View Poll Results: Do you believe in seat belt laws?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    74 62.18%
  • No

    45 37.82%
Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 543

Thread: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    How often does that happen?
    hard crashes almost always result in internal injuries, spleens, collar bones, pelvic bones.

  2. #332
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    hard crashes almost always result in internal injuries, spleens, collar bones, pelvic bones.
    "Hard crashes?" You mean the kind where you fly through windshields?

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    If you are willing to debate the matter in a civilised way, I am willing to translate the statistics and try to find another german speaking member who you trust to confirm the correctness of the translation?

    The ADAC is an unbiased organisation, it`s job is to ensure traffic safety.
    I am not willing to debate this at all...can you not read? I will make it clearer...

    I DON'T CARE THAT MUCH ABOUT THIS.

    I HAVE A LIFE.


    I asked for two links to two U.S. studies. Not German. And I just want the conclusions. Not the 1,000 page report itself (though access to it would be nice if I chose to read part if it).

    Do you have them? Yes or no?

    If not...we are done until you do.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-01-14 at 11:49 AM.

  4. #334
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    This issue puts me in something of a quandary.

    On the one hand I intensely resent the government telling me what to do. They do this way too often on way to many subjects that seriously are not their business.

    On the other hand, I ALWAYS wear my seat belt, and precisely because I got in the habit when I lived in Germany for a couple years 30 years ago. They literally enforced it. I did it then because I had to... I ended up learning the wisdom of it... and it became second-nature to me to the point that now I feel naked if I don't wear a seat belt.

    Hence, I wear a set belt by choice now. I feel that anybody who doesn't wear a seat belt is an idiot. Yet I still resent being told to.

    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I am not willing to debate this at all...can you not read? I will make it clearer...

    I DON'T CARE THAT MUCH ABOUT THIS.

    I HAVE A LIFE.

    DO YOU?

    A fine life indeed.

    Do you have a personality?


    I asked for two links to two U.S. studies. Not German.

    Do you have them? Yes or no?
    No. I dont even know who keeps the records on car accidents in the US.

    By the way:

    DO YOU BELIEVE THAT WRITING IN BIG FAT LETTERS WILL MAKE YOU LOOK MORE SUFISTICATED DESPITE THE FACT THAT EVERYONE KNOWS IT TO SIMPLY CREATE THE IMPRESSION OF A DESPERATLY SCREAMING PERSON!

    If not...we are done until you do.

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    A fine life indeed.

    Do you have a personality?




    No. I dont even know who keeps the records on car accidents in the US.

    By the way:

    DO YOU BELIEVE THAT WRITING IN BIG FAT LETTERS WILL MAKE YOU LOOK MORE SUFISTICATED DESPITE THE FACT THAT EVERYONE KNOWS IT TO SIMPLY CREATE THE IMPRESSION OF A DESPERATLY SCREAMING PERSON!

    If not...we are done until you do.
    Hey, I typed it nice and you missed it (or ignored it). I figured more drama was required. And it worked.

    So, since you do not have those stats, we are done for now.

    Good day.


    Btw - a fine life? Trying to get into long, drawn out debates with nameless, faceless people on an online chat forum about some silly little subject like 'can un-seat belted human bodies fly out of cars in accidents with lethal force? Lol.

    That is your idea of how to spend a 'fine life'?

    Whatever pal...not to me though.


    Once again, good day.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-01-14 at 12:05 PM.

  7. #337
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    This issue puts me in something of a quandary.

    On the one hand I intensely resent the government telling me what to do. They do this way too often on way to many subjects that seriously are not their business.

    On the other hand, I ALWAYS wear my seat belt, and precisely because I got in the habit when I lived in Germany for a couple years 30 years ago. They literally enforced it. I did it then because I had to... I ended up learning the wisdom of it... and it became second-nature to me to the point that now I feel naked if I don't wear a seat belt.

    Hence, I wear a set belt by choice now. I feel that anybody who doesn't wear a seat belt is an idiot. Yet I still resent being told to.

    Do you resent the government saying you can't drive on sidewalks too?

  8. #338
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Do you resent the government saying you can't drive on sidewalks too?
    Do you not comprehend the difference between endangering oneself vs endangering others?

    Most people grasp the difference pretty easily. Or, are you simply being mindlessly argumentative to amuse yourself?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #339
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Do you not comprehend the difference between endangering oneself vs endangering others?

    Most people grasp the difference pretty easily. Or, are you simply being mindlessly argumentative to amuse yourself?
    Actually it's you who I suspect cannot tell the difference, or are simply unaware of where the endangering others aspect exists. Let me explain the difference, both for you and to demonstrate that I do, in fact, know the difference.

    Example 1) Idiot gets into car and doesn't put on seatbelt and goes for a fast drive in the middle of an uninhabited desert. Swerves, loses control, crashes into big cactus and explodes in Michael Bay-style explosion.
    Conclusion: Endangers self.
    Example 2) Idiot gets into car and doesn't put on seatbelt. Drives through intersection and sees a car driving against the red light, so puts on the brakes and throws the steering wheel to one direction, thus due to inertia, momentum and centripetal force is temporarily thrown out of control. As a result his own car hits a pedestrian and/or other car.
    Conclusion: endangers self AND others (the important bit being "others").

    Clear?
    Last edited by Cardinal; 02-01-14 at 12:35 PM.

  10. #340
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Actually it's you who I suspect cannot tell the difference, or are simply unaware of where the endangering others aspect exists. Let me explain the difference, both for you and to demonstrate that I do, in fact, know the difference.

    Example 1) Idiot gets into car and doesn't put on seatbelt and goes for a fast drive in the middle of an uninhabited desert. Swerves, loses control, crashes into big cactus and explodes in Michael Bay-style explosion.
    Conclusion: Endangers self.
    Example 2) Idiot gets into car and doesn't put on seatbelt. Drives through intersection and sees a car driving against the red light, so puts on the brakes and throws the steering wheel to one direction, thus due to inertia, momentum and centripetal force is temporarily thrown out of control. As a result his own car hits a pedestrian and/or other car.
    Conclusion: endangers self AND others (the important bit being "others").

    Clear?
    Yes. You're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. Carry on.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •