A proposed resolution to fix what ails us:
WHEREAS the United States was conceived as a government of the people, by the people, and for the people; and
WHEREAS self-serving politicians and bureaucrats have appropriated the people's government and resources to manipulate, control, and bribe the people while they increase their own power, prestige, influence, and personal wealth; and
WHEREAS unlimited power and resources is a liberty destroying and corrupting force for those in government and also for many beneficiaries of government benevolence, policy, and practice; and
WHEREAS the system has become too broken to remedy through the electoral process, term limits, or piecemeal policy reforms,
That the broken U.S. government be repaired by returning it to its Constitutional roots with an iron clad law or preferably a Constitutional Amendment containing the following:
1. The U.S. President, Congress, or any other person in the federal government is prohibited from using the public treasury to benefit any person, group, entity, or demographic that does not benefit all regardless of political affiliations or socioeconomic standing.
2. As quickly as it can be done without breaking faith with those made dependent on the programs, all existing federal entitlement programs will be transferred to the states who will administer them or disband them as the people of those states see fit.
3. The federal government will not obligate future Congresses with any new entitlement program.
4. The U.S. President and Congress will pass no law, policy, or requirement that should not apply equally to the President, Congress, members of the Court, all cabinet and staff members, and every other person in government.
5. The U.S. President and Congress and every other person in the federal government will fund their own healthcare and any retirement account from their wages or other personal resources and the government will not continue to fund these when a person leaves office or government employment.
6. The U.S. government will replace its current baseline budgeting system with a zero based budgeting system and all funded programs will be subject to routine independent audit to verify that all government funds are expended competently and appropriately.
7. Except in extreme national emergency, all federal government contracts will be let as equitably as possible among the various states, all government installations will be distributed as equitably as possible among the various states, and all government contracts will be put out for bid and will go to the qualified bidder offering the lowest bid. Bidders will not be required to be union shops or conform to union wages.
8. The courts will be restricted to interpreting existing law and will be prohibited from adding to or writing or ordering any law that has not been properly passed by an appropriate legislative body.
CONCLUSION: By this means we will remove means for corruption from the government process, will eliminate the profit to professional politicians and bureaucrats so that public servants interested in providing good government will again seek those offices, will restore the liberty to government ourselves, will remove incentive for excessive campaign contributions as those contributions would no longer buy anybody benefits or special favors, and the people will again govern themselves within the various states as the Founders intended they do.