View Poll Results: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, in accordance with the US-Italy extradition treaty.

    27 27.55%
  • Yes, she should be imprisoned somewhere, but maybe in the US.

    2 2.04%
  • No, Americans shouldn't be extradited to foreign nations even if they're guilty.

    12 12.24%
  • No, she isn't guilty.

    57 58.16%
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 376

Thread: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

  1. #181
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Hear, hear. I suspect he probably will wait for the full term to expire before calling an election. At the moment it looks like Labour are 7-9% ahead in the polls. That might mean another close call, but with Labour creating the coalition. As long as it gets Osborne and Gove out of office, I'll be happy.
    Says it all.

    +1

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    They have their own interpretations of God. Or gods if you wish. This is kinda the point. If morality were so objective, no one would disagree.
    That's completely untrue. Most people want to ignore true Morality because it is neither convenient nor politically correct. It REQUIRES things of people, whether they like those things or not. It REQUIRES them to do and be things they may not want to be.... like housewives and homemakers or like productive members of society rather than lay-about losers.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    But you know that isn't so. You're not ignorant of history.
    I'm not ignorant of history at all. The last century and a half has been all about moving further and further away from a decent, moral, and values-based society into social anarchy where there are no rules or expectations on people.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Had it been perfect, why would anyone shrink from it?
    That's not true at all. There will always be people who don't like what true Morality expects of them and who will therefore revolt against it at every opportunity.

  3. #183
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    From what I understand, Canada will not extradite someone back to the US if they face the
    Death penalty, because it violates their laws.
    Allowing Italy to extradite Amanda Knox would violate our laws against Double Jeopardy.
    I was going to say something similar but about Mexico.

  4. #184
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I'm not ignorant of history at all. The last century and a half has been all about moving further and further away from a decent, moral, and values-based society into social anarchy where there are no rules or expectations on people.
    Heh heh. In previous times people were only moral on the surface. Out of public view they were still flawed and immoral people.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Heh heh. In previous times people were only moral on the surface. Out of public view they were still flawed and immoral people.
    Whereas nowadays even that external venier of decency and propriety is gone. Instead of working to improve their private lives we've allowed their private immorality to become their public fce as well. Not the right direction so far as I'm concerned.

  6. #186
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Whereas nowadays even that external venier of decency and propriety is gone. Instead of working to improve their private lives we've allowed their private immorality to become their public fce as well. Not the right direction so far as I'm concerned.
    It almost sounds like you're saying that immorality is ok as long as we don't see it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    It almost sounds like you're saying that immorality is ok as long as we don't see it.
    Not at all. It's never appropriate, but all that the Government can realistically do is to enforce Morality in public and against those whose immoral actions in private become known to the Government.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    She shouldn't be extradited, but if she ever steps off of American soil, I support Italy going after her for no reason other than being an insanely dumb f'n bitch.

  9. #189
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    That's completely untrue. Most people want to ignore true Morality because it is neither convenient nor politically correct. It REQUIRES things of people, whether they like those things or not. It REQUIRES them to do and be things they may not want to be.... like housewives and homemakers or like productive members of society rather than lay-about losers.
    Point is, an objective fact is indisputable, whereas morality is anything but that. There's no 'true' morality, it being interpretative. You may choose to believe that water doesn't boil at a hundred degrees centigrade, but that doesn't change the fact. Morality is neither universal nor replicable, being an intangible concept. You're trying to posit morality as being empirical, but it never will be. It's not a question of convenience.

    I'm not ignorant of history at all. The last century and a half has been all about moving further and further away from a decent, moral, and values-based society into social anarchy where there are no rules or expectations on people.
    Either that or moving towards a revised morality. People still have expectations and values. You're only arguing for your personal preference. Not being you, how could anyone else be expected to see the world precisely as you do, much less everyone? Lacking the authority to impose morality on behalf of your entire country, you've no choice but to settle for the status quo. You're not permitted to behave as you will and you'd be stopped if you tried.

    That's not true at all. There will always be people who don't like what true Morality expects of them and who will therefore revolt against it at every opportunity.
    Revolt's the wrong word. Morality doesn't exist as a sentient entity, capable of compelling obedience. Even God grants us the free will to do as we please. There'll always be debate and resistance, but these aren't negatives. Only ongoing feedback ensures that ideology develops as a dynamic, adaptive and responsive process. Being a Conservative, you believe that stasis is a possibility. This is one of the ways in which Conservatism is fundamentally flawed. Traditions only pave the way for novelty and modernity.

    Things change.

  10. #190
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Should Amanda Knox Be Extradited to Prison in Italy?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Point is, an objective fact is indisputable, whereas morality is anything but that. There's no 'true' morality, it being interpretative. You may choose to believe that water doesn't boil at a hundred degrees centigrade, but that doesn't change the fact. Morality is neither universal nor replicable, being an intangible concept. You're trying to posit morality as being empirical, but it never will be. It's not a question of convenience.


    Either that or moving towards a revised morality. People still have expectations and values. You're only arguing for your personal preference. Not being you, how could anyone else be expected to see the world precisely as you do, much less everyone? Lacking the authority to impose morality on behalf of your entire country, you've no choice but to settle for the status quo. You're not permitted to behave as you will and you'd be stopped if you tried.


    Revolt's the wrong word. Morality doesn't exist as a sentient entity, capable of compelling obedience. Even God grants us the free will to do as we please. There'll always be debate and resistance, but these aren't negatives. Only ongoing feedback ensures that ideology develops as a dynamic, adaptive and responsive process. Being a Conservative, you believe that stasis is a possibility. This is one of the ways in which Conservatism is fundamentally flawed. Traditions only pave the way for novelty and modernity.

    Things change.
    Lighten up.

    Moral standards and morality overall have certainly deteriorated over the last 50 years. Credit that mostly to the "It's all about me" mentality which started taking roots through the '60s and '70s...


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •