View Poll Results: Should the age of consent be lowered to 13 y.o. when a boy wants sex with a woman?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 16.13%
  • No

    52 83.87%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 176

Thread: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    However, logically that adult would also be equipped with knowledges the 13yo doesn't have regarding safe sex. So the adult (man or woman) turns down the 13yo (boy or girl) and who conversely convinces a 12yo to have sex with him/her instead and now there's a baby on the way, though I guess you might be right that the probability of an STD would go down IF both teens were still virginal. Doesn't really make any better sense when looked at in the long run of possible consequences.


    Too much "what if".

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #82
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Too much "what if".
    Oh really as if yours isn't full of what ifs. Pullleeeaaase.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  3. #83
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    So I'm chicken for not wanting my 13yo son to hook up with a 16yo girl who might have taken him off into the bushes for something he wasn't ready for?

    Dude, seriously... what could go wrong? Well there is:

    STD's
    Unwanted pregnancy
    A wide variety of issues that can arise from becoming sexualized too young...


    I'd of been a bad father if I hadn't stepped in and stopped that.
    Some psychological studies have tied in intimacy issues and sexual addictions to early sexualization of youths. IOW, a kid exposed to porn at an early age, or not taught a few basics and experiments at a very young age, sexual abuse by an adult, etc. leads to future problems not only in sex addiction, but forming healthy relationships.

    Some other studies have suggested that drug abuse can stem from early regrets in sexual encounters by adolescents and many porn models have claimed early sexual abuse when they were younger. It's not as simple as just the act, that's for sure, while it wouldn't be "as bad" if the age were somewhat close, I am certain that a large age gap and an adolescent can lead to many problems, one of which would be later trust issues.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #84
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  5. #85
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    A 13-year-old's brain is soft-boiled. It's not fully cooked. Sex between an adult and a 13-year-old child isn't merely demonized. It's pedophilia.
    I'm talking to a great girl right now who has a daughter. I've spoken with her about the future, if I were to adopt the little girl later on down the road and pretty much I would raise her the way I would raise my own child, dating would be addressed solidly and there are certain rules that would have to be followed, I would want to set the little girl up for a successful dating life and that includes not dating an older person(+say, 3 years) until she is an adult and capable of better decisions, I want her to understand the consequences of dating, sex, and everything that comes with it, and most of all to DEMAND respect from whoever she goes out with.

    If I ever have a son, he won't get a pass. He would be expected to be a gentleman at all times, give respect and demand it, and make the right decisions where sex is concerned, not push for it, and definitely not treat it like a game.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    I wonder what the definition of an "adult woman" is?

    17,18,21,25 etc..

    17 is a goofy age considering that is the age of consent (at least here in Illinois) so in practice a 17-year-old could screw a 14-year-old, then turn around and screw a 65-year-old pervert and it would all be legal.

    As far as the topic with 14-year-old boys.... I don't think too many fathers (at least) would get upset if their 14-year-old got a little older tail just as long as it wasn't some woman in her late 30's+.

    When I was 14 I had a few encounters with "older chicks" (meaning 17,18,19 lol)....My parents really didn't care... I suppose my mom did a little, but my dad was just like "who gives a **** hes a young man."

    I will say there is a double standard here for girls tho....

    No parent wants their 14-year-old daughter screwing around with anyone - let alone a guy who could be considered an adult but still a teen.

    I usually stick to the 5-year rule (well now it's 7 years now that I'm a bit older) so 26 is the "youngest Ill go for (yeah that rule is broken often) and 40 is the oldest (yeah that rule has been broken too lol)....

    IDK...
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 01-18-14 at 04:56 PM.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Only if it is also for girls since we all know that girls at that age are actually more mature. The only difference sexually is the social reaction to them having sex. For a boy, he's a stud, for a girl, she's a worthless slut. Lower the age for both and quit demonizing consensual sex.
    It is also that the girl brings home the baby and the boy doesn't.

  8. #88
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Many states have very complicated age-related laws when it comes to pedophilia. A 13-year-old who has sex with a 14-year-old is a very different kettle of fish than a 13-year-old having sex with a 40-year-old. I see the sense in that. You don't?
    It's a complicated issue. Within the teenage years there is quite a gap in development between a 13y.o. and an 18y.o.

    Someone over age of majority has a bit more experience in life and can better(IMO) handle things like sex whereas a teenager who is still chock full of hormones without any kind of life experience to balance it out is more prone to bad decisions where sex is concerned and the consequences are likely to be worse. Age gaps after 18 are IMO more natural, like a 25 year old dating a 20 year old, at least in that respect there is more of a "peer group" to that age(like a college sophomore dating a graduate student for example).
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #89
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Because adults have far more coercive power. Why can't a student have sex with their teacher? Because the teacher has control over their education and grades. Most kids obey adults as a general rule. They have to. They don't have control over anything themselves. They can't house themselves, clothe themselves, feed themselves. They are dependent on adults. And it is extreme naive to think that only parents exert that kind of control over kids. Every adult does. And allowing adults to use that power to leverage sex from minors... that makes room for far too much abuse.
    Agreed. In fact, just about every university writes into educator behavioral codes that it is against policy to date underclassmen, the reason being that the professor has stature on campus and can affect grades, the professor doesn't even have to have that person as a student, the argument is that they could influence peers through "professional courtesy" to unduly influence grades or other educational factors like group membership, awards, etc.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Which is why I've said, in my PERSONAL view I don't think it is "rape" per se.

    But I still think it should be illegal, with some kind of penalty, because 12-15yo's lack the mental, emotional, social and fiscal responsibility to deal with sex and its possible consequences, and the adult should know that and back off.
    There doesn't appear to be any sort of harm inflicted then. All that is left of your argument is a social agenda with not much behind it.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •