View Poll Results: Is the Media Matters story below fact or fiction?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fact - Glenn Beck reported the woman's story as fact

    11 64.71%
  • Fiction - The Media Matters assertion is false. Beck did not report the woman's claim as fact

    6 35.29%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 215

Thread: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

  1. #201
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Nothing in that article states that neither Glenn Beck, a member of his staff, or an employee of Fox News didn't contact officials in California, and/or hadn't heard back from them.

    Please point out what part of that article led to this current delusion of yours?
    There is no delusion Grim, the article plainly points out the information was readily available in San Bernardino, CA. Either Beck lied or he didn't try very hard to get the information. Has he ever hear from those sources that he supposedly contacted in California.




















































































    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''

  2. #202
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There is no delusion Grim, the article plainly points out the information was readily available in San Bernardino, CA. Either Beck lied or he didn't try very hard to get the information. Has he ever hear from those sources that he supposedly contacted in California.
    Pete ol' buddy, your political blindness has made a fool of you again. A little common sense goes a long way pal and the first thing common sense should have told you, was to check dates and times... You know, like the following dates and times:

    Tuesday, 9/15/2009
    5:00 PM EDT (2PM PDT) - Glenn Beck's show begins and airs the video.

    Wednesday, 9/16/2009
    12:24 AM EDT (9/15/2009 09:24 PM PDT) The story you linked to is published
    3:03 PM EDT (12:03 PM PDT) - Media Matters publishes story that falsely claims "Fox News reports fake murder story from ACORN video as fact"



    The story you linked to that was published a little after midnight on the east coast Tuesday night, reports that the the controversy began Tuesday:

    A San Bernardino woman Tuesday was caught up in a national controversy surrounding the community organizing group ACORN when she appeared on a hidden-camera video bragging about killing her husband.

    Since she claimed on the video to have killed her husband, two San Bernardino police homicide detectives interviewed her at the office Tuesday
    So Pete, explain how this information was readily available to Beck, when the police didn't even interview her, or contact any of her ex-husbands, until they learned of the woman's claims Tuesday, through the video that aired on Beck's show?

    Now would you care to retract your false allegation, or are you going to embrace this load of manufactured liberal garbage, just like you've done with every other false claim you've made on this thread?



    Delusion anyone?

  3. #203
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Pete ol' buddy, your political blindness has made a fool of you again. A little common sense goes a long way pal and the first thing common sense should have told you, was to check dates and times... You know, like the following dates and times:

    Tuesday, 9/15/2009
    5:00 PM EDT (2PM PDT) - Glenn Beck's show begins and airs the video.

    Wednesday, 9/16/2009
    12:24 AM EDT (9/15/2009 09:24 PM PDT) The story you linked to is published
    3:03 PM EDT (12:03 PM PDT) - Media Matters publishes story that falsely claims "Fox News reports fake murder story from ACORN video as fact"



    The story you linked to that was published a little after midnight on the east coast Tuesday night, reports that the the controversy began Tuesday:



    So Pete, explain how this information was readily available to Beck, when the police didn't even interview her, or contact any of her ex-husbands, until they learned of the woman's claims Tuesday, through the video that aired on Beck's show?

    Now would you care to retract your false allegation, or are you going to embrace this load of manufactured liberal garbage, just like you've done with every other false claim you've made on this thread?



    Delusion anyone?
    Okay, I wasn't clear enough. My point was once the local authorities in San Bernardino, CA knew about the woman's claims it was easy to find the truth. And of course Beck had all the time in the world to check it out. Oh, he hyped the tape on his radio program early in the morning. There is no way he could not have gotten the truth if he really wanted to. He really did not care whether claims were true or not. Why would he, he's not a news person, he's a talk show host. He presented that story as though it was fact. Antbody with a lick of common sense knows it.

  4. #204
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Okay, I wasn't clear enough. My point was once the local authorities in San Bernardino, CA knew about the woman's claims it was easy to find the truth. And of course Beck had all the time in the world to check it out. Oh, he hyped the tape on his radio program early in the morning. There is no way he could not have gotten the truth if he really wanted to. He really did not care whether claims were true or not. Why would he, he's not a news person, he's a talk show host. He presented that story as though it was fact. Antbody with a lick of common sense knows it.
    I tell you what Pete, that's some story you've concocted there. It's almost as laughable as some of your others, especially when I notice that nowhere in it, did I see a retraction for the blatant fabrication I just busted you for spewing:

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It looks like Beck was fibbing to his audience about contacting California and not hearing back from officials in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    ...the article plainly points out the information was readily available in San Bernardino, CA. Either Beck lied or he didn't try very hard to get the information.
    Nope... not a retraction, apology, or even an admission that your accusations were false... All we get is another one of your fabricated fantasies, designed to defend those lying liberal scumbags over at Media Matters. I call it a fabricated fantasy, because this pile of crap is no more based in reality, than any of the others you've cranked out on this thread...

    But there is a bright side Pete... It seems mac2 is ruled by the same partisan hatred and lives in the same fantasy world as you, because he's taken a liking to your false assertions and the colorful yarns you spin.

  5. #205
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I tell you what Pete, that's some story you've concocted there. It's almost as laughable as some of your others, especially when I notice that nowhere in it, did I see a retraction for the blatant fabrication I just busted you for spewing:





    Nope... not a retraction, apology, or even an admission that your accusations were false... All we get is another one of your fabricated fantasies, designed to defend those lying liberal scumbags over at Media Matters. I call it a fabricated fantasy, because this pile of crap is no more based in reality, than any of the others you've cranked out on this thread...

    But there is a bright side Pete... It seems mac2 is ruled by the same partisan hatred and lives in the same fantasy world as you, because he's taken a liking to your false assertions and the colorful yarns you spin.
    It seems to me that mak2 understands that there was no reason who Glenn Beck would show the video without checking the veracity of the video first. And while you continue to say Media Matters lied and spew you hate toward them, it a matter of fact they were able to find the truth about her story and Glenn Beck with all the power of Fox News behind him wasn't able to find it.

    Why was it necessary for Glenn Beck to show the video before finding the truth?

  6. #206
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It seems to me that mak2 understands that there was no reason who Glenn Beck would show the video without checking the veracity of the video first. And while you continue to say Media Matters lied and spew you hate toward them, it a matter of fact they were able to find the truth about her story and Glenn Beck with all the power of Fox News behind him wasn't able to find it.
    You know Pete, I've let that line of crap go for a long time now, but since you keep repeating it, it's now time for it to go...

    1. Media Matters got their "confirmation" from an ACORN press release issued AFTER it was played on Beck's show. You will find the quotes those dishonest pricks used here. As we already know, authorities in California didn't even take a look at the issue until after the video appeared on Fox.

    2. Why would FOX have contacted ACORN in the first place? They knew the video was real and that the crazy woman said those things, so they didn't need to confirm that... And you don't call a persons employer to check out whether one of their workers story of killing someone is true, you contact law enforcement, which they did and you can't prove otherwise.


    DO YOU GET IT NOW PETE?

    Of course you don't and the odds are astronomical that you ever will.

    So please do yourself, and everyone else around here a favor, and stop with the disinformation. Show a little integrity and stop sticking up for those dishonest ****tards over at Media Matters.

    Why was it necessary for Glenn Beck to show the video before finding the truth?
    When are you going to wake up out of that Media Matters trance you're in and realize that Beck had the damned truth...

    A woman working for ACORN tells people off the streets that she killed her husband. If it turns out to be true, she's either a psycho murderer, or killer that has no business telling people who walk into her office that crap, therefore no business working at ACORN... If it's not true and she's a lying, she's a mentally disturbed nut on the government payroll that has no business working at ACORN... Either way, it's definitely a story, and it was told accurately.

    P.S. Guess that means you don't have the honesty to retract your false claims... Nice job.
    Last edited by Grim17; 02-02-14 at 01:59 AM.

  7. #207
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    When are you going to wake up out of that Media Matters trance you're in and realize that Beck had the damned truth...

    A woman working for ACORN tells people off the streets that she killed her husband. If it turns out to be true, she's either a psycho murderer, or killer that has no business telling people who walk into her office that crap, therefore no business working at ACORN... If it's not true and she's a lying, she's a mentally disturbed nut on the government payroll that has no business working at ACORN... Either way, it's definitely a story, and it was told accurately.

    P.S. Guess that means you don't have the honesty to retract your false claims... Nice job.
    Sorry you're wrong, if the story had validity, it would have been covered by the news side of Fox News, but in fact it was not. There is no proof that Fox, Beck or anyone in his staff tried to contact anyone in California about the woman's story. Again, here is Media Matters claim:

    After Andrew Breitbart posted a video of an ACORN employee in San Bernardino, California, claiming that she had killed her ex-husband, Fox News' Glenn Beck, Karl Rove, Greta Van Susteren, and Sean Hannity promoted it without fact-checking it or indicating that they had contacted ACORN for a response to the claim. In fact, ACORN stated that the employee made up the story because she recognized that the actors in the video "were clearly playing with" her so she "matched their false scenario with her own false scenarios," and, indeed, the San Bernardino Police Department has said her claim is false.

    The truth is that those hosts reported the the story as being true.

  8. #208
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Sorry you're wrong, if the story had validity, it would have been covered by the news side of Fox News, but in fact it was not. There is no proof that Fox, Beck or anyone in his staff tried to contact anyone in California about the woman's story. Again, here is Media Matters claim:

    I don't know why I bother... You are living, breathing political talking point that's completely incapable of forming your own thoughts and opinions. You spew what ever your masters at TPM and Media Matters tell you to without question every damned time...

    I'll prove it now by observing how the following goes in one ear and out the other:.

    The story had political significance, and would have only made the hard news if the woman had killed het husband.

    After Andrew Breitbart posted a video of an ACORN employee in San Bernardino, California, claiming that she had killed her ex-husband, Fox News' Glenn Beck, Karl Rove, Greta Van Susteren, and Sean Hannity promoted it without fact-checking it or indicating that they had contacted ACORN for a response to the claim. In fact, ACORN stated that the employee made up the story because she recognized that the actors in the video "were clearly playing with" her so she "matched their false scenario with her own false scenarios," and, indeed, the San Bernardino Police Department has said her claim is false.

    What was the story they reported Pete?
    A: That a woman from ACORN told strangers off the street she planned and killer her husband.

    Did the woman make those claims?
    A: Yes

    Were those comments inappropriate whether true of just a case of her being a lying nut job?
    A: Yes

    Was the story "Woman kills her husband"?
    A: No


    There you go Pete... There was nothing to fact check before presenting it.



    The truth is that those hosts reported the the story as being true.
    A proven lie, demonstrated with Beck's own words.... You know it, I know it, and other than the politically brainwashed robots who graduated from Media Matters Institute for narrow political perspectives, everyone knows it.


    So, are you going to retract the false allegations you made yesterday, or are you going to continue to cling to those falsehoods until Media Matters tells you it's ok to be honest?

    I'm talking about these falsehoods:

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It looks like Beck was fibbing to his audience about contacting California and not hearing back from officials in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    the article plainly points out the information was readily available in San Bernardino, CA.

  9. #209
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I don't know why I bother... You are living, breathing political talking point that's completely incapable of forming your own thoughts and opinions. You spew what ever your masters at TPM and Media Matters tell you to without question every damned time...

    I'll prove it now by observing how the following goes in one ear and out the other:.

    The story had political significance, and would have only made the hard news if the woman had killed het husband.




    What was the story they reported Pete?
    A: That a woman from ACORN told strangers off the street she planned and killer her husband.

    Did the woman make those claims?
    A: Yes

    Were those comments inappropriate whether true of just a case of her being a lying nut job?
    A: Yes

    Was the story "Woman kills her husband"?
    A: No


    There you go Pete... There was nothing to fact check before presenting it.





    A proven lie, demonstrated with Beck's own words.... You know it, I know it, and other than the politically brainwashed robots who graduated from Media Matters Institute for narrow political perspectives, everyone knows it.


    So, are you going to retract the false allegations you made yesterday, or are you going to continue to cling to those falsehoods until Media Matters tells you it's ok to be honest?

    I'm talking about these falsehoods:
    Are you ****ing kidding me, a woman from ACORN claims she killed her husband and its only significant if its true? LMMFAO That's a GD lie, its would be a hard news story no matter what and you know it.

    I'll give you one thing, the woman shouldn't told that story because I don't condone lying. She should have asked them leave or to stop with their ridiculous questions. But that doesn't change the fact that those Fox personalities presented the story as fact. I would guess that a large portion of the audience thought it was factual.

    Beck's own words, did very little to dispel the idea the woman killed her husband, it actually gives credibility to it:

    BECK: OK. Let's see if I have this right. She's -- she never spanked her kids, but she did shoot her husband dead. She doesn't spank her kids, but you can bring in 13-year-old illegal aliens and have them be hookers.

    I mean, where do you even begin, America? This is twisted, bizarre, macabre -- I mean, is this theater? I'm not a lawyer. I'm not a jury. But, gosh, even to me, it seems like this is a potential admission of murder. And the way she was describing doing some groundwork beforehand, you know, so everybody in town knew exactly what was going on, a case might be made for premeditated murder.

    In fairness, I don't understand people who stay in abusive relationships. I don't. I get it. I get it. And maybe a jury might conclude that it was justifiable homicide. I don't know, but we haven't been even able to confirm from the state of California whether Tresa's husband from 10 years ago was killed, or if he's dead, or if she even had a husband. Did she make the story up? I don't know. Nobody's asking questions. See if the mainstream media will follow this one.

    I say you're in a dream world if you don't think he was selling the idea that he was trying to convince his audience the story was true. Media Matters is correct they reported a fake murder story from ACORN video as fact. So sorry Grim, I am not retracting a GD thing.

    Oh, here is Beck's radio program from the morning of Sept 15, 2009.

    Glenn Beck: Worst Acorn video yet Glenn Beck

  10. #210
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me, a woman from ACORN claims she killed her husband and its only significant if its true? LMMFAO That's a GD lie, its would be a hard news story no matter what and you know it.

    I'll give you one thing, the woman shouldn't told that story because I don't condone lying. She should have asked them leave or to stop with their ridiculous questions. But that doesn't change the fact that those Fox personalities presented the story as fact. I would guess that a large portion of the audience thought it was factual.

    Beck's own words, did very little to dispel the idea the woman killed her husband, it actually gives credibility to it:

    BECK: OK. Let's see if I have this right. She's -- she never spanked her kids, but she did shoot her husband dead. She doesn't spank her kids, but you can bring in 13-year-old illegal aliens and have them be hookers.

    I mean, where do you even begin, America? This is twisted, bizarre, macabre -- I mean, is this theater? I'm not a lawyer. I'm not a jury. But, gosh, even to me, it seems like this is a potential admission of murder. And the way she was describing doing some groundwork beforehand, you know, so everybody in town knew exactly what was going on, a case might be made for premeditated murder.

    In fairness, I don't understand people who stay in abusive relationships. I don't. I get it. I get it. And maybe a jury might conclude that it was justifiable homicide. I don't know, but we haven't been even able to confirm from the state of California whether Tresa's husband from 10 years ago was killed, or if he's dead, or if she even had a husband. Did she make the story up? I don't know. Nobody's asking questions. See if the mainstream media will follow this one.

    I say you're in a dream world if you don't think he was selling the idea that he was trying to convince his audience the story was true. Media Matters is correct they reported a fake murder story from ACORN video as fact. So sorry Grim, I am not retracting a GD thing.

    Oh, here is Beck's radio program from the morning of Sept 15, 2009.

    Glenn Beck: Worst Acorn video yet – Glenn Beck
    OK, it's time for a little review....

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •