View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    34 33.01%
  • Pro choice

    69 66.99%
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 348

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice?

  1. #221
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I can't believe you lefties have no sympathy for the infant defenseless baby in the womb. Its so sad.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #222
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,718

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    And the baby in the womb has that same right. While are you afraid to call it a baby?
    Because it's not a baby and I explained why a fetus that has no known value...may be physically or mentally defective...or even be miscarried...should not have rights that supersede a woman already part of society, contributing, and having a 'known' value.

    A fetus has no idea if you kill it. A woman knows and has to live with YOUR (desired) infringement on her rights. Unless she dies during pregnancy or childbirth of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) ok, meaningless to abortion
    2.) you mean as you assume i make it out to be, again meaningless
    3.) thread history proves otherwise
    4.) you haven't presented one (argument)

    i post some facts and you tried to say its not true and then went on to talk about your personal opinion lol

    again facts remain and you are free to have your opinion
    I don't believe you're following the argument I'm making, therefore I'm spinning my wheels debating with you. Respectfully, I'm gonna end our debate because it's one thing if you understand what I'm saying and simply disagree, it's another if I'm not even able to communicate my point of view to you so that you can refute it or agree with it.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,718

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    And the baby in the womb has that same right. While are you afraid to call it a baby?
    I notice that you completely ignored this (just like you completely ignored when I posted that the article you posted actually said that 70% of Americans polled SUPPORTED Roe vs. Wade):

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post

    At least some of us only said that the needs of that fetus should not come before the rights of an American citizen, endowed on her by God as well, according to some. Therefore, she should have the right to choose what is best. She will answer to God someday (according to some) and when she does, God will take into consideration ALL the acts of her life, good and bad, and weigh them in His ultimate judgement. Only HE will know (along with the woman) if she made the RIGHT decision...based on how it affected the rest of her life, what she was able to contribute because she didnt have that child, what more she had to offer other children later, etc etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Really? My sister had hemorrhoids the size of grapes and couldnt sit at her desk at work. And yeah, she used up her sick time and was 'laid off.'

    So your anecdotal claim is only that. My claims of how women are affected during pregnancy...and the affects on their lives...is pretty well documented.

    (I have 3 sisters, and lots of cousins and friends and can give you TONS of support for how hard pregnancy & childbirth are. Or how about this one: my friend's wife, their 2nd kid, no medical issues or prior indications...died in childbirth, after hours of agony. The baby died shortly after. And it wasnt like on TV where they drift off peacefully from blood loss...she died screaming and vomiting in front of her horrified husband.) Completely unpredictable...and unpreventable.

    But here's one solid source to back my claim up, (not that it will stop you from minimizing what women go thru):

    CDC - About Teen Pregnancy - Teen Pregnancy - Reproductive Health


    "In 2008, teen pregnancy and childbirth accounted for nearly $11 billion per year in costs to U.S. taxpayers for increased health care and foster care, increased incarceration rates among children of teen parents, and lost tax revenue because of lower educational attainment and income among teen mothers."

    "Pregnancy and birth are significant contributors to high school drop out rates among girls. Only about 50% of teen mothers receive a high school diploma by 22 years of age, versus approximately 90% of women who had not given birth during adolescence."

    "The children of teenage mothers are more likely to have lower school achievement and drop out of high school, have more health problems, be incarcerated at some time during adolescence, give birth as a teenager, and face unemployment as a young adult."
    Alright say I grant you that it will screw up her whole year of school because of medical/mental/whatever issues. Just do the grade over again next year and be a year behind. It won't kill her to graduate one year older.

  6. #226
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    And the baby in the womb has that same right. While are you afraid to call it a baby?
    Because they do not agree with your belief that it actually is a baby.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #227
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    1.)I don't believe you're following the argument I'm making, therefore I'm spinning my wheels debating with you.
    2.)Respectfully, I'm gonna end our debate because it's one thing if you understand what I'm saying and simply disagree, it's another if I'm not even able to communicate my point of view to you so that you can refute it or agree with it.
    1.) yes you are spinning your wheels disagreeing with fact, this is bond to happen
    2.) this was done, facts won and disagreed with you.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 05:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    On my feet. While being pro-choice.

    Pro-abortion? You're being silly, dude.
    It's funny how none of the pro choice supporters on here answered the OP question of being pro abortion. (Which is the same thing as pro choice) which goes to show the left has to label it differently to pass it off as something good and noteworthy. Some even corrected the OP and made fun of him.

    My question to the abortion supporters...if you're so for it why does it matter what terminology you use to describe it? If you think abortion is soo awesome why do you refuse to use the term "pro abortion"?

  9. #229
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,718

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Alright say I grant you that it will screw up her whole year of school because of medical/mental/whatever issues. Just do the grade over again next year and be a year behind. It won't kill her to graduate one year older.
    And you took offense that I called you uninformed? Did you not even read the quotes???? The long term issues? Obviously you didnt read the article.

    And what you describe affects her chances to get into college as well.

    Not to mention those same physical and mental influences on a woman in the workplace and how it can set her back in a career or even get her fired.

    Again....you make absolutely no attempt to look further than a concrete sentence and consider future consequences. IMO that is just a willful disregard of women...you cant be bothered to consider the actual consequences....because you dont give ****.

    Edit: and still completely dismiss the risk of death or lifelong health consequences.
    Last edited by Lursa; 01-24-14 at 02:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 05:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Is that so? Hm. Not the poll I'm looking at. 14 to 6, for choice, at the moment.

    Anyway, I am pro-choice, not "pro-abortion." The only people who are pro-abortion are VHMET'ers.
    Seriously? Explain how being pro choice isn't the same as pro abortion?

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •