View Poll Results: Do you believe in seat belt laws?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    74 62.18%
  • No

    45 37.82%
Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 543

Thread: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

  1. #311
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Not wearing a seatbelt does not knock you out, shrubnos.



    Bouncing around in a car because of not wearing seat belts has knocked people out.

    in any case seat belt use is required by law all over the USA.

    If you break the law, don't be surprised when you get a ticket.

  2. #312
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    It' is mighty hard for anyone to drive a motor vehicle if they have been knocked unconscious because they weren't wearing their seat belts.
    That would pose an impediment.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Do you even own a car?
    A Dacia.

    Have you moved out and started paying your own bills yet?
    Have you ever tried getting out of hillbilly land and seeing the actual civilised lands beyond the swamp?

    I was kicked out of home age 17 and probably worked more in my life by now than you ever will!

    Now obviously all you are here for is to see the threads go up in flames, so go and find some log in the swamp to bang your head against.

    Car insurance covers harm done to others.
    Not if you refused to prevent that harm being inflected on others by safety messures such as seatbelts.

    And insurance is probably not mandetory in the US as it is here.

  4. #314
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Not if you refused to prevent that harm being inflected on others by safety messures such as seatbelts.
    Seatbelts do not prevent that.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Oh, come in now.

    The smashed pieces of a skull?

    Which would you rather have flying at you...what's left of someone's skull or a re-bar rod that flew out of a pickup bed?
    The point is, I dont want anything flying at me.

    Do you understand that concept of not wanting to have a projectile of any kind fly at your direction at high speed?

    Or do I have to paint you a picture with some bright color crayons which you may understand?

    If you say the former, you are either lying or ignorant on this.
    Have a brother who worked as first responder and an uncle who is a court investigator at car accidents.

    I know the numbers pritty well.

    20% of all lethal car accidents happen due to lack of seatbelts.

    The greatest threat to someones life in traffic today are drivers who dont put enought attention on the road or drive under the influence - thereby killing themselves or those they crash into.

    Most leathal victims of car accidents today are people driven over by reckless drivers.

    I could care less what you believe or what you say your mother's, brother's, best friend's, hairstylist's, aunt's banker says.
    As you wish.

    I care about facts.
    So facts are numbers you dont chose to ignore because they are confirm with your opinion.

    Like facts from UNBIASED SOURCES from major studies about the likelihood of unbelted humans flying through windows of >5 year old cars in an accident WITH LETHAL FORCE.
    The ADAC is the organisation that oversees the safety of cars and decides wether they are or are not safe enought to be sold on the German market.

    Or links to unbiased FACTS that there is a greater danger of being injured in an accident from an unbelted human in a >5 year old car then the contents of a typical pickup truck bed?

    When you find and present those...then I am interested...not before.

    And their are tens of millions of pickup's out there...most have something in the bed...and it's probably not fluffy and light.
    I presented numbers and vids.

    You presented 7 lines ranting about how biased everything is.

    You so smart! You so good arguments!

  6. #316
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    selfish not to.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  7. #317
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    It' is mighty hard for anyone to drive a motor vehicle if they have been knocked unconscious because they weren't wearing their seat belts.
    Or thrown too far to the right through centripetal force to meaningfully control the vehicle in an emergency situation. Hell, just take a normal turn without a seatbelt and you'll feel the centripetal force pull you away from the steering wheel.

    And even if you aren't knocked unconscious, your face will still be planted in your steering wheel, which isn't a very efficient way to be looking out the windshield.

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    The point is, I dont want anything flying at me.

    Do you understand that concept of not wanting to have a projectile of any kind fly at your direction at high speed?

    Or do I have to paint you a picture with some bright color crayons which you may understand?



    Have a brother who worked as first responder and an uncle who is a court investigator at car accidents.

    I know the numbers pritty well.

    20% of all lethal car accidents happen due to lack of seatbelts.

    The greatest threat to someones life in traffic today are drivers who dont put enought attention on the road or drive under the influence - thereby killing themselves or those they crash into.

    Most leathal victims of car accidents today are people driven over by reckless drivers.



    As you wish.



    So facts are numbers you dont chose to ignore because they are confirm with your opinion.



    The ADAC is the organisation that oversees the safety of cars and decides wether they are or are not safe enought to be sold on the German market.



    I presented numbers and vids.

    You presented 7 lines ranting about how biased everything is.

    You so smart! You so good arguments!
    Please let me know when you have links to those statistics from major studies from unbiased sources that I requested.

    Until then, life is too short and Saturday's are too few for me to waste them in some pointless back-and-forth debate with you on this.

    I say the state has no right to force me to wear a seatbelt. You say it does. Fine.


    Why so many of you like these huge, pointless, multi-quote, theoretical debates is beyond me...seems a complete waste of time, IMO.

    I say just state your position, why you feel that way, post your facts to back it up, read the facts the other person posted (if any), contemplate, give a summation...move on.


    Good day.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-01-14 at 11:16 AM.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Seatbelts do not prevent that.
    Not true as pointed out again in several posts I made.

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Please me know when you have links to those statistics from major studies from unbiased sources that I requested.

    Until then, life is too short and Saturday's are too few for me to waste them in some pointless back-and-forth debate with you on this.

    Good day.
    Why didn`t you ask for those in the first place?

    Verkehr - Verkehrs- und Unfallstatistiken, Überblick

    Verkehr - Verkehrs- und Unfallstatistiken, Spezifische Probleme

    Verkehr - Verkehrs- und Unfallstatistiken, Verkehrsteilnahme

    Verkehr - Verkehrs- und Unfallstatistiken, Ortslagen

    Verkehr - Verkehrs- und Unfallstatistiken, Altersgruppen

    Verkehr - Verkehrs- und Unfallstatistiken, Unfallgeschen

    Verkehr - Verkehrs- und Unfallstatistiken, Rahmenbedingungen

Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •