View Poll Results: Should 13 be the legal age of full adult/rights & do you think its equal to 18yrs old

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes of course no doubt

    1 1.30%
  • yes with some concern

    1 1.30%
  • no but maybe 16

    8 10.39%
  • no thats insane

    59 76.62%
  • other

    8 10.39%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 176 of 176

Thread: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

  1. #171
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,271

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It seems he got banned. I didnt see where tho, maybe a different thread.

    And someone else here said he'd been on the forum under a different previously..."Quik"

    I dont recognize that name but I havent been here that long.
    yeah i saw that lol this is what happens to those types
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It seems he got banned. I didnt see where tho, maybe a different thread.

    And someone else here said he'd been on the forum under a different previously..."Quik"

    I dont recognize that name but I havent been here that long.
    Yup, I remember him. I think you're right and that was the same poster.

  3. #173
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 03:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    No, a 13-year-old is nowhere near as mature as an 18-year-old. They're still growing and their brains are still developing.
    I assume somebody already pointed this out, but your brain doesn't stop developing until you are about 27, so your argument isn't sound.

  4. #174
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,271

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    I assume somebody already pointed this out, but your brain doesn't stop developing until you are about 27, so your argument isn't sound.
    just because its not done growing doesnt impact the validity of his statement at all, its still 100% valid and sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  5. #175
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    I assume somebody already pointed this out, but your brain doesn't stop developing until you are about 27, so your argument isn't sound.
    It's perfectly sound. An 18 year old's brain is much closer to fully developed than a 13 year old's.

    That said, I'm not a fan of age-based prerequisites for adulthood, but I also understand why they exist, and why they'll continue to. And as long as they do, 18 is a far better cutoff than 13.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  6. #176
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 03:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    It's perfectly sound. An 18 year old's brain is much closer to fully developed than a 13 year old's.

    That said, I'm not a fan of age-based prerequisites for adulthood, but I also understand why they exist, and why they'll continue to. And as long as they do, 18 is a far better cutoff than 13.
    Were you not trying to justify your stance with your second sentence? It applies to 18 year olds too.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •