allen molest his adopted daughter 22 years ago? Reviewing the evidence.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Woody Allen, scumbag. Desirable to isolate him from society. Or simply to score as a sick animal.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    So, "Allen was already in therapy for "inappropriate behavior" with Dylan BEFORE the revelation of the affair" with Soon-Yi.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    At the very least for the Soon Yi thing, for which I do not blame her. However, having said that, that does not necessarily equate to the other stuff. It is not unheard of for a person make these kinds of allegations when they themselves are really the only ones that were hurt that deeply emotionally. In fact, it's actually fairly common. We just don't hear about many of them as most people involved are not of the celebrity status of Mia Farrow or Woody Allen.
    Yes, and please read my post #203 carefully. There are many different dynamics involved with such a complicated and devastating situation.

  7. #207
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Woody Allen's adopted daughter accuses him of assaulting her at age 7 - CNN.com

    Mia Farrow's daughter resurrects Woody Allen molestation claim | Fox News


    So, what are your thoughts on Woody Allen?

    Is he a pedophile?

    Creepy bastard?

    Harmless Peepaw?

    Legendary director and actor?

    Should legal action be taken immediately?



    It appears that the accusation has been made, so yes it should be investigated.

    Even if true, I don't see how anything could be proven without a confession from Allen.

    We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

    Obviously Allen is able to afford the best lawyers, etc. I doubt that he will ever be convicted for that and other reasons.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 02-02-14 at 01:41 PM.

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    And who could blame this mom for thinking that perhaps this little weirdo may have sexually molested her OTHER daughters after his inappropriate behavior with Soon-Yi? I think ANY good mother would have questions after such a revelation and maybe even go a little bat-crap crazy too.

  9. #209
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    It appears that the accusation has been made, so yes it should be investigated.
    It was investigated at the time and the girl's testimony was found to be flawed. Has any new evidence emerged?

    This is the best article on the matter I've read so far.
    But if Mia’s account is true, it means that in the middle of custody and support negotiations, during which Woody needed to be on his best behavior, in a house belonging to his furious ex-girlfriend, and filled with people seething mad at him, Woody, who is a well-known claustrophobic, decided this would be the ideal time and place to take his daughter into an attic and molest her, quickly, before a house full of children and nannies noticed they were both missing.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    It was investigated at the time and the girl's testimony was found to be flawed. Has any new evidence emerged?

    This is the best article on the matter I've read so far.
    Did you read my link? The affair revelation with Soon-Yi came out AFTER Woody was already receiving therapy for "inappropriate behavior" with Dylan.

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •