View Poll Results: What is Your Type?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Artisan - ISFP, ISTP, ESFP, ESTP

    6 7.23%
  • Guardian - ISTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ

    12 14.46%
  • Idealist - ENFP, INFJ, INFP, ENFJ

    23 27.71%
  • Rational - INTP, ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ

    42 50.60%
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 254

Thread: What's Your Personality?

  1. #171
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,032

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    There's 3. DiAnna, Smoke & Mirrors and Serenity. So this is where you've all been hiding. I guess I was just looking in all the wrong places. And your type really is very rare.

    I am ENTP and my natural match is INTJ or INFJ. And I think the female INTJ is just a myth.

    It took me decades to find my INFJ match and when I finally did I popped the question before the month was over.

    Well I do get plenty of iron in my diet. However, you just want to make me your Pygmalion project.
    just my looks are enough to do it baby
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #172
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,406

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Define "extreme."
    Having views that are well outside of the mainstream and that lack any nuance. I think lacking nuance and thinking everything is black and white without gray areas is what defines extreme more than anything else.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Having views that are well outside of the mainstream and that lack any nuance. I think lacking nuance and thinking everything is black and white without gray areas is what defines extreme more than anything else.
    Perhaps, but that's somewhat subjective. There isn't much of anything to suggest that the "mainstream" view on a given issue is necessarily correct simply because it happens to be more popular than other views, after all.

    There also isn't any particular reason why a strongly held position cannot still be nuanced and well reasoned.

    Fallacy - Argument to Moderation (Argumentum ad Temperantiam)

    This isn't to say that you are wrong, per se. There are some legitimately whacked out people in this world. However, to assume that someone's position is less credible than the norm simply because it gravitates more towards the far end of the spectrum than the middle isn't necessarily a logically sound conclusion in and of itself.

    There is a time and a place for "extremism" just as there is with anything else in this world.

    Or... That's my story, anyway, and I'm sticking to it.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 02-03-14 at 11:28 PM.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I expect that the reason we see a disproportional representation of some types on an internet forum, has something to do with the type who is interested in communicating in this fashion. If I were highly extroverted, I'd likely be spending my time with a lot of people, exchanging ideas and getting my battery charged from the environment. Instead, I reserve my own energy, and express myself without maximum personal contact, which enables me to stay somewhat focused on ideas and concepts, rather than feeling like I need to escape. As a rule, when I socialize, it's going to usually be with one person, two at the most, and with someone who shares many of my own personality traits. When I go to a party, I'm usually the one that you will find sitting outside, looking at the setting sun, or the moon and the stars.
    Some of us extroverts like coming to places like this simply because we love to debate.

    Like right now my INFJ fiancee is totally worn out of energy, she was worn out so after we made love I just tucked her in, cuddled a while until she went to sleep. Then I came here to troll DP and maybe have a lively debate about whatever. Being with an ENTP can really drain the batteries of an INFJ. But I understand that she is not withdrawing, she is simply recharging.

    This cartoon kinda describes the ENTP/INFJ dynamic.

    Island Types 10 | Oddly Developed Types

    Last edited by Muhammed; 02-04-14 at 01:16 AM.

  5. #175
    Professor
    Dirt Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    02-19-16 @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    ISTP. No idea what it means, but answered as I could.

  6. #176
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    I am INFP
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Gathomas is wrong.
    I know ChrisL. Just teasing you.

    You're an ENFP. I've had many ENFP girlfriends because they have enough energy to keep up with me. In fact, the mother of my twins is an ENFP. I dated her off and on for about 30 years and we never committed because it seems that an ENFP is just as terrified of commitment as an ENTP.

    The ENFP tends to be the quintessential outgoing party girl. About the furthest thing from a nerd you can get. And wild in bed too.

  8. #178
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    I've always been an ISTJ and still am, just like....

    St Thomas
    George Washington, a former U.S. president
    Andrew Johnson, a former U.S. president
    Benjamin Harrison, a former U.S. president
    Herbert Hoover, former U.S. president
    George H.W. Bush, former U.S. president
    Adrian Monk, a fictional character from “Monk”
    Dana Scully, a fictional character from “X-Files”
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #179
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,032

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    You were mistaken.



    Attachment 67161274

    Embrace your feelings, Chris! You know it to be true!
    this pic reminds me of CC and cookies
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #180
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,032

    Re: What's Your Personality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I know ChrisL. Just teasing you.

    You're an ENFP. I've had many ENFP girlfriends because they have enough energy to keep up with me. In fact, the mother of my twins is an ENFP. I dated her off and on for about 30 years and we never committed because it seems that an ENFP is just as terrified of commitment as an ENTP.

    The ENFP tends to be the quintessential outgoing party girl. About the furthest thing from a nerd you can get. And wild in bed too.
    enfp people are very sensitive
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •