View Poll Results: should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    75 52.45%
  • no

    68 47.55%
Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 626

Thread: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish[W:126]

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) correct just like rape it not and its also not what is going on, this is why your strawman question COMPLETELY failed and lost to facts
    2.) no she doesnt like us all she cant be illegal discriminated against, see now you are learning the FACTS
    3.) nope see above your strawman fails again
    4.) has nothing to do with agreeing or disagree, your opinion nor mine matters to facts and facts prove you wrong.
    5.) our minds dont matter see #4 facts prove you wrong but you are free to believe what ever wrong thing you like
    6.) i accept your concession to facts and you have a good day too.
    Okay, fair enough. Rape is not in the Constitution, neither is job discrimination. My point does not hold up on that part.

    It changes nothing for me.

    I do not believe the state has any business telling a private employer who they can fire or hire...and I don't even begin to care what the law says...there are TONS of bad laws...and this is one if them.

    You don't agree...so be it.

    Btw - I do not think it is a decent thing to do to fire a pregnant woman...but I still think it is none of the state's business...at all.

    Since our minds are clearly closed on the matter we are done here for now as further discussion would be useless.

    Good day.
    Last edited by DA60; 01-24-14 at 04:30 PM.

  2. #132
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    1.)Okay, fair enough. Rape is not in the Constitution, neither is job discrimination. My point does not hold up on that part.
    2.)It changes nothing for me.
    3.)I do not believe the state has any business telling a private employer who they can fire or hire...and I don't even begin to care what the law says...there are TONS of bad laws...and this is one if them.
    4.)You don't agree...so be it.
    5.)Btw - I do not think it is a decent thing to do to fire a pregnant woman...
    6.) but I still think it is none of the state's business...at all.
    7.)Since our minds are clearly closed on the matter we are done here for now as further discussion would be useless.

    Good day.
    1.) correct facts defeated it
    2.) im not trying to change you, you are free to believe what ever fallacy you want, ill stick with facts
    3.) you are free to have that OPINION and i AGREE that there are tons of bad laws
    I dont agree anti-discrimination laws are among them since they factually protect ALL of out rights, this is what government is supposed to do. You havent even provided any justification why protecting our rights is bad.
    4.) not true, its not that cut and dry
    i agree with you opinion there are lots of bad laws, facts make this about protecting rights and i disagree that you think the government shouldnt protect our rights
    5.) i didnt think you did and i apologize if you thought that or anything i said came off that way has that was no my intent
    6.) why dont you like the government protecting our rights, if they dont do it who will/should?
    7.) my mind is always open where there are OPINIONS to be discussed in some places you are simply denying facts and thats not my issues but yours to figure out. You need to explain why its bad for government to protect our rights
    8.) i again accept
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) correct facts defeated it
    2.) im not trying to change you, you are free to believe what ever fallacy you want, ill stick with facts
    3.) you are free to have that OPINION and i AGREE that there are tons of bad laws
    I dont agree anti-discrimination laws are among them since they factually protect ALL of out rights, this is what government is supposed to do. You havent even provided any justification why protecting our rights is bad.
    4.) not true, its not that cut and dry
    i agree with you opinion there are lots of bad laws, facts make this about protecting rights and i disagree that you think the government shouldnt protect our rights
    5.) i didnt think you did and i apologize if you thought that or anything i said came off that way has that was no my intent
    6.) why dont you like the government protecting our rights, if they dont do it who will/should?
    7.) my mind is always open where there are OPINIONS to be discussed in some places you are simply denying facts and thats not my issues but yours to figure out. You need to explain why its bad for government to protect our rights
    8.) i again accept
    Where exactly did I say the highlighted part?

  4. #134
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Where exactly did I say the highlighted part?
    well thats easy

    you said discrimination laws are bad, but the fact is discrimination laws protect our rights

    you said you dont support firing a lady just because she is pregnant but if a company does, you still think it is none of the state's business...at all.
    But the fact is its only the states business because they are protecting rights.

    so what else could your statements mean?so did i miss something?

    did you not mean what you said and need to add to it?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #135
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,513
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    I voted yes on the principle that if an person is not allowed the liberty to use his/her resources to his own advantage, as long as that does not infringe on anybody else's rights, then there is no liberty at all. There is no way to write an equitable or practical law that says yes UNLESS...yadda yadda. And there is no way to write a law that would protect both the employer and employee if the employer's changed situation made it difficult, impractical, or impossible to keep an employee on the payroll.

    That does not include the ethics or morality of an issue. If an employee wants a job from which he/she cannot be fired without specific cause, he/she should sign a contract with the employer that states that. Otherwise it is the employer's money, resources, risk and he should be in control of who works for him/her.

    And from a practical standpoint, all other things being equal, when the choice to fire somebody is between the pregnant woman and the equally qualified employee who won't need 12 weeks leave of absence, it really does make sense to let the pregnant woman go.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well thats easy

    you said discrimination laws are bad, but the fact is discrimination laws protect our rights

    you said you dont support firing a lady just because she is pregnant but if a company does, you still think it is none of the state's business...at all.
    But the fact is its only the states business because they are protecting rights.

    so what else could your statements mean?so did i miss something?

    did you not mean what you said and need to add to it?
    Where did I say the highlighted part?

    Answer - I did not.

    Saying one discrimination law is bad is NOT saying 'discrimination laws are bad'. I imagine some are good.

    And I did not say - or even think - that the government should never protect our rights - which your statement suggested.

    I have a pet peeve...and that is misrepresenting what I say/putting words in my mouth.

    That is two ideas you stated - in a matter-of-fact manner - that I said that I have never even thought.

    I realize that you believe you are just looking out for these women.

    But misrepresenting others words/thoughts does not further your cause.


    Look, I do not believe the government has any business telling private companies who they can and cannot fire. I believe to do so sends things down a slippery slope. It is NOTHING to do with facts...it is an opinion. A belief I have.
    You do not share that opinion/belief.

    And I do not personally believe either you or I can be convinced otherwise anytime soon.

    And I am not going to debate with you when you continue to put words in my mouth that I never said.

    We are done here and I will not respond to anymore of your posts directed towards me on this subject...at least for the time being.


    Good day.


    Btw - I do have respect for you otherwise...just please in the future do not put words in my mouth or misrepresent my words.

  7. #137
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    1.)Where did I say the highlighted part?
    2.)Answer - I did not.
    3.)Saying one discrimination law is bad is NOT saying 'discrimination laws are bad'. I imagine some are good.
    4.)And I did not say - or even think - that the government should never protect our rights - which your statement suggested.
    5.)I have a pet peeve...and that is misrepresenting what I say/putting words in my mouth.
    6.)That is two ideas you stated - in a matter-of-fact manner - that I said that I have never even thought.
    7.)I realize that you believe you are just looking out for these women.
    8.)But misrepresenting others words/thoughts does not further your cause.
    9.)Look, I do not believe the government has any business telling private companies who they can and cannot fire.
    10. I believe to do so sends things down a slippery slope.
    11.) It is NOTHING to do with facts...it is an opinion. A belief I have.
    12.)You do not share that opinion/belief.
    13.)And I do not personally believe either you or I can be convinced otherwise anytime soon.
    14.)And I am not going to debate with you when you continue to put words in my mouth that I never said.
    15.)We are done here and I will not respond to anymore of your posts directed towards me on this subject...at least for the time being.
    16.)
    Good day.


    Btw - I do have respect for you otherwise...just please in the future do not put words in my mouth or misrepresent my words.
    1.) thats easy, ill qoute you

    you said it right here:
    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I do not believe the state has any business telling a private employer who they can fire or hire...and I don't even begin to care what the law says...there are TONS of bad laws...and this is one if them.
    since we are talking about anti-discrimination laws this is you saying they are bad

    2.) false i just factually proved you did in number #2
    3.) oh so NOW you are trying to back pedal and say you only meant the anti-discrimination laws referring to pregnant women but the other "might" be good even thought they work the EXACT same way. Interesting you are going to have to explain this since that is NOT what you said and doesnt seem to make any sense
    4.) again so then you just think THIS right doesnt need protected but the others should? again you are going to have to explain because thats not what you said nor does it make sense, why does THIS right not need protected?
    5.) good thing i didnt do that and i just wnet by what you said, seems youll have to say what you actually mean next time instead od what you posted.
    6.) it good that you are now adding to what you said but that doesnt change what you already said, like 3 and 4 say, if you would like to clarify what you already said and add to it, please do this would help, i cant read your mind i can only go by what you write.
    7.) then you would be wrong again, it has nothing to do with my beliefs, the government is protecting their rights just like they protect mine and i agree with the government do that. THey dont need me to do anythign lol
    8.) again good thing i didnt do this i only wen by what YOU said, you are free to add and explain your words but nothing was misrepresented.9.) 9.) correct i get that
    which means you dont not believe the government should protect workers rights or have anti-discrimination laws like i already said and which you are doubling down on. You can SEPARATE them its what they are doing.
    10.) how often do slipper slope arguments ever work
    11.) yes i agree its just your OPINION but facts say otherwise
    12.) no i stick with facts
    13.) no i will not ignore facts but you are free to do so all you want
    14.) well its a good thing that never happened as was factually proved above
    15.) wont change the fact as proven above that you dont like government protecting rights and anti-discrimination laws and you think its bad in this case
    16.) good day
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #138
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Btw - I do have respect for you otherwise...just please in the future do not put words in my mouth or misrepresent my words.
    hmm dont know if you added this late but i missed it and i didnt want it to go unacknowledged.
    NOTHING on my end is meant as any disrespect either and i only went by what you said
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    Btw - I do have respect for you otherwise...just please in the future do not put words in my mouth or misrepresent my words.
    Good luck with that as that is his debate style, instead of reading what was posted he will inject his on thoughts which have nothing to do with the actual post.

  10. #140
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Should employers have the freedom to hire/fire for any reason they wish

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I like the way you've amended your position, but asking an employee for sex is not against the law. If your daughter's boss asks her to have sex and she turns him down because he's a creepy old man, you're okay with your daughter losing her job and no longer being able to provide for her family?

    I understand the desire to remove problems for an employer, but the problem is how power is so often used inappropriately. Those who complain about government interference don't seem to understand government interference usually occurs because someone abused the lack of regulation.
    Firing and employee for not having sex with you is in fact against the law.

    Sexual Harassment
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •