View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    34 33.01%
  • Pro choice

    69 66.99%
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 348

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice?

  1. #151
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I would prefer to live in a society where every child is planned, and has a loving and caring set of parents who can raise that child in peace and safety.
    I would prefer to live in a society where a woman's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (right to fulfill her potential in life) is respected, and respected above a fetus that is not even born and may not ever reach term.

    And no matter what the law currently is...it's obvious that our rights are not. As our health, futures, and very lives are constantly minimized and placed 2nd to the unborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #152
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,948

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    The poll question is flawed, and as usual people don't understand the proper way to ask these questions.

    The two categories are:
    Pro-life vs. Pro-abortion
    Pro-choice vs. Anti-choice

    You can be pro-life (for yourself) yet pro-choice for others. You can also be pro-life and anti-choice.

    Likewise, you can be pro-abortion (for yourself, i.e. if I ever get pregnant I'm having an abortion), yet pro-choice or anti-choice for others.

    I am pro-life and pro-choice.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    What? No of course not. Legalizing abortion is the ethical evil of our time that society needs to fix, just like when slavery was legal.
    No, religion is the evil that society needs to fix. When do you think that'll happen?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #154
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    1.)I laugh too every time people try to compare SSM bans to interracial marriage bans since they are factually different and based on emotional hyperbole.

    2.) Slavery and abortion are not the same issue.
    3.) But legalized slavery was an ethical evil at the time it was legal, just like abortion is now.
    4.) It is our modern day "slavery" issue that absolutely needs to be corrected.
    1.) so you laugh at the facts, rights, laws, court cases, court precedence and all the judges that decided they are the same? awesome i find that funny that you laugh at that too

    but they are based on FACTS and not hyperbole lol

    if you disagree PLEASE by all means provide ONE single FACT that makes it a different issue, since again,; facts, rights, laws, court cases, judges and court cases already say they are the same. EQUALITY.

    2.) correct they are not

    What fact do you have that makes all thoise things wrong besides you simply dont like it, id LOVE to read it
    FACTS prove your post wrong and support mine, let me know when this changes

    3.) OPINION
    4.) No FACTS support this like i said NONE they are different and not a like

    let me know what you come up with id love to read it
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-23-14 at 08:43 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #155
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Very pro-life.

    Legalized elective abortion is the ethical evil of our time like slavery was in the 1800's.
    Yet, without an alternative, abortions will happen regardless of legality - they occurred before any laws were made about them, and they will continue to occur even if laws are made against them.

    But in worse conditions, and with higher chance for death or permanent damage to the mother.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #156
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No, religion is the evil that society needs to fix. When do you think that'll happen?
    When humans are no longer humans as we currently know them.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #157
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I don't know anybody who believes we should force someone to become a parent... even the staunchest pro-lifers don't believe that.
    Maybe not an active and engaged parent, possibly an absentee parent, but biologically/genetically a parent none-the-less.

    So see my comments about orphanages, foster parents, and adoption agencies.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    When humans are no longer humans as we currently know them.
    I can't wait for that day.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you're choice is anti-choice and pro-choice right? I mean since you are being partisan right?
    The biased terms are pro-death and anti-choice.

  10. #160
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I always laugh when somebody compares abortion to slavery, or Hitler of the killing of jews since they are factually different, its simply a failed straw man appeal to emotion based on nothing but hyperbole.
    Only it you arrogantly assume everyone thinks like you or your opinion is somehow fact or absolute. The reality is that for someone who views a conceived fetus as a human life, and worthy of the rights therein, it absolutely is comparable.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •