View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    34 33.01%
  • Pro choice

    69 66.99%
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 348

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice?

  1. #121
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Polls are showing the pendulum has swung and more people are pro life then pro choice.

    The problem is, of course, that those polls are questionable due to the very thing Jamesrage just pointed out.

    "Pro-Life" means a lot of things to a lot of different people.

    If given a poll with only the choices of "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice", I'd go pro-choice.

    If give a poll with only choices of "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice", I imagine most people who believe it should be illegal except for cases of rape, incest, or health of hte mother would hcoose "pro-life"

    But according to some, like Jamesrage, that would be a "pro-choice" person. Which begs the question as to what the definition of "pro-life" those polls are using.

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I have said this before but I believe the killing of and infant in the womb is the mother's life is not endangered is the most horrible crime one human bean can commit on another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Pro-life except in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother's life could be in danger. Anything else read up on birth control.
    These two posts highlight the issue with the "pro-life" or "pro-choice" poll and what it could mean. Both of you are in favor of some level of lawful abortions, which per Jamesrage's definition makes you both pro-choice. Yet I'm sure you'd both self identify as "pro-life" in such a poll.

  3. #123
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Abortion is not victimless. We all know that a human being is killed, violently, and we all know that is rather a permanent harm. Therefore, it makes no sense for anyone to employ that casual, "smoking" type argument above for an act we know to be aggressive and intentionally harmful against a human victim.
    Here's your problem JayDubya, you're thinking everyone must have the same view point you do and you're judging other peoples veiws out of an assumption they think like you...which is a poor assumption.

    I do agree, most people would stipulate that a human is being killed there. I'd also stipulate that there are numerous instances where society dictates it's perfectly legitimate to kill a human....self defense, war, punishment for law violations, etc. You're trying to paint it as some kind of standard where somehow we, as a society, never allow contextual situations that legitimaze killing of a human. We absolutely DO.

    While I would wager most agree that a fetus is human, there's GREAT disagreement as to whether or not it should be considered a fully "Living" human, or whether or not it should be considered one with full vested rights, or whether or not it's symbiotic prescence within a woman justifies a balancing level of competing rights similar to the principle that is used in things like Self Defense.

    And beyond that...yes, as crazy as it may seem, some people don't consider a fetus at any given time to be "human" in the traditional sense of the word anymore than they'd consider a sperm or egg to be simply because it has the capacity to become one. I don't personally agree, but if one approaches it with that mindset then those type of analogies are not so crazy.

  4. #124
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    In other words, you disagree with the Catholic Church. Does this make you a bad catholic navy? or just a Cafeteria one?
    Care to provide a link specifically to what you're suggesting the Catholic Church's view on this is and how it differs from Navy's. Since you're the one making the claim I'm sure you wouldn't mind providing a link and explanation

  5. #125
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    human bean
    A human what?????????????


  6. #126
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,850

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The only people who find the term abortionist to be offensive are abortionists such as yourself who are ashamed of supporting something so vile and inhumane as abortion. Its like illegal aliens and their supporters trying to use the term undocumented immigrant to hide the illegality of what they are doing.You abortionists use the term prochoice to hide the fact you support legalized abortion. If you are not ashamed about supporting legalized on demand abortion then you should have no problem being called an abortionist or pro-abortion instead of hiding being the term prochoice.
    It's rhetoric...emotional and inflammatory. If you need that to make an argument, you have a weak argument and it indicates an emotional rather than rational view of the issue.

    Interestingly, you use many such emotional and inflammatory words...further weakening your argument and showing that you really cannot think clearly on the issue...unable to separate facts from personally investing emotions in other peoples' fetuses that as far as you know...dont even exist...and due to the vagaries of biology and gestation, may never even be born.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When it come to pro life or pro abortion how do you stand?
    This is very simple. Abortion is a medical operation. So decide need woman abortion should doctors, not politicians. Abortion is admissible in early pregnancy and in cases where the pregnancy endangers the mother's life. Abortion for incest, rape or fetal genetic disease, at the discretion of the woman. Late-term abortions, no abnormalities are unacceptable.

  8. #128
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,796

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    1.)Being alive and being a human life are not the same thing.
    2.)As is so often argued by the pro-abortion crowd.
    3.) And my opinion is based on those studies I have read.
    4.) You can google that information as easily as I can, but that isn't important.
    5.) As a general rule and allowing for the possibility of exception, I don't express opinions that are not informed.
    6.) But I don't expect anybody else, most especially those who disagree with my opinions, to accept or appreciate that.
    1.) i agree never said they were, thank you
    2.) no again never seen this argument one, everyone i know agrees a ZEF is HUMAN and it is ALIVE
    3.) studies that dont say what you assume, yes i agree we already established this fact
    4.) yes i know and i have no studies say its FACTUALLY about convenience or FACTUALLY about NOT wanting responsibility. Yes i know thank you again for proving my point.
    5.) but you just did, you ASSUMED off of information that doesnt support you. This is a common mistake when people dont relize what polls and stats actually mean.
    6.) again this has nothing to do with me agreeing or disagree i was simply pointing out the fact that your statement is a guess and a poorly supported one.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #129
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,796

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    There is this part " especially abortion-on-demand, illegal; antiabortion: right-to-life advocates." So you can support certain exceptions like if carrying a baby to 50% viability will cause the mother's death.

    Right to life | Define Right to life at Dictionary.com

    adjective
    pertaining to or advocating laws making abortion, especially abortion-on-demand, illegal; antiabortion

    Abortion on demand | Define Abortion on demand at Dictionary.com

    noun
    1.
    the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
    2.
    an abortion performed on a woman solely at her own request.
    very good thank you for further proving me right, see the word especially, that word doesnt EXCLUDE people who dont feel that way it means they are especially included hence the comma and the word.

    so again the facts remains if thats all we are going by then anybody who allows legal abortion for any reason is not pro-life

    sorry iff you want to be irrational an illogical then this is the way it is, by definition you supplied and only

    so NO by definition you cant support any legality of abortion if you are pro-life, thank you for proving how absurd your claim is again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #130
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Pro-abortion? You're being silly, dude.
    Look who you're talking about.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •