View Poll Results: Woody Allen

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile

    52 53.61%
  • Harmless Peepaw

    1 1.03%
  • Legend & Inspiration

    8 8.25%
  • Creepy bastard, but not a pedophile

    17 17.53%
  • Arrest him NOW

    5 5.15%
  • don't care, don't know, don't want to know

    14 14.43%
Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 444

Thread: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Even thinking about doing it would be sick.

    Actually doing it is really sick
    It sure is. What did he say to her? "OOOoooo. Soon-Yi, I remember you when you were a sexy 10, and you're looking like a sexy 15-year-old now. Let's get married. He is at least a perverted SOB, and I can't see what any woman would see in that wimpy little femmeman anyway.

  2. #192
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is the relationship they had.
    No, it's not. Not at all

    And I knew you would keep responding to my posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #193
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is the relationship they had. Just because it wasn't a "legal" arrangement is your justification? Pathetic.
    How so, when they never even lived together?
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #194
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I have to wonder about HER too. To get with your mom's boyfriend? Pretty skanky IMO.
    I wonder where she learned that kind of behaviour from? Maybe from having a mother who couldn't recall whether the father of her son was Woody Allen or Frank Sinatra.

    I remember reading a lot about this way back when, and I'm now recalling how creeped out and appalled I was by Farrow's behaviour. Allen's behaviour I thought decidedly odd, but Farrow seemed quite deranged, psychotic even. She clearly encouraged more than one of her children to fabricate stories about Allen in order to wreak revenge on him for the relationship with Soon-Yi.

    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  5. #195
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Did he do it? He is kinda creepy, so it's certainly in the realm of possibility. Not that that necessarily means anything, either.

    But... the evidence is sketchy at best. Just her word isn't automatically enough.

    1) Her mother has vitriolic hatred for him, and I have no doubt that rubs off.
    2) It's actually pretty common for young kids to be coached by police and/or child advocates in these situations, so it's entirely possible that she is simply brainwashed.

    Do *I* think he did it? Probably. Though my sense of "innocent until proven guilty" prevents me from calling for his incarceration (or worse).
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I wonder where she learned that kind of behaviour from? Maybe from having a mother who couldn't recall whether the father of her son was Woody Allen or Frank Sinatra.

    I remember reading a lot about this way back when, and I'm now recalling how creeped out and appalled I was by Farrow's behaviour. Allen's behaviour I thought decidedly odd, but Farrow seemed quite deranged, psychotic even. She clearly encouraged more than one of her children to fabricate stories about Allen in order to wreak revenge on him for the relationship with Soon-Yi.

    Well, perhaps they're both a couple of sickos. I'm certainly not defending her either. The whole "family dynamic" is completely off in this situation, and that cannot be denied. Now, just because they don't have any legal paperwork, there was certainly a family dynamic at play in this type of situation.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Did he do it? He is kinda creepy, so it's certainly in the realm of possibility. Not that that necessarily means anything, either.

    But... the evidence is sketchy at best. Just her word isn't automatically enough.

    1) Her mother has vitriolic hatred for him, and I have no doubt that rubs off.
    2) It's actually pretty common for young kids to be coached by police and/or child advocates in these situations, so it's entirely possible that she is simply brainwashed.

    Do *I* think he did it? Probably. Though my sense of "innocent until proven guilty" prevents me from calling for his incarceration (or worse).
    I think you nailed this...at least in terms of what I think.

  8. #198
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    In most cases with a child sexual assault, all we have to go on IS the word of said child.
    Which can't always be relied upon to be either entirely accurate nor necessarily true.

    It is one of the most difficult crimes to prove.
    That's true, and yet with very little evidence you seem to be having no trouble pronouncing a verdict.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Did he do it? He is kinda creepy, so it's certainly in the realm of possibility. Not that that necessarily means anything, either.

    But... the evidence is sketchy at best. Just her word isn't automatically enough.

    1) Her mother has vitriolic hatred for him, and I have no doubt that rubs off.
    2) It's actually pretty common for young kids to be coached by police and/or child advocates in these situations, so it's entirely possible that she is simply brainwashed.

    Do *I* think he did it? Probably. Though my sense of "innocent until proven guilty" prevents me from calling for his incarceration (or worse).
    Well, why does she have a hatred for him? Could it be because she found out that he sexually molested her child/children? I couldn't blame her for having some hatred in that case.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Woody Allen - Pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Which can't always be relied upon to be either entirely accurate nor necessarily true.

    That's true, and yet with very little evidence you seem to be having no trouble pronouncing a verdict.
    Of course not, but given the circumstances I believe the child over Woody Allen.

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •