View Poll Results: Is the Media Matters story below fact or fiction?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fact - Glenn Beck reported the woman's story as fact

    11 64.71%
  • Fiction - The Media Matters assertion is false. Beck did not report the woman's claim as fact

    6 35.29%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 215

Thread: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

  1. #191
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    He never specifically said he contacted or is waiting for confirmation from California, he said: "we haven't been even able to confirm from the state of California whether Tresa's husband from 10 years ago was killed, or if he's dead, or if she even had a husband. Did she make the story up? I don't know. Nobody's asking questions." Of course, if he never contacted them, he would never from them.
    Good Lord... I've never in my life seen anyone go to such lengths to convice himself that the bs he's spewing is really a bucket of rose peddles.

  2. #192
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Good Lord... I've never in my life seen anyone go to such lengths to convice himself that the bs he's spewing is really a bucket of rose peddles.
    Even if he or his staff did actually contact the state of California, the statement implied that they (California) were not investigating something they should have been - a something that apparently turned out to be absolutely nothing, and unless I missed something, was made up on the spot.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #193
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Even if he or his staff did actually contact the state of California, the statement implied that they (California) were not investigating something they should have been - a something that apparently turned out to be absolutely nothing
    That is incorrect... Watch the clip again... That comment was directed to the main stream media.


    and unless I missed something, was made up on the spot.
    What was made up on the spot?

  4. #194
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Good Lord... I've never in my life seen anyone go to such lengths to convice himself that the bs he's spewing is really a bucket of rose peddles.
    Look into the mirror Grim, it was you that misquoted the quote.

  5. #195
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Look into the mirror Grim, it was you that misquoted the quote.
    Look Pete, he said what he said... That blows your entire theory period.

    If he was trying to deceive his audience, he wouldn't have made those statements.

  6. #196
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Look Pete, he said what he said... That blows your entire theory period.

    If he was trying to deceive his audience, he wouldn't have made those statements.
    You have it backwoods, that's exactly what he would if he was trying to deceive his audience.*

    Those statements only consumed 10 seconds of his time.

  7. #197
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You have it backwoods, that's exactly what he would if he was trying to deceive his audience.*
    Do you not see how absolutely rediculous that statement is?

    Saying he tried to convince them it was and established fact, by telling them it wasn't an extablished as fact, must be some kind of partisan mind control thing... What else could explain such anti-logic?

  8. #198
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    That is incorrect... Watch the clip again... That comment was directed to the main stream media.
    Seeing as I didn't watch whatever clip this is to begin with....I can't watch it again!




    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    What was made up on the spot?
    Maybe nothing. I saw somewhere that the woman in question made up her story - and beck reported on it?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #199
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You have it backwoods, that's exactly what he would if he was trying to deceive his audience.*

    Those statements only consumed 10 seconds of his time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Do you not see how absolutely rediculous that statement is?

    Saying he tried to convince them it was and established fact, by telling them it wasn't an extablished as fact, must be some kind of partisan mind control thing... What else could explain such anti-logic?
    Well Grim, I've got some really bad news for you. It looks like Beck was fibbing to his audience about contacting California and not hearing back from officials in California. I found this story in the Internet Archive that was published the very day Beck played the video on his show.

    https://web.archive.org/web/20090924....406d524.html?

  10. #200
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Is this Media Matters claim fact, or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Well Grim, I've got some really bad news for you. It looks like Beck was fibbing to his audience about contacting California and not hearing back from officials in California. I found this story in the Internet Archive that was published the very day Beck played the video on his show.

    https://web.archive.org/web/20090924....406d524.html?
    Nothing in that article states that neither Glenn Beck, a member of his staff, or an employee of Fox News didn't contact officials in California, and/or hadn't heard back from them.

    Please point out what part of that article led to this current delusion of yours?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •