View Poll Results: should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    75 52.45%
  • no

    68 47.55%
Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 626

Thread: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

  1. #201
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Its his company he should be able to hire and fire as he sees....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #202
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    please quote where i said a job is a right, ill wait . . . .

    oh thats right you cant cause you just made up and posted a lie

    and tell me that cool line about moron again?
    facts defeat and prove your post wrong again
    J, I gave up that kind of **** with you a longtime ago.

    You know, for a longtime I found you confusing. Then I finally remembered where I had met someone with almost exactly the same mentality and attitude you display. In fact it is so similar, I wouldn't be surprised that you were related. You wouldn't happen to be related to a $5 dollar whore that used to work in Pittsburgh would you?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #203
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    J, I gave up that kind of **** with you a longtime ago.

    You know, for a longtime I found you confusing. Then I finally remembered where I had met someone with almost exactly the same mentality and attitude you display. In fact it is so similar, I wouldn't be surprised that you were related. You wouldn't happen to be related to a $5 dollar whore that used to work in Pittsburgh would you?
    Translation: No agent J, i can not quote you saying a "job is a right" because i did in fact post a lie and you caught me, everybody sees it and the dishonesty of my posts



    yes i know this, thanks lol
    anyway do you have anything on topic, accurate and factual?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #204
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    343

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3 things

    1.) link? proof? he was just given the job just because he was black?

    2.) if true, by definition that FACTUALLY was NOT AA/EO and if you can prove that happened it thats a crime and you know what makes it a crime? AA/EO lol

    3.) also nothing in your story was aided and abetted by AA/EO. AA/EO is a policy that actually tries to prevent the story you told

    thank you for proving my point though that many people dont know what AA/EO is and they simply assume things
    I will put it this simply. EVERY place I have worked in the past 30 years of my career uses the AA law to make quotas and discriminate against more qualified people.

    Another true story... I was the Support Services Coordinator for Sacred Heart Medical Center. I supervised housekeeping and food services. There was this one black woman who I repeatedly caught smoking in the kitchen. I had her written up and everything. But I couldn't fire her because she was black. Then the supervisor position came open. I advertised and was ready to hire a trained chef to run the kitchen. This woman accused me of racism and the Human Resources dept. used AA to force me to hire her into that position. Yes, an unqualified person in the position, because she was black. Don't give me the BS that the AA isn't used across the board to force reverse discrimination.

    There are no links to these accounts. These are from MY real history. I have no reason to lie. But I know you will claim I am because you have an agenda.

  5. #205
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    343

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    I have to say this is not uncommon, there were firefighter that had more experience that were not promoted in favor of diversity, this was challenged and the white firefighters won the case. It's called reverse discrimination. Sadly discrimination remains in our society by all ethic groups. And worse yet, there are some that want to perpetuate racism to keep it alive that continuously claim racism the cause when it is not.
    I agree! The only reason my Dad couldn't win is because he was ona man, not a group. It takes a lot of proof to substantiate a claim.

  6. #206
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    1.)I will put it this simply. EVERY place I have worked in the past 30 years of my career uses the AA law to make quotas and discriminate against more qualified people.

    2.)Another true story... I was the Support Services Coordinator for Sacred Heart Medical Center. I supervised housekeeping and food services. There was this one black woman who I repeatedly caught smoking in the kitchen. I had her written up and everything. But I couldn't fire her because she was black.
    3.)Then the supervisor position came open. I advertised and was ready to hire a trained chef to run the kitchen. This woman accused me of racism and the Human Resources dept. used AA to force me to hire her into that position. Yes, an unqualified person in the position, because she was black.

    4.)Don't give me the BS that the AA isn't used across the board to force reverse discrimination.

    5.) There are no links to these accounts. These are from MY real history. I have no reason to lie. But I know you will claim I am because you have an agenda.
    1.) link, proof?
    and if they do they are breaking the law and factually NOT using AA. This fact will not change.
    what do you do

    2.) link, proof?
    if she was truly breaking the rules why couldnt you fire her?

    3.) link, proof?
    if true your HR dept is full of retards and criminal because they broke the law and they dont know what AA/EO is

    4.) nope, its factually not because by definition it cant be done using AA, this fact will never change.
    IF discrimination is being practiced thats against the law

    5.) dont know if you are lying or not, doesnt matter because some of the things you are saying ar simply factually not true.

    thank you again for proving my point though that many people dont know what AA/EO is and they simply assume things
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #207
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    I agree! The only reason my Dad couldn't win is because he was ona man, not a group. It takes a lot of proof to substantiate a claim.
    so you admit he had no proof? he guessed like you did.

    WHen laws are broken penalties are paid like in the example you quoted

    and why was the law broken in that example, because AA/EO was broken and NOT followed.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #208
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,985

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    You are aware of the motivations, yet you cannot point them out in this thread? Do they seek profit or seek sex?
    As I said to you before:

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I'm not sure where you are going with this, but companies are run by people and people care about themselves. They care about their wants and their desires before anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Let me put this yet one more way.
    There's only one way I want to see you put it. It's a pretty simple question.

    Do you support the idea of employers being able to fire an employee for refusing sex? A simple yes or no answer would satisfy me.

    We cannot anticipate the potential ugly side of "freedom."
    Of course we can. I just did, in fact. And giving employers total power of hiring and firing is not freedom, it's simply transferring power from employee to employer. I already addressed this earlier in the thread, but I can direct you to the post if you'd like.

    But that doesn't make hold back support of a "freedom" because I think somebody may act like an idiot and do something as abhorrent as fire an employee because they won't have sex with them.
    But you're okay with a woman being fired if she refuses, correct?

    But why do you keep harping on sex? I'm curious as to your fixation there. Why does it matter?
    Because refusing sex is a moral decision. We already established you would prohibit an employer from being able to fire an employee for refusing to do something illegal. So now we're onto a moral discussion and there are very few things more offensive than an employer wielding sex as a form of control. At least, that's how I feel, you seem to feel differently.

    What if the employer didn't think that your lack of religion was morally sound and fired you because he disagreed with your lack of faith? Or what if your appearance was not to his liking, maybe you had too big of a butt for his personal liking so he fires you?
    Uhh, I'm not the one who is advocating for complete and uninhibited power for the employer in regards to hiring and firing. You are.

    But NOBODY has a RIGHT to my money as an employer unless they earn it. And I should be able to decide who I want to employ and retain.
    Ooh, you bolded AND italicized this...now you mean business....

    So tell me, how far do you believe the freedom principle carries? For example, if I walk into your restaurant and eat your food, but decide your food tasted bad, can I just walk out without paying for it (or paying what I feel it's worth)? After all, you didn't earn my money, you provided me with a lousy meal. And I assume I'm right in believing you are completely okay with me telling everyone I know you served me food with maggots in it...after all, you believe in total freedom of speech, so a lie which costs you money shouldn't bother you at all.

    So how far does freedom extend?
    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Morally...no.

    Legally...fine.

    He is the boss of a private company. As I said, he should be able to fire any employee for ANY reason.
    Gotcha...well, I suppose that does work out well for male bosses. There's nothing quite like backdoor prostitution.

    And what if she is fired? She gets another job.

    She can't find one - the government welfare system keeps her alive and housed and healthy until she does...it's not like she will drop dead if she gets fired.

    Besides, why would she want to work for a guy who she does not sexually desire that keeps coming on to her? Me - I'd quit...it's called 'pride'.
    It's also called providing for her family. It's called allowing her the dignity of the job without the indignity of having to keep it by being sexually exploited. I find it amazing people are okay with someone being fired because they refuse to have sex with their boss.

  9. #209
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    343

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) link, proof?
    and if they do they are breaking the law and factually NOT using AA. This fact will not change.
    what do you do

    2.) link, proof?
    if she was truly breaking the rules why couldnt you fire her?

    3.) link, proof?
    if true your HR dept is full of retards and criminal because they broke the law and they dont know what AA/EO is

    4.) nope, its factually not because by definition it cant be done using AA, this fact will never change.
    IF discrimination is being practiced thats against the law

    5.) dont know if you are lying or not, doesnt matter because some of the things you are saying ar simply factually not true.

    thank you again for proving my point though that many people dont know what AA/EO is and they simply assume things

    I haven't proved your point at all. The accounts are real accounts from my career. There are no links to these accounts. The hospital I worked at was in 1989 and the account of my father was in the 1980's as well. As far as today, I know that EVERY job I have EVER worked abides by some kind of quota system forced on them. They all make decisions based on the color of skin, or gender. In fact, another account... I used to work for a retail chain as a store manager. I applied for a "market engineering position. After all the interviews that person who was doing the hiring called me aside to talk to me. He said "I want you for the position, but the higher ups want a woman because they don't have enough women in higher positions and they don't want to be accused of discrimination". I hear what you are saying, but the actions in the real world tell a different story.

  10. #210
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It's also called providing for her family. It's called allowing her the dignity of the job without the indignity of having to keep it by being sexually exploited. I find it amazing people are okay with someone being fired because they refuse to have sex with their boss.
    its disgusting and just shows how little people care about peoples rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •