View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    34 33.01%
  • Pro choice

    69 66.99%
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 348

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice?

  1. #101
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Pro-choice, but with some serious reservations. Late term, not down with that. If it has discernible human features...it's a human. If it's that far along, see it thru and get the adoption process going.

  2. #102
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    If I am pro anything in this regard, it would be pro the selection of language that does not represent such simple-mindedness by way of framing the issue.

    When complex moral issues are reduced to a child's level of understanding simply in order to create an impression, only simple and impressionable children fall for it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #103
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Redress...here's the actual poll...and at close inspection it's not all of the read'em and weep percentages that the CHRISTIAN POST would love us to believe. Christians who won't take the time to carefully read all three pages and consider all the variables will love it....

    Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends
    That's not fair and you know it, RM. There's no way in hell that Fox News can air a video of a graph. Even if they could, they'd have to explain it and that would be impossible in a 30 second segment.

    If it isn't on Fox why bother to try and, god forbid, do a bit of research and analysis by reading on the internet(s)?
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 01-23-14 at 12:47 PM. Reason: add "second"










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  4. #104
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,550
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: the studies list some reasons without motives and you ASSUME and MAKE up the rest

    many have abortions because they feel obligated by there responsibilities and believe it is the MORAL thing to do

    now im not saying they are right but im saying is your OPINION is certainly no better than theirs and your judgement is based on nothign but opinion.

    also i havent come across one single person here or in real life who thinks ZEF isnt alive, not one
    Being alive and being a human life are not the same thing. As is so often argued by the pro-abortion crowd. And my opinion is based on those studies I have read. You can google that information as easily as I can, but that isn't important. As a general rule and allowing for the possibility of exception, I don't express opinions that are not informed. But I don't expect anybody else, most especially those who disagree with my opinions, to accept or appreciate that.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  5. #105
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,550
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    This was my response to another poster in another related thread. Please do not feel that it applies to you...it's just an explanation.
    Yes I am aware of that rationale, Lursa. And again I don't see it as my prerogative to judge another in this issue. But my personal conviction is that we are responsible for those we invite or permit to enter into our jurisdiction. When we invite/allow a passenger into our vehicle or home or place of business, whether or not that person is convenient or wanted, we have a responsibility for his/her welfare. I feel the same way about the unwanted pregnancy. Any fertile woman who engages in consensual sex is allowing for the possibility of a pregnancy. And if it happens at an inconvenient time, there was a time when the huge majority of women accepted the baby as a human life for which she was responsible. And she accepted the consequences of her choices and either raised it herself, with or without benefit of help from the father, or if she was unable to give her child the blessings of love and nurture, she gave him/her up to loving parents who would. Either choice comes from pure love and reverence for life.

    I am fully aware of valid reasons when abortion is the moral and ethical choice. But in my point of view, inconvenience is not a moral or ethical justification. And if we returned to a culture of life rather than convenience, I think we would return to a time when there were far fewer unwanted pregnancies than what we see now.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  6. #106
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    I support the legalization of abortion for all three trimesters.

  7. #107
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,550
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    I support the legalization of abortion for all three trimesters.
    My argument is not a legal one. My argument is a moral and ethical one. And it is made to those who know that what is legal is not necessarily moral or ethical.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  8. #108
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    My argument is not a legal one. My argument is a moral and ethical one. And it is made to those who know that what is legal is not necessarily moral or ethical.
    Are you sure that you responded to the correct person? I never saw your argument before you replied to me. Or are you trying to show me your argument?

  9. #109
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    There is no moral high ground here particularly...unless you consider that some would demand the govt have the power to take rights away from a woman to serve a fetus that might not even reach term anyway.

    But do you think that the majority of women that choose abortion (and the majority of women in general do not choose abortion) make that decision casually? Or without understanding the gravity & implications of all their options?
    My feeling from popular culture is that some do and some don't. I don't think there is a decisive majority either way.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #110
    Guru
    GEIxBattleRifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,236

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Polls are showing the pendulum has swung and more people are pro life then pro choice.
    Pro Life: 11

    Pro Choice: 38

    But anyways I agree pro life is definitely the majority in this poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Hanging your hat entirely on the CURRENT legality of something you want to be legal and others want to make illegal does not constitute a salient argument. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    What is "alive" and how does it apply to the fetus?

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •