View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    34 33.01%
  • Pro choice

    69 66.99%
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 348

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    I am pro-people making their own private decisions.
    The problem is a baby in the womb can not make that decision.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #82
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The problem is a baby in the womb can not make that decision.
    No human entity in its formative years is fully capable of making decisions. It's part of the human condition. That's why guardians make the decisions for them.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Before their is brain activity (about 10 weeks or so), I am hesitantly for abortion.

    After there is brain activity, I am against it.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,824

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The problem is a baby in the womb can not make that decision.
    The problem is that some people seem to think that a baby in the womb should be able to make that decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,824

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Logic suggests that pro-choice is better. Still, I fear like most political ideologies feminism stresses the intrinsic moral greatness of the position itself ahead of the weighty decision making that must be utilized to make good choices on the issue.
    There is no moral high ground here particularly...unless you consider that some would demand the govt have the power to take rights away from a woman to serve a fetus that might not even reach term anyway.

    But do you think that the majority of women that choose abortion (and the majority of women in general do not choose abortion) make that decision casually? Or without understanding the gravity & implications of all their options?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,824

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The problem is a baby in the womb can not make that decision.

    Considering your poll was based on this premise (and the article referring to the poll)...dont you have any response?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Er...that was in an article from a Christian publication and here is a quote from that article:

    "In the article, Michael New said: "a recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll covered in the Washington Post and elsewhere suggested that 70 percent of Americans oppose overturning Roe v. Wade."


    So....you wanna try again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #87
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    There is no moral high ground here particularly...unless you consider that some would demand the govt have the power to take rights away from a woman to serve a fetus that might not even reach term anyway.

    But do you think that the majority of women that choose abortion (and the majority of women in general do not choose abortion) make that decision casually? Or without understanding the gravity & implications of all their options?
    It is my personal policy not to judge another person's motives unless they reveal those motives to me. But every study I have seen in the last ten years has been fairly consistent that roughly 75% of abortions are done because the woman does not want the baby for whatever reason whether that be for financial reasons or convenience or she just does not want the responsibility. Fewer than 1% are done in cases of rape or incest and a tiny percentage are due to pressures by the father.

    So I don't judge those who have abortions even for convenience. That is between them and their God and/or conscience. But I grieve that we have become a culture who so often and so easily destroys human life and defends it with the dogma that it is not a human life they destroy.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  8. #88
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,824

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    It is my personal policy not to judge another person's motives unless they reveal those motives to me. But every study I have seen in the last ten years has been fairly consistent that roughly 75% of abortions are done because the woman does not want the baby for whatever reason whether that be for financial reasons or convenience or she just does not want the responsibility. Fewer than 1% are done in cases of rape or incest and a tiny percentage are due to pressures by the father.

    So I don't judge those who have abortions even for convenience. That is between them and their God and/or conscience. But I grieve that we have become a culture who so often and so easily destroys human life and defends it with the dogma that it is not a human life they destroy.
    This was my response to another poster in another related thread. Please do not feel that it applies to you...it's just an explanation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    Again you minimized IMPORTANT life choices for a woman as 'conveniences.' Do you tell your kids that their education is just an inconvenience and it doesnt really matter? College, job training, developing a career, developing the discipline to go into a job every day, all just inconveniences? Or are those the things that parents ENABLE and teach their kids so that they can go out and be successful in life?

    How about raising the kids she already has? Are less money and time devoted to them just inconveniences for those kids? (60% of women getting abortions already have at least one child). And yes, maintaining a peaceful & secure home where the parents get along IS important to current and *future* children, so maintaining a stable domestic relationship is much more than an inconvenience.

    You completely diminish women and their right to pursue happiness...to live their future and make the most of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #89
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    It is my personal policy not to judge another person's motives unless they reveal those motives to me. But every study I have seen in the last ten years has been fairly consistent that roughly 75% of abortions are done because the woman does not want the baby for whatever reason whether that be for financial reasons or convenience or she just does not want the responsibility. Fewer than 1% are done in cases of rape or incest and a tiny percentage are due to pressures by the father.

    So I don't judge those who have abortions even for convenience. That is between them and their God and/or conscience. But I grieve that we have become a culture who so often and so easily destroys human life and defends it with the dogma that it is not a human life they destroy.
    translation: the studies list some reasons without motives and you ASSUME and MAKE up the rest

    many have abortions because they feel obligated by there responsibilities and believe it is the MORAL thing to do

    now im not saying they are right but im saying is your OPINION is certainly no better than theirs and your judgement is based on nothign but opinion.

    also i havent come across one single person here or in real life who thinks ZEF isnt alive, not one
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #90
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Before their is brain activity (about 10 weeks or so), I am hesitantly for abortion.

    After there is brain activity, I am against it.
    This is why I don't really know what to file myself as. I support a right to choose with strict conditions and only up to 8-12 weeks, so essentially the European abortion model. People around here seem to call me pro-life because of that, which doesn't quite make sense.

    I don't see why anybody should have a right to stall and procrastinate for 20-30+ weeks when making such a decision. It needs to be made swiftly and early.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •