View Poll Results: Do you believe in seat belt laws?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    74 62.18%
  • No

    45 37.82%
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 543

Thread: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

  1. #101
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,553

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    That is of course your opinion. My sister almost died due to a seatbelt when she went of the road and into a river. Only reason she didn't is because she happened to have a knife with her.

    Okay - your bullcrap arguments are really getting thick.

    Had your sister not had her seat belt on she might have drowned from being knocked out upon impact with water.

    The seat belt most likely saved her life by giving her the ability or opportunity to free herself.

    It's fine to be opposed to something for many many reasons.

    To make up ridiculous horse feces that's completely unsupported by fact is just going too far.

    It's like saying "My grandfather smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day for 60 years, and lived to be 95 years old without ever getting cancer, so all this crap about the dangers of smoking is nothing more than big government interference in our lives. Smoking is obviously a safe habit."

    Do you NOT swim in the ocean because a few people each year get killed by sharks?

    To suggest that seat belts are dangerous to use is so ludicrous and stupid it's not even funny.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    WTF???

    How exactly is money being "stolen from the rich and given to the poor" through seat belt laws?

    Seriously. Please explain.
    Insurance companies

  3. #103
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And getting rid of fast food restaruants and junk food would save lives also. Should we get rid of them? That would save even more lives that the 255 thousand some odd people that have been saved due to seatbelt use since 1975. Policy Impact: Seat Belts People would be better off.....right?

    Point is...don't people have a right to determine how they live and what risks they take?



    No one person has the right to determine that for everyone in the USA.

    We have elected governments to make laws for all of us.

    Anyone who doesn't like those laws should try to change them.

    I predict that our current seat belt laws aren't going away.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    The government does not exist, nor should it, to protect stupid people from themselves.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    It is amazingly stupid not to wear seat belts. But I dont see how it harms anyone else unless when ejected from the vehicle the dummy not wearing seatbelts lands on you. I do beleive we should have the right to be stupid if it harms no one else. And it might get rid of a few of them liberterians.
    Government following our ideology doesn't make us go away, but instead makes us stronger.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    I have the right to harm myself or risk my own life, and so yes, I'm against seat belt laws.

  7. #107
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Okay - your bullcrap arguments are really getting thick.

    Had your sister not had her seat belt on she might have drowned from being knocked out upon impact with water.

    The seat belt most likely saved her life by giving her the ability or opportunity to free herself.
    The keyword in there is "might". I do know that if she hadn't had a knife with her she WOULD have died for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    It's fine to be opposed to something for many many reasons.

    To make up ridiculous horse feces that's completely unsupported by fact is just going too far.
    Sorry but what happened with my sister is a fact. Whether you want to believe it or not. Also the 10k people dead in 2003 due to faulty seatbelts is also a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Do you NOT swim in the ocean because a few people each year get killed by sharks?
    Whether a person does or not should be up to them. And yes, there are some people that won't swim in the ocean for that very reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    To suggest that seat belts are dangerous to use is so ludicrous and stupid it's not even funny.
    In certain circumstances seatbelts ARE dangerous. That is a proven fact. Denying it doesn't bring those 10k people back to life.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #108
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    No one person has the right to determine that for everyone in the USA.

    We have elected governments to make laws for all of us.

    Anyone who doesn't like those laws should try to change them.

    I predict that our current seat belt laws aren't going away.
    Mob rule is not always the best way.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #109
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And getting rid of fast food restaruants and junk food would save lives also. Should we get rid of them? That would save even more lives that the 255 thousand some odd people that have been saved due to seatbelt use since 1975. Policy Impact: Seat Belts People would be better off.....right?

    Point is...don't people have a right to determine how they live and what risks they take?
    Generally, yes. Doesn't mean that the gov. shouldn't put in regulations that protect people.

    You're basing your argument on a personal experience, which is very scary and I get that, but that doesn't mean that you are using logic when you decided to not put on your seat belt. The simple fact is, seat belts save lives, you are better off wearing a seat belt, and you are more likely to be killed by not wearing a seat belt than due to a faulty seat belt.

    You are basing your decisions and arguments on a understandable, but illogical fear. Please, put on your seat belt, it could save your life.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #110
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you believe in seat belt laws for consenting adults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Generally, yes. Doesn't mean that the gov. shouldn't put in regulations that protect people.

    You're basing your argument on a personal experience, which is very scary and I get that, but that doesn't mean that you are using logic when you decided to not put on your seat belt. The simple fact is, seat belts save lives, you are better off wearing a seat belt, and you are more likely to be killed by not wearing a seat belt than due to a faulty seat belt.

    You are basing your decisions and arguments on a understandable, but illogical fear. Please, put on your seat belt, it could save your life.
    Even if it is illogical, do I not have the right to self determination? You didn't answer my question about the fast food restaruants and junk food. Which kills far more people than seat belts save. Should we get rid of them in the name of saving lives? (unless I missed your answer?)
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •