View Poll Results: should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    75 52.45%
  • no

    68 47.55%
Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 626

Thread: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

  1. #211
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,969

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    its disgusting and just shows how little people care about peoples rights
    I certainly don't understand it. Don't get me wrong, I get the idea of cutting through unnecessary red tape, but to go so far as to say it's okay to fire someone for refusing sex...my mind simply struggles to comprehend it.

  2. #212
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    343

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    so you admit he had no proof? he guessed like you did.

    WHen laws are broken penalties are paid like in the example you quoted

    and why was the law broken in that example, because AA/EO was broken and NOT followed.
    Even IF what you say is true, the result if the employer doesn't hire "enough" of a certain race or something they get sued for discrimination. Thus, the action of the law is discriminatory.

  3. #213
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    1.)I haven't proved your point at all.
    2.)The accounts are real accounts from my career.
    3.) There are no links to these accounts.
    4.)The hospital I worked at was in 1989 and the account of my father was in the 1980's as well.
    5.)As far as today, I know that EVERY job I have EVER worked abides by some kind of quota system forced on them.
    6.) They all make decisions based on the color of skin, or gender.
    7.)In fact, another account... I used to work for a retail chain as a store manager. I applied for a "market engineering position. After all the interviews that person who was doing the hiring called me aside to talk to me. He said "I want you for the position, but the higher ups want a woman because they don't have enough women in higher positions and they don't want to be accused of discrimination".
    8.) I hear what you are saying, but the actions in the real world tell a different story.
    1.) actually you factually have
    you factually proved that you dont know what AA/EO is and you factually proved when things supposedly happen to you or someone you know you ASSUMED it was because of AA/EO

    your posts are a PERFECT example of the my point, no changing that fact at all

    2.) if you say so but parts of them are factually untrue they way you say them and it further proves #1 right

    3.) then you got nothing

    4.) meaningless INFO

    5.) links? facts? did you turn them in for breaking the law, how do you know?
    quotas are factually ILLEGAL and against the law and NOT part of AA/EO thank you for further proving #1 rights
    weird ive never encountered them ever and ive done recruiting for 3 different jobs on top of my normal job.

    6.) if they do they are breaking the law and factually NOT following AA/EO again you keep proving my point

    7.) again if true they broke the law and the factually not following AA/EO
    maybe he lied to make you feel better
    maybe this never happened


    8.) no your perception tells the perfect story, it proves my point to a T.

    THank you again for proving my point
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #214
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    1.)Even IF what you say is true
    2.), the result if the employer doesn't hire "enough" of a certain race or something they get sued for discrimination.
    3.)Thus, the action of the law is discriminatory.
    1.) not only is it true its the facts lol
    2.) NO, thats not the result because the can get sued for ANYTHING, if they are following the law they dont have to worry about it
    3.) as already proven, 100% false, thus its not by definition
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #215
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I certainly don't understand it. Don't get me wrong, I get the idea of cutting through unnecessary red tape, but to go so far as to say it's okay to fire someone for refusing sex...my mind simply struggles to comprehend it.
    me neither it just factually proves that there are people that dont care about the rights of others

    unless one is a child, foreign (not understanding rights/freedom), misogynist or a bigot how does one ever convince themselves its ok
    I feel bad for thier moms, sisters and daughters
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #216
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,403

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    There's only one way I want to see you put it. It's a pretty simple question.
    No. Not in the context of this discussion it's not. And I've been very clear. If you are too dense to understand that, then that's your problem. Not mine.

    Of course we can. I just did, in fact. And giving employers total power of hiring and firing is not freedom, it's simply transferring power from employee to employer. I already addressed this earlier in the thread, but I can direct you to the post if you'd like.
    The OP used the term "freedom." Freedom to hire and fire at will. I think you just like to see yourself typing or something.

    But you're okay with a woman being fired if she refuses, correct?
    No, I'm not "okay" with it. Just like I"m not "okay" with people dropping the "N" word. But I am okay with Freedom of Speech. Why is the concept so hard for you to grasp? The straw man you are fighting with doesn't even resemble me.

    Because refusing sex is a moral decision. We already established you would prohibit an employer from being able to fire an employee for refusing to do something illegal. So now we're onto a moral discussion and there are very few things more offensive than an employer wielding sex as a form of control. At least, that's how I feel, you seem to feel differently.
    Oh so now you are arguing morals. Who's morals? Yours? And if you think I feel differently you have serious reading comprehension issues.

    Uhh, I'm not the one who is advocating for complete and uninhibited power for the employer in regards to hiring and firing. You are.
    It went right over your head didn't it?

    Ooh, you bolded AND italicized this...now you mean business....
    I forgot how fun people like you can be.

    So tell me, how far do you believe the freedom principle carries? For example, if I walk into your restaurant and eat your food, but decide your food tasted bad, can I just walk out without paying for it (or paying what I feel it's worth)? After all, you didn't earn my money, you provided me with a lousy meal. And I assume I'm right in believing you are completely okay with me telling everyone I know you served me food with maggots in it...after all, you believe in total freedom of speech, so a lie which costs you money shouldn't bother you at all.
    Now you're talking about something completely different. What you are describing is stealing. What we were discussing was an employer deciding as to whether or not to employ someone. If you work and I don't pay you I'm stealing money you have earned. If I fire you I don't have to pay you because you no longer work for me. I don't know if you're reframing for the sake of argument or just being obtuse.

    So how far does freedom extend?
    I'm gonna start calling you Norma Rae Quixote.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #217
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    343

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) actually you factually have
    you factually proved that you dont know what AA/EO is and you factually proved when things supposedly happen to you or someone you know you ASSUMED it was because of AA/EO

    your posts are a PERFECT example of the my point, no changing that fact at all

    2.) if you say so but parts of them are factually untrue they way you say them and it further proves #1 right

    3.) then you got nothing

    4.) meaningless INFO

    5.) links? facts? did you turn them in for breaking the law, how do you know?
    quotas are factually ILLEGAL and against the law and NOT part of AA/EO thank you for further proving #1 rights
    weird ive never encountered them ever and ive done recruiting for 3 different jobs on top of my normal job.

    6.) if they do they are breaking the law and factually NOT following AA/EO again you keep proving my point

    7.) again if true they broke the law and the factually not following AA/EO
    maybe he lied to make you feel better
    maybe this never happened


    8.) no your perception tells the perfect story, it proves my point to a T.

    THank you again for proving my point
    Ok skippy, prove that the AA is not be used to form a quota system in the American job market.

    Don't pretend that you have the right or the power to define what is true in my experience. To try to that discredits your character and credibility in this discussion. Until you can say and/ or prove something without the use degrading tactics, don't respond to me. I will not respond back if you pretend to have that authority. You have learned the liberal tactics of attack and lie to discredit those that don't share your view.

  8. #218
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    1.)Ok skippy, prove that the AA is not be used to form a quota system in the American job market.

    2.)Don't pretend that you have the right or the power to define what is true in my experience.
    3.)To try to that discredits your character and credibility in this discussion.
    4.) Until you can say and/ or prove something without the use degrading tactics, don't respond to me.
    5.) I will not respond back if you pretend to have that authority.
    6.)You have learned the liberal tactics of attack and lie to discredit those that don't share your view.
    1.) thats easy its not because AA/EO is against quotas and quotas are ILLEGAL, people found having quotas are prosecuted by law.

    In the United States, affirmative action refers to equal opportunity employment measures that Federal contractors and subcontractors are legally required to adopt. These measures are intended to prevent discrimination against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of "color, religion, sex, or national origin".

    Further impetus is a desire to ensure public institutions, such as universities, hospitals, and police forces, are more representative of the populations they serve. Affirmative action is a subject of controversy. Some policies adopted as (meaning not actually)affirmative action, such as racial quotas or gender quotas for collegiate admission, have been criticized as a form of reverse discrimination, and such implementation of affirmative action has been ruled unconstitutional by the majority opinion of Gratz v. Bollinger.
    there you go that was easy, fact win again

    2.) didnt do that so please stop with the strawmen
    I only said some of the things you posted are factually wrong and that is true
    3.) good thing it factually never happened so im good
    4.) already did FACTS prove your posts wrong and the definition of what AA/EE is proves your posts wrong.
    ALL THE COURT CASES prove your posts wrong
    5.) never did only presented the fact that prove your post wrong
    6.) another failed strawman and HUGELY hypocritical. You just posted lies and made up a story saying that i did something that i didnt then you turned around and did the same thing you accuse me of with your last line and grouping all liberal s together which im not one lol

    wow, facts prove you wrong, your posts prove my point and facts also show your posts are dishonest and hypocritical.

    also, i wasting giving you my opinion this is where you biggest mistake is, what we were discussion involves FACTS, rights and laws and thats not opinion and they all prove parts your posts factually wrong. Deflecting wont change this neither will running away, facts will be the same tomorrow as they are today and i accept your concession.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #219
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    As long as employees can fire their bosses, i'm ok with this.

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Gotcha...well, I suppose that does work out well for male bosses. There's nothing quite like backdoor prostitution.
    Ummmm...she can say 'no'.

    (and btw - women bosses sometimes exploit their underling's for sex/companionship)


    It's also called providing for her family. It's called allowing her the dignity of the job without the indignity of having to keep it by being sexually exploited. I find it amazing people are okay with someone being fired because they refuse to have sex with their boss.
    1) ex·ploit transitive verb \ik-ˈsplȯit, ˈek-ˌ\
    : to get value or use from (something)

    : to use (someone or something) in a way that helps you unfairly

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exploit

    If she did not have sex with him, then she was not sexually exploited - he 'only' attempted to sexually exploit her.

    Just sayin'.


    2) Which internationally respected, human rights organization (like the U.N.) states that a private employer owes ANYONE a job? Or is responsible for another's dignity through employment?

    The answer - to my knowledge - is none do.

    This pig of a boss does not owe this woman a job.

    If she does not like the terms of the job...then leave.
    Last edited by DA60; 01-26-14 at 03:13 AM.

Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •