View Poll Results: should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    75 52.45%
  • no

    68 47.55%
Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 626

Thread: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    When will you learn the difference between the words "owner" and "boss"? When will you understand seeking one thing doesn't prohibit you from seeking another?
    Nah, what you REALLY did is realize how absurd your position is. The fact you just tried to claim people as property was the icing on the cake.


    And I'll tell you again:
    Okay, you told me your opinion.

    Now are you going to answer my question or not?

    The guy hires the gal. He then tells her she must sleep with him to keep her job. She tells him to stuff it - and quits.

    Where is the damage to her personal morality?

  2. #312
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Okay, you told me your opinion.

    Now are you going to answer my question or not?
    I already did.

  3. #313
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I have clarified, multiple times.
    Why is the owner/boss doing this and not trying to maximize profits?

  4. #314
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Why is the owner/boss doing this and not trying to maximize profits?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1062865915

  5. #315
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,571
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    When will you learn the difference between the words "owner" and "boss"? When will you understand seeking one thing doesn't prohibit you from seeking another?
    Nah, what you REALLY did is realize how absurd your position is. The fact you just tried to claim people as property was the icing on the cake.


    And I'll tell you again:
    The fact that you interpreted what I said as people being property was far more telling than anything I said. Most especially since you made that interpretation and I said nothing like that.

    I stand firm that my opinion is correct that you totally missed the point and you still have not addressed it. And no doubt will continue to do so as it would present a difficulty for your point of view.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  6. #316
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    You think you can maximize profits while not doing the job?

  7. #317
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    The fact that you interpreted what I said as people being property was far more telling than anything I said. Most especially since you made that interpretation and I said nothing like that.
    Uhh, yes you did. You said the following, in a discussion about whether or not employers should have unchecked power to hire and fire:

    "Then you do not believe in the unalienable right to our property and possessions that were acquired legally and ethically."

    People are not your property. I went on to say:

    "If you want total control of your business, don't look to hire anyone. But the moment you agree to accept benefits provided by the US government (currency, taxpayer built roads, etc.), your concept of "unalienable" rights loses value."

    I stand firm that my opinion is correct that you totally missed the point and you still have not addressed it. And no doubt will continue to do so as it would present a difficulty for your point of view.
    There's nothing difficult about anything. You seem to think employers should have unhindered access to a person's life, playing by absolutely nobody's rules, despite the massive benefits they receive from outside sources. You think regulation prohibiting the free exercise of firing people gets in the way of their "unalienable right to...property and possessions".

    People are not property or possessions. If you don't want to be hindered by government regulations regarding hiring and firing, then don't hire anyone. But when you operate a business which relies on A) police support paid by taxpayers B) currency backed by the US government C) public roads to access your business D) various other things, then it's silly to claim the business should get all of these benefits from the public while still being able to treat people like property, to do with as they see fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    You think you can maximize profits while not doing the job?
    You think everyone can only do and focus on one thing at a time?

  8. #318
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post

    You think everyone can only do and focus on one thing at a time?
    Depends if it is true that they only seek to maximize profits. Do they?

  9. #319
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Depends if it is true that they only seek to maximize profits. Do they?
    Do you think everyone is the same?

  10. #320
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Do you think everyone is the same?
    So maximizing profit is not the only concern?

Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •