View Poll Results: should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    75 52.45%
  • no

    68 47.55%
Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 626

Thread: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

  1. #341
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    1.)I think an employer should be able to 'discriminate' if he/she so chooses. Doesn't mean I agree with it
    2.) just that it is none of the govt's business.
    1.) sorry didnt mean to imply you agree with it i just wanted clarification
    2.) rights are none of the governments business?

    how would you regulate unjust firing?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #342
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    None of what I possted is non sequitur to the point I was making . And until you answer the one and only pertinent questin related to the point I was making, we have nothing else to discuss. What right does an employee have to the employer's money, property, or resources other than what is agreed beween the employer and employee?
    When a person is hired as an employee at a particular company, they know what their salary will be, as well as what their duties will be. If they hadn't agreed, they wouldn't be working there. Maybe I have missed the point of this thread, but even if the employee later finds out that his employer makes 10 times what he does, what difference does that make? That still doesn't entitle them to anything the employer has! I realize that lately the mantra has been that, for some reason, people are being told that they do, but in the real world, that's :! Most of us would not be unhappy to suddenly find our paychecks have been increased 1,000-fold, but the chances of that happening are slim to none! This isn't the lottery...it's business. Everyone who likes the idea of "robbing Peter to give to Paul" always imagine themselves as being Paul...never Peter! Sheesh!

    Greetings, AlbuOwl.

  3. #343
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    if you have a good reason to violate peoples rights or for taking them away feel free to state it, its gonna have to be really good but feel free
    The question is whether the rights you claim would be violated exist at all.

    Does someone have a right to not be fired because of some aspect of their personality/biology? Or to be hired because of same?

    If so, why?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #344
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) sorry didnt mean to imply you agree with it i just wanted clarification
    2.) rights are none of the governments business?

    how would you regulate unjust firing?
    I believe we should end the unjustness of denying and disparaging the rights of labor, who tend to be the least wealthy in our republic, regarding the concept and legal doctrine of employment at will and unemployment compensation in any at-will employment State.

  5. #345
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    1.)The question is whether the rights you claim would be violated exist at all.
    2.)Does someone have a right to not be fired because of some aspect of their personality/biology?
    3.) Or to be hired because of same?
    4.)If so, why?
    1.) yes they factually exist
    2.) yes people factually have the right to not be illegally discriminated against, its equal and civil rights
    3.) no one has this right. The right is again illegal discrimination its equal and civil rights
    4.) again with this, so YOU dont have a good reason to violate rights or take them away? let me know when you do and we can discuss it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #346
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes they factually exist
    2.) yes people factually have the right to not be illegally discriminated against, its equal and civil rights
    3.) no one has this right. The right is again illegal discrimination its equal and civil rights
    4.) again with this, so YOU dont have a good reason to violate rights or take them away? let me know when you do and we can discuss it.
    You're doing it again.

    "They exist because they are fact" proves nothing. Especially in this case, as the rights in question demonstrably are not facts, but rather opinions made into law and/or interpreted from law.

    I'm not claiming we do or do not have these rights, I'm asking you to show why you believe we should.


    For myself, I am of two minds on the matter. On the one hand, I dislike laws because they restrict individual freedom. On the other hand, I like laws because they restrict individual freedom.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #347
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I believe we should end the unjustness of denying and disparaging the rights of labor, who tend to be the least wealthy in our republic, regarding the concept and legal doctrine of employment at will and unemployment compensation in any at-will employment State.


    im not familiar with how employment at will affects unemployment, youll have to explain or ill look it up when im i can
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #348
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    1.)You're doing it again.

    2.)"They exist because they are fact" proves nothing.

    3.)Especially in this case, as the rights in question demonstrably are not facts, but rather opinions made into law and/or interpreted from law.

    4.) I'm not claiming we do or do not have these rights

    5.), I'm asking you to show why you believe we should.

    6.)For myself, I am of two minds on the matter. On the one hand, I dislike laws because they restrict individual freedom. On the other hand, I like laws because they restrict individual freedom.
    1.) nope i told you what YOU have to do and until that happens theres nothing to discuss lol, sorry you dont get your way
    this is what i said, if you have a good reason to violate peoples rights or for taking them away feel free to state it, its gonna have to be really good but feel free

    ignoring it wont make me just do what you want lol

    2.) not trying to currently prove anything, your mistake again

    3.) currently they are facts unless removed from law so until you can fulfill #1 you got nothing

    4.) did say you did

    5.) yes i understand what you are asking, see #1 again or my previous posts

    6.) nothing wrong with that opinion

    again if you want a discussion the steps are spelled out on what to do in #1
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #349
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nope i told you what YOU have to do and until that happens theres nothing to discuss lol, sorry you dont get your way
    this is what i said, if you have a good reason to violate peoples rights or for taking them away feel free to state it, its gonna have to be really good but feel free

    ignoring it wont make me just do what you want lol

    2.) not trying to currently prove anything, your mistake again

    3.) currently they are facts unless removed from law so until you can fulfill #1 you got nothing

    4.) did say you did

    5.) yes i understand what you are asking, see #1 again or my previous posts

    6.) nothing wrong with that opinion

    again if you want a discussion the steps are spelled out on what to do in #1
    Since do not recall ever making any such point, how the hell can it be relevant that I never proved said point valid?

    Stating that "this is the way it is because it is fact" is not attempting to prove something? Not sure how that's a mistake on my part - miscommunication on your part, perhaps.

    If so, then said facts are irrelevant to this discussion, since as I understand it we're attempting to debate whether they should be part of law at all. Thus claiming that they should be part of law because they are part of law already is...Bizarre...

    Ok.

    I still don't see the relevance of your #1 to my question. Or are you just arbitrarily stating that I must prove some random point you pulled out of your hat before you address my question?

    Excellent.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #350
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Since do not recall ever making any such point, how the hell can it be relevant that I never proved said point valid?

    Stating that "this is the way it is because it is fact" is not attempting to prove something? Not sure how that's a mistake on my part - miscommunication on your part, perhaps.

    If so, then said facts are irrelevant to this discussion, since as I understand it we're attempting to debate whether they should be part of law at all. Thus claiming that they should be part of law because they are part of law already is...Bizarre...

    Ok.

    I still don't see the relevance of your #1 to my question. Or are you just arbitrarily stating that I must prove some random point you pulled out of your hat before you address my question?

    Excellent.
    this isnt difficult
    if you feel you have a good reason to violate peoples rights or for taking them away feel free to state it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •