View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    34 33.01%
  • Pro choice

    69 66.99%
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 348

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice?

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 05:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Interesting, but you didnt address this, and the fact that you believe your personal value judgement should apply to everyone (implied...I realize you said you wouldnt force it on women)

    Hi, Lursa.

    you never told me what was hypocritical which leads me to assume you have no depth to your statement. I know you're better than that!

  2. #252
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by breeves85 View Post
    What would you label me if I voted to pass a bill intended to allow bank robberies, but claimed I miself was against them???

    Probably call me pro-bank robbery.
    weird this doesn't change the fact your example was completely laughable and failed.
    nope not the same at all
    bank robberies are factually against the law and they factual violate rights in one direction
    and there is no right to conduct them

    but to answer your question, if people voted that id call them idiots
    id label them pro anarchy, anti-rights and anti-freedom

    your example fails again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    They were completely valid quotes and 100% on target. Denial? Really? Well no problem, everyone else can read them too.
    Alright, let's address them.

    "In 2008, teen pregnancy and childbirth accounted for nearly $11 billion per year in costs to U.S. taxpayers for increased health care and foster care, 1.) increased incarceration rates among children of teen parents, 2.) and lost tax revenue because of lower educational attainment and income among teen mothers." 1. There is no causal relationship between having a teen mother and ending up in jail 2. There is no way to statistically measure the lost tax revenue due to lower educational attainment because a.) we don't know future tax rates b.) having a baby does not preclude getting an education and therefore... the author pulled this 11 billion figure out of his ass.

    "Pregnancy and birth are significant contributors to high school drop out rates among girls. Only about 50% of teen mothers receive a high school diploma by 22 years of age, versus approximately 90% of women who had not given birth during adolescence." Misleading stat because a higher percentage of teen pregnancies occur in minority neighborhoods. Graduation rates in those neighborhoods are generally lower than the national average. Why that matters - teen pregnancy is caused by socioeconomic factors. Lower graduation rates are also caused by socioeconomic factors. Therefore, teen pregnancy does not lead directly to lower graduation, it merely correlates because both occur to a greater extent in the same poor minority neighborhoods

    "The children of teenage mothers are more likely to have lower school achievement and drop out of high school, have more health problems, be incarcerated at some time during adolescence, give birth as a teenager, and face unemployment as a young adult." Again you have a case where correlation doesn't imply causation. I would argue that socioeconomic factors are more in play.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And I also want to live in a world where people respect life...women's lives....women LIVING and breathing and participating in society and deserving of respect you choose to deny them (just by minimizing the risks of pregnancy and childbirth and their futures). Women with rights.

    More ignorance: no birth control is 100% unless it's surgical. So married couples shouldnt have sex after they cant afford more kids? Or in between? Or couples that dont want kids at all? Or people that wish to enjoy sex? Otherwise...the women must jeopardize their lives and futures....TOTAL disrespect.

    Yeah...it's just IMO but I believe women's lives are indeed more worth of respect than fetuses.
    How is it disrespectful to women to disallow abortion? You know that there are women who do not believe in abortion as well, are they equally disrespectful to their own gender, or is this just a convenient argument you can use on me due to my gender?

    Part of what makes a woman a woman is that for a period of time, she will have two bodies within her instead of just one. I hear pro-choice folks talk about a fetus like it's a parasite and I know that cannot be what God intended. Life is precious.

    More anecdotes: One of the most successful and amazing women I have ever met had her first child at age 16, and her second child at age 19. She is a purchasing manager for us and is attending college in the evenings, completely paid for by us as we value our employees continuing education. Her husband drives a truck which he now owns himself, and they live a comfortable low-six figures middle class life.

    The point is, having a baby at a young age made her more focused and determined to succeed, and she did succeed with everything she set out for herself to do.

    So you can throw statistics at me but I've shown you how they can be fudged, and you won't convince me that it's not possible to succeed professionally while raising a family at a young age.

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 05:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    weird this doesn't change the fact your example was completely laughable and failed.
    nope not the same at all
    bank robberies are factually against the law and they factual violate rights in one direction
    and there is no right to conduct them

    but to answer your question, if people voted that id call them idiots
    id label them pro anarchy, anti-rights and anti-freedom

    your example fails again
    The problem you're not able to see is that pro-life view abortions exactly the same as you view bank robberies. wrong, immoral, and [should be] against the law. so when you say they shouldn't be against the law you are essentially saying you are pro abortion. the definition of "pro" is "in favor" or in favor of abortion, which is what you're saying...is it not?

  5. #255
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by breeves85 View Post
    1.)The problem you're not able to see is that pro-life view abortions exactly the same as you view bank robberies. wrong, immoral, and [should be] against the law. so when you say they shouldn't be against the law you are essentially saying you are pro abortion. the definition of "pro" is "in favor" or in favor of abortion, which is what you're saying...is it not?
    thats no problem at all because how pro-life views things doesnt matter to how pro-choice does or choices their label, this is a fact lol

    can i then say there are pro-choice people that view you as anti-choice or anti-rights etc etc and that just makes it magically so?

    no because that logic would be equally as mentally retarded

    the reality is and facts are, bank robberies ARE FACTUALLY against the law and abortion is not

    we arent discussing fantasy

    so no its not essentially the same by any stretch of the honest imagination lol

    once again you are wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 05:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    thats no problem at all because how pro-life views things doesnt matter to how pro-choice does or choices their label, this is a fact lol

    can i then say there are pro-choice people that view you as anti-choice or anti-rights etc etc and that just makes it magically so?

    no because that logic would be equally as mentally retarded

    the reality is and facts are, bank robberies ARE FACTUALLY against the law and abortion is not

    we arent discussing fantasy

    so no its not essentially the same by any stretch of the honest imagination lol

    once again you are wrong
    ok you're right. I'm going to switch to pro abortion. i've been wrong all along and you helped me see the troof

  7. #257
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I understand what you're saying and it's a good point: one's ownership over his own body is greater than his ownership over his property, therefore the government has less right to regulate what you do with your body than it does to take your property.

    I also appreciate the story about your grandfather, I'm sorry to hear that he passed away, but it is interesting to hear how euthanasia is perceived in a country where it is legal.

    In America, we do legislate what you can and can't do with your own body, although, as you can see, it's a hotly contested point of debate. You have some Americans who draw the line at the same place you do, to say that you have complete ownership of your body but the government can pillage your possessions as they see fit. You have other Americans who see their possessions as an extension of themselves, and think the government have no more right to take their land or their home than they do to take their toe or your hand. Then you have people like me, who believe the greater good is what counts no matter what.

    I think there are merits to all points of view. I arrived at mine after a lot of reading and traveling, but I am sure I will change my mind on things several more times before my time is up.
    That is how many people reach their points of view, greater understanding usually comes with greater knowledge and experience.

    I have come to my points of view partly through experience, teachings, political leanings and meeting people and sharing ideas and learning from them.

    I do however do not agree with the government pillaging someones possessions , but there are times when the government can take possessions. One of the situations where it is legal is the "pluck them law" in which criminals are "freed" from the proceeds of their crimes (like big expensive cars, boats, villa's etc. etc. etc.). But sometimes the government also takes someones land or house but this is never without there being legal recourse (you can petition a judge etc.) and usually this only happens in extraordinary situations. Like someone owns a piece of land that is vital in building a new protection dyke against floods that threaten the lives of thousands and that person refuses to sell that land. In circumstances like that the government can forcibly procure that land, but that still can be undone by a judge.

    Pillaging governments are bad news and there is a magic cure for those kinds of governments, elections
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #258
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by breeves85 View Post
    ok you're right. I'm going to switch to pro abortion. i've been wrong all along and you helped me see the troof
    makign a deflection just because your failed logic was proven factually wrong wont help your case.
    fact remains your example still failed, especially since its illogical and its hypocritical cause you would accept it in reverse lol

    but yes i know that im right

    let me know when you have any facts that support your failed example ill be here
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Interesting, but you didnt address this, and the fact that you believe your personal value judgement should apply to everyone (implied...I realize you said you wouldnt force it on women)
    Here's how I would address that. How do you feel about people who throw away food? Same exact thing. You have people starving all over the world, and people throw food away like it's trash. Same thing with money. You have people living hand to mouth, you have people going bankrupt because their kid is sick, and on the other hand you have people who are so rich they buy gold plated toilet seats.

    All these things to me speak to a lack of human dignity.

    We send our kids off to war and watch it on TV like it's a sitcom. I want to live in a world where we value life. Not just our own, but the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that we kill, of the people in Darfur we ignore, I just want to see more respect for human dignity and for life.

    I don't think abortion is murder, but it fits in to the narrative I'm talking about, I don't like our throwaway culture and I would like to see a greater respect for life and human dignity.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    New technology says your wrong my friend.
    We will have to agree to disagree on that one because IMO there is no comparison to a 2 week old zygote and a 28 week old fetus that is nearing birth.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •