View Poll Results: should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    75 52.45%
  • no

    68 47.55%
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 626

Thread: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

  1. #551
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Came across this Danish website: Flexicurity -The official website of Denmark

    Surprised that one of those glorious progressive countries lists as one of the secrets to success their policy of Flexicurity which includes:

    "One side of the triangle is flexible rules for hiring and firing, which make it easy for the employers to dismiss employees during downturns and hire new staff when things improve. About 25% of Danish private sector workers change jobs each year."

    Why should an employee waste money keeping staff they don't need. The more profitable the company is, the more they can hire at good times.

  2. #552
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    This is incredibly rich, considering I've had to repeat myself only because you don't bother to actually understand what I say.

    Never did I say such a thing. Great strawman.

    Who said the employee doesn't like the job? I just said they shouldn't have to be put into a situation where they have to choose between dignity and their family.

    Once more, it appears as if you don't take the time to actually read what is said.

    Benefiting from PUBLIC taxes, as I've already noted.

    The government isn't telling them they HAVE to employ people...only that you treat them fairly if you do.

    Enough to deliberately misinterpret what I've said multiples times and post in response to the blatant misinterpretation you conceived?


    We can be done the moment you quit replying. It won't change the fact you've been wrong multiples times about my position, nor does it change the fact you seem to think it should be legally okay to treat women as sexual objects.
    It's exactly what you said and what's telling is you have not even attempted to clarify what you said.

    So...if the employee doesn't agree to be terminated....

    I'm sorry, you gave yourself away.

    No one is forcing the employer to pay an employee anything. All I'm saying is the employer shouldn't have the right to treat employees unfairly. That doesn't mean the employee should be able to never come to work, be a terrible employee and still get paid. It just means the employer shouldn't be able to fire someone because the employee refuses to do something illegal or reprehensible.

    Nonsense, because laws protecting the employee do not constitute involuntary servitude. No one is forcing the employer to hire an employee. An employer hires someone with the understanding certain laws protects the rights of the employee.

    You are wrong in just about every way, even within the context of your own arguments.
    good post some people prefer fantasy, strawman, making things up that werent said and opinions to reality and facts.

    Like you Im glad the government protects our rights and i want the same for my fellow Americans, i dont support or want to empower bigotry and or discrimination.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #553
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    Came across this Danish website: Flexicurity -The official website of Denmark

    Surprised that one of those glorious progressive countries lists as one of the secrets to success their policy of Flexicurity which includes:

    "One side of the triangle is flexible rules for hiring and firing, which make it easy for the employers to dismiss employees during downturns and hire new staff when things improve. About 25% of Danish private sector workers change jobs each year."

    Why should an employee waste money keeping staff they don't need. The more profitable the company is, the more they can hire at good times.
    is there anybody that wants that? I know i certainly dont and havent read anybody here that does unless i missed it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #554
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,572
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    Came across this Danish website: Flexicurity -The official website of Denmark

    Surprised that one of those glorious progressive countries lists as one of the secrets to success their policy of Flexicurity which includes:

    "One side of the triangle is flexible rules for hiring and firing, which make it easy for the employers to dismiss employees during downturns and hire new staff when things improve. About 25% of Danish private sector workers change jobs each year."

    Why should an employee waste money keeping staff they don't need. The more profitable the company is, the more they can hire at good times.
    There is that. And as hard hearted as it sounds--and anybody who knows me, knows I am not hard hearted--it is also pertinent to ask the question why an employer should keep staff that he doesn't want?

    If you've ever been in a work force in which everybody got along, cared about each other, supported each other--became a family of sorts--you know what a blessing that is. Employers fortunate enough to have such a work force are equally blessed as that is the kind of place that the employees stay for years, even decades. But one person can pretty well screw that up by introducing such a toxic element into the work place that it becomes tense and uncomfortable and miserable for everybody. There is no way to really document that kind of situation because the toxic employee doesn't ever really do anything against the rules. But I'm guessing a lot of us have experienced that kind of thing at some time or other. And if there is liberty, the employer should be able to fire that person whether or not he or she is a person of color, pregnant, gay, handicapped or whatever.

    It is the employer's money. It is the employer's physical property. It is the employer's other resources that go into the operation. It is the employer who is taking all the risk involved in operating a business. The employer should be able to use all that in his own interest, and the employee should have no right to anything the employer has other than what the employer and employee agreed. I certainly have never promised an employee a lifetime job, nor have I ever been offered one. And I have never had an employee who agreed to stay with me forever nor have I ever promised an employer that I would never leave.

    If we believe in liberty instead of government social engineering, the employer should be able to hire and fire whomever he wants at will. The government can certainly establish expectations for those it contracts with. But it should not otherwise have the power to dictate to the private employer how he/she must run his/her business.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  5. #555
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    If we believe in liberty instead of government social engineering, the employer should be able to hire and fire whomever he wants at will. The government can certainly establish expectations for those it contracts with. But it should not otherwise have the power to dictate to the private employer how he/she must run his/her business.
    good thing that how it is now then
    employers can already do all that as long as they dont break laws and infringe on rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #556
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    is there anybody that wants that? I know i certainly dont and havent read anybody here that does unless i missed it.
    Not sure if you are referring to my comment about not wasting money keeping staff they don't need or the Danish system. But if it was my comment then, yes, I worded it badly. I was thinking about seasonal fluctuations and economic downturns, not bad staff. And I meant employer, not employee.

  7. #557
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    Not sure if you are referring to my comment about not wasting money keeping staff they don't need or the Danish system. But if it was my comment then, yes, I worded it badly. I was thinking about seasonal fluctuations and economic downturns, not bad staff. And I meant employer, not employee.
    i was referring to your statement i just dont understand its impact and yea i already knew you meant employer

    is there anybody in this thread that want employers to waste money keeping staff they don't need?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #558
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    i was referring to your statement i just dont understand its impact and yea i already knew you meant employer

    is there anybody in this thread that want employers to waste money keeping staff they don't need?
    I don't know about in this thread but there are numerous unions that make it very hard to terminate bad employees. Bad teachers get sent away but with pay, bad cops get put on probation with pay. Administrators seem to give up terminating some people and simply try to push them aside so they will do the least harm. One of my sons had such a teacher, twice. Nothing the Principal could do.

  9. #559
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    1.)I don't know about in this thread but there are numerous unions that make it very hard to terminate bad employees.

    2.)Bad teachers get sent away but with pay, bad cops get put on probation with pay.

    3.) Administrators seem to give up terminating some people and simply try to push them aside so they will do the least harm.

    4.) One of my sons had such a teacher, twice. Nothing the Principal could do.
    1.) this maybe very true, i have worked in unions and was a supervisor in one and it wasnt hard at all BUT i admit that was just my experience.

    We had muiltiple layoffs because of slow work etc and did muiltiple firings BUT we did have to have our ducks in a row to fire people. It was easy though when an employ did something wrong you filed it and made sure it was discussed at review times.

    if a union makes it hard to terminate employees when they are no longer needed i dont support them

    2.) i have no problem with this if its justified and in the policy procedure. Ive worked for many companies that had no unions that classified offenses and many had official stages of punishment suspensions, demotion, termination etc

    3.) again if this is true im not for that and neither is anybody i know

    4.) again see 3 but curious, why did this teacher deserved to be fired?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #560
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    701

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Show me exactly where it says in the Constitution that the state has the right to tell private business owners who they can and cannot employ (outside of criminals)?

    If you cannot - then your argument means NOTHING to me.
    Constitution? How about Constitutional LAW!

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •