God Bless the Marine Corps.
1. Must be charismatic
2. Must have a message that resonates with the people that the two major parties are not addressing or it seems they are not addressing
3. Must have a vision where he wants to lead America
4. Must have common sense solutions to problems that the two major parties are not attempting to solve or are putting off
5. Must be independently wealthy.
A. This is due to the two existing parties write all election laws as a mutual protection act. The independent candidate will need to expand millions to get on the ballot by challenging a lot of these laws state by state.
B. The independent candidate will need to pay petitioners to get the required signatures for ballot access as described by the different laws of all the states.
C. Due to the fact that corporations, lobbyists, Wall Street firms, super pacs and pacs, huge money individuals etc. who all donate to the campaigns of the two major parties the independent candidate will not have access to he will have expand a huge amount of his own money to get his own message out.
6. There has to be a feeling among the electorate that the two major parties are out for themselves and not America. The electorate needs to be disgusted with both major parties.
Early voting in Georgia. On the 20th of October this old Goldwater conservative voted against both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton by casting my vote for Gary Johnson. Neither Trump or Clinton belong within a million miles of the Oval Office.
Could be worse ... could be this guy
No I don't think he'd have a chance. And I would not vote for him (the conspiracy theory stuff is just too far out there, but there are also other things I don't agree with him about).
Now, I'd vote for Betty White (White Power)(and no, I don't think she would ever seriously run for President although she likely has some serious backing now, even at her age). I think watching her on the Late, Late Show in 2012 was the only time I've ever caught any part of that show and it was just plain hilarious.
"A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.