View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    34 33.01%
  • Pro choice

    69 66.99%
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 348

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    This is why I don't really know what to file myself as. I support a right to choose with strict conditions and only up to 8-12 weeks, so essentially the European abortion model. People around here seem to call me pro-life because of that, which doesn't quite make sense.

    I don't see why anybody should have a right to stall and procrastinate for 20-30+ weeks when making such a decision. It needs to be made swiftly and early.
    I agree with all that.

    I find most people like to put labels on themselves and others...not sure why.

    You are either pro-life or pro-choice to them.

    To me, I am neither...I am just me.

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    I'd call myself pro-choice, anti-abortion.

    It's one thing to dislike a practice, and quite another to believe that it should be illegal. It's a little like hate-speech in my mind; I dislike it, but I don't want to see it outlawed - pro-free speech, anti-hate speech.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  3. #93
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Thing is...pro-"choice" isn't absolute...that's why I support it.
    Reasonable counter.

    Guess by "absolutes" i was referring to Allow or Don't Allow. That is absolute.


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  4. #94
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Here's something I feel compelled to point out. Have you ever seen someone say:

    "Well personally I'm against rape but if others want to rape I don't want to enforce my moral principles upon them with some mean old law."

    I'm guessing the answer is probably not. Rape is violent and harmful, it is an action with a victim, and it can inflict some lingering harm, especially psychologically. What you usually see that type of argument above about is in regards to victimless actions...



    What's a victimless action? I am personally against smoking, I wouldn't let my kids smoke, would discourage family and friends from ****ing up their health, but there shouldn't be a law against it and I consider all these laws putting forth bans in open-air areas and even in private businesses to be tyrannical and stupid. Why? Victimless action. By smoking, you hurt yourself, and you know you're hurting yourself. I don't think it's the law's job to protect you from yourself.

    The point of all this?

    Abortion is not victimless. We all know that a human being is killed, violently, and we all know that is rather a permanent harm. Therefore, it makes no sense for anyone to employ that casual, "smoking" type argument above for an act we know to be aggressive and intentionally harmful against a human victim.

  5. #95
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Pro choice.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  6. #96
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    1.)Here's something I feel compelled to point out. Have you ever seen someone say:

    "Well personally I'm against rape but if others want to rape I don't want to enforce my moral principles upon them with some mean old law."

    I'm guessing the answer is probably not. Rape is violent and harmful, it is an action with a victim, and it can inflict some lingering harm, especially psychologically. What you usually see that type of argument above about is in regards to victimless actions...


    2.)What's a victimless action? I am personally against smoking, I wouldn't let my kids smoke, would discourage family and friends from ****ing up their health, but there shouldn't be a law against it and I consider all these laws putting forth bans in open-air areas and even in private businesses to be tyrannical and stupid. Why? Victimless action. By smoking, you hurt yourself, and you know you're hurting yourself. I don't think it's the law's job to protect you from yourself.

    The point of all this?

    3.)Abortion is not victimless.

    4.) We all know that a human being is killed, violently, and we all know that is rather a permanent harm.

    5.)Therefore, it makes no sense for anyone to employ that casual, "smoking" type argument above for an act we know to be aggressive and intentionally harmful against a human victim.
    1.) of course not because like your other analogies that are completely absurd and based on mentally retard logic, rape is ILLEGAL, abortion is illegal

    you analogy fails

    2.) except when ti comes to abortion you want tyrannical laws and support them

    3.) correct abortion or banning it always has a victim this is why pro-choice with limits is the way to be and your position is completely illogical and hypocritical the way you defend it. It proves you dont care about hte woman and want her viewed as a lesser.

    4.) false please stop this misinformation

    5.) no one did its a illogical strawman that you made up and it complete fails

    Facts defeat your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #97
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The comparison with all due respect is ridiculous....Some one that is Convicted of a capital crime should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law........A baby who is murdered in the womb has committed no crime.....Why can't you see the difference?
    In other words, you disagree with the Catholic Church. Does this make you a bad catholic navy? or just a Cafeteria one?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #98
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    It appears as though the rate of people seeking abortions has been going down (Family Planning, Abortions - The 2012 Statistical Abstract - U.S. Census Bureau) even among the highest rate groups: Black women, aged 15 to 44

  9. #99
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,563

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    I am fully and 100% pro-choice up until about the 20th week of pregnancy.

    After that I start leaning more and more pro-life as each week progresses.

    I also believe people who are pro-life even in cases of rape and incest are truly disgusting, and need great quantities of professional help.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,984

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I am fully and 100% pro-choice up until about the 20th week of pregnancy.

    After that I start leaning more and more pro-life as each week progresses.

    I also believe people who are pro-life even in cases of rape and incest are truly disgusting, and need great quantities of professional help.
    I do think that is esp. cruel, but I have never seen one that does support that be able to explain it, if they believe the fetus has the same right to life as the mother. So I find that confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •