View Poll Results: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would vote/endorse him.

    5 17.24%
  • Not sure. I'd consider it.

    8 27.59%
  • No way, no how.

    16 55.17%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend who is running for public office if you vehemently disagree with them politically?

    I have a friend who is running for county supervisor. He's a great guy, and honestly cares, but is also the type of extreme political partisan train wreck politically that I think is exactly what is wrong with the country. As much as I like the guy personally, I cannot endorse him, let alone vote for him.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend who is running for public office if you vehemently disagree with them politically?

    I have a friend who is running for county supervisor. He's a great guy, and honestly cares, but is also the type of extreme political partisan train wreck politically that I think is exactly what is wrong with the country. As much as I like the guy personally, I cannot endorse him, let alone vote for him.
    Then don't. I don't see the problem. Do you perceive your friendship as dependent on voting for him?
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    if i vehemently opposed the platform, no, i wouldn't endorse. i would remain friends, however. i wouldn't expect that friend to support my campaign, either.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    Don't and say you did

  5. #5
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    Not a chance in hell. Actually, I don't really have any friends like that. Most of them are like me, centrists, or slightly right of center, fiscal conservatives and very socially liberal. My sister however would totally fit the bill. She is so far left, I'm expecting her to fall off the edge any day now. I love her to death, but there is no way I would ever endorse someone with her extreme left wing political views.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #6
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend who is running for public office if you vehemently disagree with them politically?

    I have a friend who is running for county supervisor. He's a great guy, and honestly cares, but is also the type of extreme political partisan train wreck politically that I think is exactly what is wrong with the country. As much as I like the guy personally, I cannot endorse him, let alone vote for him.
    uhm . . no, of course not
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #7
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    Re: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    I prefer to be obscure publicly. That's why I would vote "Not sure" on this thread, because it does that more than the others.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #8
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    Re: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Don't and say you did
    I like this answer as well.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #9
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Then don't. I don't see the problem. Do you perceive your friendship as dependent on voting for him?
    Did you misunderstand the question? Yes, apparently you did. I was not seeking advice or guidance. I stated my conclusion clearly. The question is seeking how others might react in a similar situation.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #10
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Would you vote for, or endorse, a personal friend...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Did you misunderstand the question? Yes, apparently you did. I was not seeking advice or guidance. I stated my conclusion clearly. The question is seeking how others might react in a similar situation.
    Apparently I did.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •