View Poll Results: Should 13 be the legal age of full adult/rights & do you think its equal to 18yrs old

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes of course no doubt

    1 1.30%
  • yes with some concern

    1 1.30%
  • no but maybe 16

    8 10.39%
  • no thats insane

    59 76.62%
  • other

    8 10.39%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 176

Thread: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

  1. #81
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) then please proceed
    2.) I would glaldly read it
    3.) no,you factually have not, not once


    the question/request was this:

    Please provide FACTS and or SUPPORTABLE logic to back up your claims that 13yrs olds should be treated as adults and are equal to 18yr olds.

    I look forward to reading it
    My supportable logic is this. 13 most are able to reproduce correct? Yes we have developed onto a society that coddles and encourages even child behavior well into our 20s. that's crap IMO. How come 200 years ago 10 11 13 was good enough to make this country great and support it, but now it's taboo? cause some educated expert says that's the way it should be? Society has really eaten up this notion that even 18 year old cant take care of themselves let alone 13. I will argue society is ass backwards. 13 is just as capable as 18 of supporting and making decisions, if brought up that you fend for yourself, not relying on others. Laws should also support this.
    As far as facts, really can't find any, it's all my own personal rationale. why do I really need scientific proof of jack diddly to say a 13 year old can do everything an 18 year old can just as efficiently and effectively if given the proper tools, rather then being treated like little babies.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,750

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    My supportable logic is this. 13 most are able to reproduce correct? Yes we have developed onto a society that coddles and encourages even child behavior well into our 20s. that's crap IMO. How come 200 years ago 10 11 13 was good enough to make this country great and support it, but now it's taboo? cause some educated expert says that's the way it should be? Society has really eaten up this notion that even 18 year old cant take care of themselves let alone 13. I will argue society is ass backwards. 13 is just as capable as 18 of supporting and making decisions, if brought up that you fend for yourself, not relying on others. Laws should also support this.
    As far as facts, really can't find any, it's all my own personal rationale. why do I really need scientific proof of jack diddly to say a 13 year old can do everything an 18 year old can just as efficiently and effectively if given the proper tools, rather then being treated like little babies.
    The ability to reproduce means nothing. An amoeba can reproduce...do you want them driving?

    An 8 yr old can do everything an 18 yr old can do just as efficiently and effectively if given...blah blah blah.

    You dont come here to 'learn.' I posted several links in the other thread on *adolescent brain development* which you seem to have ignored because you learned nothing......those have nothing to do with reproduction or physical tasks....but they affect ALL behavior and judgement. Not to mention the hormonal changes during those middle teen years, yowza!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,750

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    delete

    duplicate due to server maint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #84
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,783

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    1.) My supportable logic is this. 13 most are able to reproduce correct? Yes
    2.) we have developed onto a society that coddles and encourages even child behavior well into our 20s.
    3.) that's crap IMO.
    4.) How come 200 years ago 10 11 13 was good enough to make this country great and support it, but now it's taboo?
    5.) cause some educated expert says that's the way it should be?
    6.) Society has really eaten up this notion that even 18 year old cant take care of themselves let alone 13.
    7.) I will argue society is ass backwards.
    8.) 13 is just as capable as 18 of supporting and making decisions, if brought up that you fend for yourself, not relying on others.
    9.)Laws should also support this.
    10.) As far as facts, really can't find any, it's all my own personal rationale.
    11.) why do I really need scientific proof of jack diddly to say a 13 year old can do everything an 18 year old can just as efficiently and effectively if given the proper tools, rather then being treated like little babies.
    1.) reproduction is 100% meaningless to legal adulthood and ability to operate solo in our society
    2.) some people do this but again this doesnt make a 13yr old equal to an 18 year old
    3.) yes just your opinion that cant be backed up by anything logical or factual so far
    4.) Wth? 200 years ago 10yrs olds made america great? false
    5.) no because facts, history, education and science made it so and did so before that also
    6.) some cant but they should be capable unlike a 13yr old, but again this does nothing to the absurd claim of 14 is the same as 18
    7.) you keep saying stuff like this but not actually presenting any argument could you start please
    8.) yet no evidence, facts or supportable logic support this claim
    9.) no they absolutely should not ever and thankfully it will never happen because people are too smart and educated to make that mistake
    10.) correct, why because there arent any and its a rational that cant be supported by any logic or facts
    11.) because facts, history, reality, experience and logic all say otherwise

    so we are back to square one but at least you admit you have ZERO facts and logic to support your claim just like i said.

    also before you never answered my questions, were you an orphan or abused as a child? and now i have a 3rd one, how old are you?
    and again these questions are to try and establish logic for your claims since there currently isnt any
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #85
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,750

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    oh really now, why? cause you said so? cause the law says so? makes me giggle
    We have seen you back up 'your opinion' with exactly that....nothing more than '[be]cause you said so.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #86
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    oh really now, why? cause you said so? cause the law says so? makes me giggle
    Because SCIENCE and COMMON SENSE says so.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #87
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,750

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    No. Our society is doing everything possible to prevent kids from "growing up too fast". The result of that misguided attitude is that mental adolescence has now been extended well into the 20s and, if anything, the legal adult age should be raised not lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    and that is exactly what i am fighting against
    How?


    ..........................
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,750

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I googled "13 year old" and this is the image that popped up. You guys really think this kid ought to be walking around downtown with a beer and a pack of smokes? Get real people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    You get real. a pancake with a number 13 proves what?
    It's a pumpkin pie, not a pancake.

    It proves:

    a) his birthday is on Thanksgiving

    b) you are drunk posting and cant recognize that pancakes dont have crusts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #89
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    The ability to reproduce means nothing. An amoeba can reproduce...do you want them driving?

    An 8 yr old can do everything an 18 yr old can do just as efficiently and effectively if given...blah blah blah.

    You dont come here to 'learn.' I posted several links in the other thread on *adolescent brain development* which you seem to have ignored because you learned nothing......those have nothing to do with reproduction or physical tasks....but they affect ALL behavior and judgement. Not to mention the hormonal changes during those middle teen years, yowza!
    thanks for your input

  10. #90
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) reproduction is 100% meaningless to legal adulthood and ability to operate solo in our society
    2.) some people do this but again this doesnt make a 13yr old equal to an 18 year old
    3.) yes just your opinion that cant be backed up by anything logical or factual so far
    4.) Wth? 200 years ago 10yrs olds made america great? false
    5.) no because facts, history, education and science made it so and did so before that also
    6.) some cant but they should be capable unlike a 13yr old, but again this does nothing to the absurd claim of 14 is the same as 18
    7.) you keep saying stuff like this but not actually presenting any argument could you start please
    8.) yet no evidence, facts or supportable logic support this claim
    9.) no they absolutely should not ever and thankfully it will never happen because people are too smart and educated to make that mistake
    10.) correct, why because there arent any and its a rational that cant be supported by any logic or facts
    11.) because facts, history, reality, experience and logic all say otherwise

    so we are back to square one but at least you admit you have ZERO facts and logic to support your claim just like i said.

    also before you never answered my questions, were you an orphan or abused as a child? and now i have a 3rd one, how old are you?
    and again these questions are to try and establish logic for your claims since there currently isnt any
    I did answer, no to both on orphan and abuse. I guess my idea of logic is different then yours, that is fine

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •