View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    34 33.01%
  • Pro choice

    69 66.99%
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 348

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice?

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Maybe not an active and engaged parent, possibly an absentee parent, but biologically/genetically a parent none-the-less.

    So see my comments about orphanages, foster parents, and adoption agencies.
    What's so bad about that?

    Nobody's forcing anybody to become a biological parent either. If you don't want to get pregnant use protection. If you happen to get pregnant give it up for adoption. I don't see what's wrong with that.

  2. #162
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Only it you arrogantly assume everyone thinks like you or your opinion is somehow fact or absolute. The reality is that for someone who views a conceived fetus as a human life, and worthy of the rights therein, it absolutely is comparable.
    nope
    I view the ZEF as a human life, i dont know anybody that doesnt
    I view it worthy rights, i have stated this over and over again. In fact if it was up to me it would be legislated to grant SPECIFICALLY the ZEF rights and like all rights it would have to be decided when and how they conflict with the rights of others what is to be done.
    I do NOT support person hood at conception though because that would simply negate the rights of the mother to extremely.

    and since there is no factually way to grant equal rights to the ZEF and the woman something in the middle should be decided on.

    so back on point, lastly until slaves are inside another human being no its not the same and the way its used is intellectually dishonest and nothing but hyperbole

    now if one wants to say they are comparably, simply because they dont like them, thats fine by me but we know thats not the comparison trying to be made

    when slavery is brought up we all know how the comparison is being made or at least the ball park compassion is being made and since slaves aren't inside another human being which is HUGE fundamentally

    so without explanation pointing to a reality based and factual comparison they will factually be different on premise and foundation and again unless explained in rational i will continue to always laugh when somebody compares abortion to slavery, or Hitler of the killing of jews since they are factually different, its simply a failed straw man appeal to emotion based on nothing but hyperbole.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #163
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When it come to pro life or pro abortion how do you stand?
    Pro-life beyond your abilities.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Last Seen
    03-01-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    373

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Yes..

  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,964

    Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by agent j
    now if one wants to say they are comparably, simply because they dont like them, thats fine by me but we know thats not the comparison trying to be made
    Except the poster basically did that and YOU straw manned him. He dd not claim they were physically similar but of similar levels of evil in his mind. Your OPINION of what should be done or that a middle ground is needed is irrelevant. Your OPINION is of no use to anyone but you as is your thought process.

    Yes, slavery is not physically similar...but based on a persons thought process and opinion, it's reasonable for someone to view their evilness as similar.

    Rape and murder are not physically the same exact same, but I would view them similar in regards to their evilness. Someone else may disagree, but their disagreement is based off THEIR opinion and view point unique to them, just as mine is to me.

    Again with your ego thinking you magically no someones intent and attempting to use that as your reasoning to straw man him. Based on digs statement, his meaning was clear...not comparing them PHYSICALLY but in terms of the level of evilness in his opinion.

    You sir are the one engaging in the fallacious debate and straw man creation.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    What's so bad about that?

    Nobody's forcing anybody to become a biological parent either. If you don't want to get pregnant use protection. If you happen to get pregnant give it up for adoption. I don't see what's wrong with that.
    Because it is not your decision to make. It is not your body and you do not have the right to force your decisions,hang-ups and religious views upon people who clearly do not agree with you on this issue. Hence the name for people who do not want to force their views upon people is pro-choice.

    Being pro-choice does not make someone pro-abortion. I agree that the adoption option has to be raised with pregnant women who want to terminate but in the end, the decision should purely be with the one who is pregnant. Sure there have to be limits and promotion of protection. But the last people who have the right to speak about that are conservatives. Conservatives were blasting and spewing their vile at women who wanted birth control in the health care provisions. They were being called whores who want to prostitute themselves on the states dime.

    And I think the opposition to including safe sex as more than just abstaining from sex is also largely a conservative issue (even though there might also be plenty of democrats who oppose true sex education for high school kids).

    Solving the problem of abortion will be helped by a less backward view of protection against pregnancy (condoms but more importantly the pill) and teaching kids about safe sex while stressing that it is better for them to start having it at a later age and to show and tell with boys and girls who have experienced the negative results of having unprotected sex too young.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Because it is not your decision to make. It is not your body and you do not have the right to force your decisions,hang-ups and religious views upon people who clearly do not agree with you on this issue. Hence the name for people who do not want to force their views upon people is pro-choice.

    Being pro-choice does not make someone pro-abortion. I agree that the adoption option has to be raised with pregnant women who want to terminate but in the end, the decision should purely be with the one who is pregnant. Sure there have to be limits and promotion of protection. But the last people who have the right to speak about that are conservatives. Conservatives were blasting and spewing their vile at women who wanted birth control in the health care provisions. They were being called whores who want to prostitute themselves on the states dime.

    And I think the opposition to including safe sex as more than just abstaining from sex is also largely a conservative issue (even though there might also be plenty of democrats who oppose true sex education for high school kids).

    Solving the problem of abortion will be helped by a less backward view of protection against pregnancy (condoms but more importantly the pill) and teaching kids about safe sex while stressing that it is better for them to start having it at a later age and to show and tell with boys and girls who have experienced the negative results of having unprotected sex too young.
    Let's focus on the first part of your response. You say it's not my decision to make. That's a libertarian argument. If we were all consistently libertarian, I would buy "it's not your decision" as a valid justification. The reality is, though, we are not.... far from it.

    The government takes your property in spite of the fact that there are those who would say it's not yours to take. The government mandates that you cannot sell your kidney on ebay, in spite of the fact that it's your kidney. The government tells you that you can't smoke crack cocaine, in spite of the fact that it's your life.

    The fact is, we get in each other's business all the time. We aren't libertarians. Therefore the libertarian argument to justify abortion just isn't very strong. If we as a society deem abortion to be destructive to society as a whole, we have every right to regulate it.

  8. #168
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    1.)Except the poster basically did that and YOU straw manned him.
    He dd not claim they were physically similar but of similar levels of evil in his mind.
    2.) Your OPINION of what should be done or that a middle ground is needed is irrelevant. Your OPINION is of no use to anyone but you as is your thought process.
    3.)Yes, slavery is not physically similar...
    4.)but based on a persons thought process and opinion, it's reasonable for someone to view their evilness as similar.
    5.)Rape and murder are not physically the same exact same, but I would view them similar in regards to their evilness.
    6.) Someone else may disagree, but their disagreement is based off THEIR opinion and view point unique to them, just as mine is to me.
    7.)Again with your ego thinking you magically no someones intent and attempting to use that as your reasoning to straw man him.
    8.)Based on digs statement, his meaning was clear...not comparing them PHYSICALLY but in terms of the level of evilness in his opinion.
    9.)You sir are the one engaging in the fallacious debate and straw man creation.
    weird you did something different, maybe you accidentally nicked my name or something in the qoute because this doesnt come up in my who quoted me, i also notice no blue dot and my name is is small letters?
    anyway no biggie just saying

    1.) did what, the posted did nothing of the sort accept say they are the same the abortion is todays slavery which is a complete irrational and illogical joke

    the statement made was "Legalized elective abortion is the ethical evil of our time like slavery was in the 1800's."
    again since a slave(one human being) isnt inside another human being how are they ethically alike?

    in one case we are talking about ONE life on an individual level and how they weren't treated as persons even though they qualified in every other way and they were beatin, bread and used for slaves

    in another we are talking about TWO lives, not one. and its a collision of right to life since one life is in the other

    not the same ethically. One is always a threat, maybe very small maybe very large but a threat to life but its presence and location. If he would like to expand more then fine but that would take ASSUMING more than he actually said and it would also make the comparison pretty silly.

    2.) no it was very relevant as to the point i want you to know that your FALSE assumption that it would only take a person thinking a ZEF is human life and worthy of rights makes it a reality they are comparable.

    that describes me and in reality that makes your assumption not true.
    3.) correct
    4.) and like i said i simply dont see it, i see no logic, facts, or reasoning to compare the two since on an individual level its ONE life vs Two and a slaver is not inside a person.
    5.) i agree, gross assaults on ONE person or life that are both against the law. I see the clear reason behind that
    6.) true and they would be hard pressed to say why they disagree with your explanation of " similar in regards to their evilness. " They would have to make a different comparison all together to place them different.
    7.) no, im simply going by the exact words that were written, the only one that guessed and assumed at intent was you. I went by the words. spo there was no strawman. again if he wants to ADD to his words he is free but anything else is assumption.
    8.) i agree it was clear and this is why i addressed at such and never said they were physically the same.

    the level of evilness was related to ethics, unless his ethics ignores the fact that abortion deals with right to life of TWO vs slavery which is one i can only go by his words. ANd if thats the case again he can clear add to his statements and clear his statement up and if the addition makes the comparison reasonable i bet id agree.
    9.) also already pointed out and as i have explained, you are mistaken, i simply went by his words and nothing else.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #169
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope
    I view the ZEF as a human life, i dont know anybody that doesnt
    I view it worthy rights, i have stated this over and over again. In fact if it was up to me it would be legislated to grant SPECIFICALLY the ZEF rights and like all rights it would have to be decided when and how they conflict with the rights of others what is to be done.
    I do NOT support person hood at conception though because that would simply negate the rights of the mother to extremely.

    and since there is no factually way to grant equal rights to the ZEF and the woman something in the middle should be decided on.

    so back on point, lastly until slaves are inside another human being no its not the same and the way its used is intellectually dishonest and nothing but hyperbole

    now if one wants to say they are comparably, simply because they dont like them, thats fine by me but we know thats not the comparison trying to be made

    when slavery is brought up we all know how the comparison is being made or at least the ball park compassion is being made and since slaves aren't inside another human being which is HUGE fundamentally

    so without explanation pointing to a reality based and factual comparison they will factually be different on premise and foundation and again unless explained in rational i will continue to always laugh when somebody compares abortion to slavery, or Hitler of the killing of jews since they are factually different, its simply a failed straw man appeal to emotion based on nothing but hyperbole.
    Well, I see a ZEF as a possibility for a human life and alive (like any cell in ones body is alive) but not a human life or human being. And the only one with rights in that early part of the pregnancy is the woman who is carrying that ZEF.

    There can never be equal rights for the ZEF or the woman, the rights in the early part of the pregnancy should rest solely with the woman. It is always one or the other that has the rights, sharing those rights are impossible to achieve.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  10. #170
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,773

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    What's so bad about that?

    Nobody's forcing anybody to become a biological parent either. If you don't want to get pregnant use protection. If you happen to get pregnant give it up for adoption. I don't see what's wrong with that.
    It's very disrespectful IMO to minimize what women deal with during a pregnancy or raising a child they arent prepared for. I posted this elsewhere (so it doesnt necessarily apply to you, it's just an explanation):

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    Again you minimized IMPORTANT life choices for a woman as 'conveniences.' Do you tell your kids that their education is just an inconvenience and it doesnt really matter? College, job training, developing a career, developing the discipline to go into a job every day, all just inconveniences? Or are those the things that parents ENABLE and teach their kids so that they can go out and be successful in life?

    How about raising the kids she already has? Are less money and time devoted to them just inconveniences for those kids? (60% of women getting abortions already have at least one child). And yes, maintaining a peaceful & secure home where the parents get along IS important to current and *future* children, so maintaining a stable domestic relationship is much more than an inconvenience.

    You completely diminish women and their right to pursue happiness...to live their future and make the most of it.
    And of course there are the very real risks to her life or lifelong health:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Again, the minimization of the risks to women.

    Deaths in childbirth on the rise in the US:

    Why are so many U.S. women dying during childbirth? : News

    From the article:

    "the rate hovers around 15 deaths per 100,000 births"

    "each year in the U.S., about 700 women die of pregnancy-related complications and 52,000 experience emergencies such as acute renal failure, shock, respiratory distress, aneurysms and heart surgery. An additional 34,000 barely avoid death."

    "The rate of severe complications during and after delivery have also doubled in the last decade, according to a 2012 federal study. Near-misses, where a woman nearly dies, increased by 27 percent."

    "Deaths from stroke are also on the rise. A recent CDC study shows pregnancy-related strokes increased by 50 percent in 2006-2007, compared with 1994-1996."


    They are not all predictable or preventable. That's total BS.

    No stranger or government has ANY right to demand that a woman take these risks if she does not want a child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •