View Poll Results: should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    75 52.45%
  • no

    68 47.55%
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
Results 621 to 626 of 626

Thread: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

  1. #621

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Where exactly did I type that I wanted to get rid of safety place laws?

    Not your interpretation of what I said....where I actually typed that I wanted to get rid of work place safety laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Why are you not getting this...it's simple.

    No, I believe an employer should be able to fire any employee for ANY reason...or NO reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Lol...whatever pal.

    I am saying that an employer should be able to fire an employee for ANY reason - looks, race, height, sex, eye color, penis size, favorite sorts team, favorite color...ANYTHING...no matter how pathetic the reason.

    I have already explained why.

    You don't agree...I don't much care.


    Good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    An employer should be able to fire ANY employee for ANY reason...anything.

    The employee doesn't like the Dallas Cowboys, they won't have sex with them, their shoe size, they complained about health conditions, their height, their religious beliefs, their sex, the way they part their hair...ANYTHING..
    Whistleblower retaliation is prohibited under the OSH act (authority under twenty-one federal laws).

    Additionally, arguing that an employer should be able to fire an employee for ANY REASON and then saying you don't have problems with laws that specifically restrict that is hypocritical.

    Employers can fire employees for any reason. If it is a part of illegal conduct, they will suffer consequences.
    Using Tapatalk

  2. #622
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,538
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Forget it.

    Deserve? Of course. Should companies be legally forced to comply? No.
    If the employees don't like it...quit.



    An employer should be able to fire ANY employee for ANY reason...anything.

    The employee doesn't like the Dallas Cowboys, they won't have sex with them, their shoe size, they complained about health conditions, their height, their religious beliefs, their sex, the way they part their hair...ANYTHING.

    If employees can quit for any reason, private employers should be able to fire for any reason...they don't owe anyone a job.
    Nor does the employee owe his labor to the employer. As you say, the employee should be able to quit for any reason and the employer should be able to fire any employee for any reason. All either is obligated to the other is to provide labor and compensation for that labor as they agree between each other.

    I have let an employee go who was the most qualified and most productive on my staff and had committed no work related mistakes or infractions. Why? Because that employee created such a toxic environment in the workplace that the rest of the staff could not be as productive. And the job was a whole lot more fun without that person. And yes, I did replace that person.

    And two people doing the same job do not necessarily merit the same pay. The one with the more tenure/experience and/or the most productive, the one who shows more initiative or steps in to take responsibility or be helpful when that is useful, might indeed be worth more money to the employer than another employee doing the same work. As is the employee that is least likely to want to take long periods off or leave because he/she got married or got pregnant or had ambitions for bigger and better things. All this factors in too in who the employer may choose to lay off when he needs to downsize the staff.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  3. #623

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Employers already can fire employees for any reason.
    Using Tapatalk

  4. #624
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    The question isn't "Should employers have the freedom to hire and fire at will" it is "Do you have the right to spend your money the way you want to?" I believe the answer to that is yes.

  5. #625
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Quote Originally Posted by trollarc View Post
    Employers already can fire employees for any reason.
    If labor could quit on an at-will basis in any at-will employment State, we would not need AA or laws regarding minimum wages, since they could potentially have recourse to unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines, merely so Socialism can bailout Capitalism, like usual.

  6. #626

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    This whole thing is circular, a mass cry to go back to the 1800s. Go ahead, repeal regulations about workplace safety, see how long you stay out of an union in right to work states when they are the ones negotiating safety rules.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •