View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    34 33.01%
  • Pro choice

    69 66.99%
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 348

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice?

  1. #71
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Redress...here's the actual poll...and at close inspection it's not all of the read'em and weep percentages that the CHRISTIAN POST would love us to believe. Christians who won't take the time to carefully read all three pages and consider all the variables will love it....

    Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends
    That is not the poll his source references. I linked to the one it references here in this thread. You will notice he us avoiding it desperately. It is the annual values poll, and has lots of data he won't like.

    Edit: here it is: http://www.gallup.com/poll/162689/re...s-morally.aspx
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #72
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,479

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not the poll his source references. I linked to the one it references here in this thread. You will notice he us avoiding it desperately. It is the annual values poll, and has lots of data he won't like.

    Edit: here it is: In U.S., Record-High Say Gay, Lesbian Relations Morally OK
    Either way...it's just more propaganda.

    Sorry...posted to quick.
    thanks for the link

  3. #73
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,479

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not the poll his source references. I linked to the one it references here in this thread. You will notice he us avoiding it desperately. It is the annual values poll, and has lots of data he won't like.

    Edit: here it is: In U.S., Record-High Say Gay, Lesbian Relations Morally OK
    Redress...I just looked at your link..

    here's what the article said that Navy posted...

    Gallup's annual Values and Beliefs poll, which was conducted May 2-7, found that 58 percent of Americans want most or all abortions illegal. The poll also found 20 percent of respondents wanted abortion illegal in all circumstances with 38 percent feeling it was permissible in only certain circumstances.
    The link I posted showed the latest polling date May 7...soooo?

  4. #74
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    16 to 6 pro abortion...I guess I should not be surprised...It just shows how out of touch the members of this forum with the reality with the country...Thank god you don't represent it..........Have a wonderful evening.
    'scuse me...'scuse me! *raises hand*

    You still claim we are out of touch of reality with 'the country', yet you didnt address this (from your source):

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Er...that was in an article from a Christian publication and here is a quote from that article:

    "In the article, Michael New said: "a recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll covered in the Washington Post and elsewhere suggested that 70 percent of Americans oppose overturning Roe v. Wade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #75
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,479

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not the poll his source references. I linked to the one it references here in this thread. You will notice he us avoiding it desperately. It is the annual values poll, and has lots of data he won't like.

    Edit: here it is: In U.S., Record-High Say Gay, Lesbian Relations Morally OK
    Well, dang....check recent Gallup Poll out...


    Americans' Abortion Views Steady Amid Gosnell Trial

  6. #76
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    While those are the popular terms, they are misleading.

    Some anti-abortion people follow the notion of a consistent life ethic.

    Very few pro-abortion people oppose all laws restricting any behavior.

  7. #77
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Morally I am against abortion, and therefore my answer would be "Pro-Life".

    However, I am assuming that the poll is intended to reflect on how I want the law to work.
    I am against imposing my moral belief on others.
    Therefore, for the purpose of this poll, I am "Pro-Choice", even though I am against abortion.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Morally I am against abortion, and therefore my answer would be "Pro-Life".

    However, I am assuming that the poll is intended to reflect on how I want the law to work.
    I am against imposing my moral belief on others.
    Therefore, for the purpose of this poll, I am "Pro-Choice", even though I am against abortion.
    I very much respect this point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #79
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Morally I am against abortion, and therefore my answer would be "Pro-Life".

    However, I am assuming that the poll is intended to reflect on how I want the law to work.
    I am against imposing my moral belief on others.
    Therefore, for the purpose of this poll, I am "Pro-Choice", even though I am against abortion.
    common sense at its finest
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #80
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When it come to pro life or pro abortion how do you stand?
    Logic suggests that pro-choice is better. Still, I fear like most political ideologies feminism stresses the intrinsic moral greatness of the position itself ahead of the weighty decision making that must be utilized to make good choices on the issue.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 01-23-14 at 03:18 AM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •