View Poll Results: Should the age of consent be lowered to 13 y.o. when a boy wants sex with a woman?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 16.13%
  • No

    52 83.87%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    No harm? Seriously? Dude, read a bit.
    You described a lack of understanding of what they were getting themselves into, not a harm that was inflicted on them against their will. Your argument is just social agenda nonsense.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,441

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I dunno, I kept my son from having sex in his early teens, so I didn't worry about it.


    (and have been criticized by some for that in this thread... )
    I think that is extremely smart.

    it is hard enough to concentrate on studying in school without all the sex stuff thrown into that.

    Unfortunately not enough girls parents teach them that.

  3. #103
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I see people using this thread to ask for acceptance of childish irresponsibility...
    I can see where you'd think that, but the problem is... teens are having sex whether it's childish or not, so the question seems to be intended to be whether we should allow it to be legal regardless. The idea that because we know that teens aren't ready to be full adults doesn't seem to address the idea that sexually they are most likely going to participate before they will be legally adult enough to be considered able to decide. It's such a weird thing to totally ignore reality of puberty and pretend it's not going to happen because it shouldn't happen.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    It is also that the girl brings home the baby and the boy doesn't.
    Anyone remember that case back in the mid 90's where that teacher screwed her then 12-year-old student, had his baby then went to prison for like 10 years??? well when she got out the kid (she raped/molested) was in his 20's and now they have a family...

    Pretty twisted stuff right there.... Especially when your son is 12 years younger than you are lol. Imagine being 33 and your son is 21 lol...."son go out and get daddy some beer lol"

  5. #105
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,441

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Anyone remember that case back in the mid 90's where that teacher screwed her then 12-year-old student, had his baby then went to prison for like 10 years??? well when she got out the kid (she raped/molested) was in his 20's and now they have a family...

    Pretty twisted stuff right there.... Especially when your son is 12 years younger than you are lol. Imagine being 33 and your son is 21 lol...."son go out and get daddy some beer lol"
    Yes I remember the case.

    The kid waited for her to get out then got back with her. There must have been something strong between them before for him to wait all that time and then make a life with her.

  6. #106
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You described a lack of understanding of what they were getting themselves into, not a harm that was inflicted on them against their will. Your argument is just social agenda nonsense.

    I don't have time for this, really. Here's a short list of consequences they are ill-prepared for:


    STDs
    Pregnancy
    Intimacy issues from too-early sexuality (there are studies, look em up)
    Imbalance of power issues from sexual relationship with an adult
    and so on...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #107
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,237

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I can see where you'd think that, but the problem is... teens are having sex whether it's childish or not, so the question seems to be intended to be whether we should allow it to be legal regardless. The idea that because we know that teens aren't ready to be full adults doesn't seem to address the idea that sexually they are most likely going to participate before they will be legally adult enough to be considered able to decide. It's such a weird thing to totally ignore reality of puberty and pretend it's not going to happen because it shouldn't happen.
    Make it their right to choose, and you will make all the pedophiles in the world happy. You will be telling them it's OK to get knocked up and drain more revenue.

    Should I go on?

    What about the extra numbers of 13 year old fathers that will be paying child support for twice as ling as they are already old? Do you really want those numbers to increase?

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I don't have time for this, really. Here's a short list of consequences they are ill-prepared for:


    STDs
    Pregnancy
    Intimacy issues from too-early sexuality (there are studies, look em up)
    Imbalance of power issues from sexual relationship with an adult
    and so on...
    And none of those were forced on them. Your argument is still pretty poor to warrant government action.

  9. #109
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I fail to understand how it wouldn't be obvious to everyone.



    That's your problem and I'm not going to waste my time thinking about it.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,237

    Re: Should 13 y.o. boys be allowed to consent to hetero-sex w/adult women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    And none of those were forced on them. Your argument is still pretty poor to warrant government action.
    How about we eliminate government assistance to those who make the poor choices that makes them needy, then I'm OK with letting people do as they want, because it doesn't affect me any longer.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •