View Poll Results: How much confidence do you have in Obama to make the right decisions for the country?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • a great deal of confidence

    0 0%
  • a good amount

    7 17.95%
  • just some

    5 12.82%
  • none at all

    27 69.23%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Do you have confidence in Obama?

  1. #21
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,373

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    "the country" is kind of vague. Which country is being referenced?

  2. #22
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    I think you're oversimplifying economics a bit there. Besides, trickle down economics haven't really shown any success in the past.
    Yes, it has. You must be very young not to realize this. Where it's started to fail is because of the liberalization that's gone on in this country. Any economic system only works when people are active participants. We've lost that in this country. Young liberals now think that they're owed a living without any effort at all. They don't get an education. They make really stupid personal decisions that harm or even destroy their future. Then they have their hand out and expect someone to put a free check in it. No economic system works like that. People can work their way up the ladder and it does demonstrably happen, but far too many people don't want to even try to climb, they just want a trophy for bothering to show up.

    Trickle down works fine, it's the lazy liberals that don't.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #23
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    An important qualifier ...trickle down ..or..up only works for the wealthy...the people matter not, never have.....and when conditions really become worse, the people will revolt..I do not think we are even close to this...
    You're wrong, people work their way out of the ghetto all the time. It works for anyone who is willing to apply themselves and live intelligently.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #24
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    My own, but you would just write them off for some liberal programming that is based on lazy ****s that never did anything to better themselves
    To say that people who are not successful are lazy ***es is probably one of the most ignorant statements I've heard from the right. I had co_workers on anxiety medications because they are overwhelmed with stress working 80 hours a week.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  5. #25
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    To say that people who are not successful are lazy ***es is probably one of the most ignorant statements I've heard from the right. I had co_workers on anxiety medications because they are overwhelmed with stress working 80 hours a week.
    Then maybe they should have gotten an education when they had a chance or made better decisions in their lives, such that they didn't have to work 80 hours a week to get by?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #26
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Then maybe they should have gotten an education when they had a chance or made better decisions in their lives, such that they didn't have to work 80 hours a week to get by?
    These are college educated people. Business analyst, Project Managers, developers, etc.

    These are the cogs that make companies richer. Without them companies are worthless.

    But that is the way our country is now. Its not about people or families anymore, it is about profit.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  7. #27
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    These are college educated people. Business analyst, Project Managers, developers, etc.

    These are the cogs that make companies richer. Without them companies are worthless.

    But that is the way our country is now. Its not about people or families anymore, it is about profit.
    It's always been about profit and if you think otherwise, you're nuts. The fact remains that they CHOOSE to work 80 hours a week, nobody has a gun to their heads. If they are doing it because they have huge expenses, whose fault is that? If they are doing it out of loyalty to the company, that's their own decision. I've had jobs in the past where I was expected to work 60-70 hours a week and I decided I wouldn't do that anymore.

    So where are these people being forced to do any of this again?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #28
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    A follow up to the WaPo poll. I'm just interested in how the split is here at DP.


    Quinnipiac asked basically the same question. Their results was:
    Total Yes 42% No 53%
    Republicans Yes 9% No 86%
    Democrats Yes 80% No 17%
    Independents Yes 39% No 58%
    18-29 year olds 49% yes 42% No
    30-49 year olds 43% yes 52% No
    50-64 year olds 41% yes 57% No
    65 years and older 39% yes 55% no.

    For myself, I would say some confidence in the president which is like his stances on issues and policies. Some I agree with, some I disagree with.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    To say that people who are not successful are lazy ***es is probably one of the most ignorant statements I've heard from the right. I had co_workers on anxiety medications because they are overwhelmed with stress working 80 hours a week.
    no one said anything about successful. Your coworkers inability to function in the corporate world is no one's fault but their own, maybe they just need to grow up.

  10. #30
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Do you have confidence in Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    no one said anything about successful. Your coworkers inability to function in the corporate world is no one's fault but their own, maybe they just need to grow up.

    You do not know **** about my co-workers to even insult them, so where do you come off saying they don't know how to function in the corporate world !!!!

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •