View Poll Results: Should 13 be the legal age of full adult/rights & do you think its equal to 18yrs old

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes of course no doubt

    1 1.30%
  • yes with some concern

    1 1.30%
  • no but maybe 16

    8 10.39%
  • no thats insane

    59 76.62%
  • other

    8 10.39%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 176

Thread: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

  1. #131
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    maybe, maybe not this will be his chance to explain
    How many more pages before he provides anything more than, "this is how I feel"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #132
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,553

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    He has avoided answering my post where I pointed out (based on other people's comments) that this would make 13 yr olds much more vulnerable to sexual abuse and predators.
    Of course he's avoiding talking about it, it's the entire reason he supports it.

    The way the poll turned out, it looks like one pedo vs the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    irrelavant post and ignored
    You're arguing passionately that 13 year olds should be able to have sex with adults but we're supposed to assume that passion is coming from a place of logic and not your loins?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #133
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    The OP is mostly quoting me and how I think, so guess that makes me the moron
    Noted.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #134
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Of course he's avoiding talking about it, it's the entire reason he supports it.

    The way the poll turned out, it looks like one pedo vs the world.



    You're arguing passionately that 13 year olds should be able to have sex with adults but we're supposed to assume that passion is coming from a place of logic and not your loins?
    I don't think with my loins, however nice try at trying to turn me into something I'm not. Doesn't matter if I think it's acceptable, or not. I said there is no reason a 13 year old can't do what an 18 year old can. Lots more to it then sex.

  5. #135
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    actually its not, PARTS of it maybe but its a VERY relevant theory/question considering your opinion

    do you think its acceptable for a 30 year old to have sex with a 13yr old?
    I personally do not. I also don't think it's acceptable for a 25 and a 45 year old. It's not about what I think is acceptable, it's about what I think the capabilities are.

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,866

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    I don't think with my loins, however nice try at trying to turn me into something I'm not. Doesn't matter if I think it's acceptable, or not. I said there is no reason a 13 year old can't do what an 18 year old can. Lots more to it then sex.
    No reason at all? Not even one...such has having five more years mental, emotional, and physiological maturity?

  7. #137
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    No reason at all? Not even one...such has having five more years mental, emotional, and physiological maturity?
    So it takes full maturity and mental capacity to be considered an adult?

  8. #138
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    maybe, maybe not this will be his chance to explain
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I didnt say society doesnt have anything to do with it...I said that it doesnt *change* physiology and brain development...and the proof is everywhere that adolescents do not have well-developed judgement or impulse control. Too bad you didnt even bother to read the links but that's common in people that dont want to see anything that disproves their 'beliefs.' It's also a very 'adolescent' way of dealing with things you dont like...ignoring them. (Still not on board with 34)
    No I tried going to the links and my PC wont bring them up. Assuming why i'm here and why I'm doing things is all fine and dandy with me. The fact nobody can understand why I think that way and come to some bogus conclusion that it's because I want to have sex with 13 year old is ridiculous at best.
    I do look at both sides of every issue. I will still argue my side of the story.

  9. #139
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,866

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    So it takes full maturity and mental capacity to be considered an adult?
    Define "adult."

  10. #140
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    maybe, maybe not this will be his chance to explain
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    How many more pages before he provides anything more than, "this is how I feel"?
    Work In Progress - Adolescent Brains Are A Work In Progress | Inside The Teenage Brain | FRONTLINE | PBS
    I found this that seems to argue both ways, doesn't really give a clear cut age though
    http://www.apa.org/news/press/releas...-maturity.aspx
    this one might even be suggesting older then 25.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •