View Poll Results: Should 13 be the legal age of full adult/rights & do you think its equal to 18yrs old

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes of course no doubt

    1 1.30%
  • yes with some concern

    1 1.30%
  • no but maybe 16

    8 10.39%
  • no thats insane

    59 76.62%
  • other

    8 10.39%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 176

Thread: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

  1. #121
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    He has avoided answering my post where I pointed out (based on other people's comments) that this would make 13 yr olds much more vulnerable to sexual abuse and predators.
    sorry don't see it.

  2. #122
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) you're welcome, hopefully the facts presented by me and others educate you on this topic
    2.) the total lack and void of reality in some of your posts makes this VERY hard to believe

    also now that you know what logic actually means try to use it properly
    logic is what makes sense making it logical. As someone has said in other threads, definitions change........ However my feelings will always be there

  3. #123
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    1.)and I will continue to argue that 13 is just as capable as today's 18 if given the proper tools and chance.
    2.)And if given such tomorrows 13 will be today's 18 and so on.
    3.) I don't believe we have unlocked the entire human potential, and are in fact hindering ourselves. No I don't have data to back it up. I have experiences. I've lived through my teems and into my 30's. I've dealt with people and society.
    4.)someone said society has nothing to do with it, but it does, I mean how can it not?
    5.) also the education system, maybe look at ways to change it so it focuses on basic needs like finances, survival skills aka eating, providing for yourself. At an early age. the human mind is a glorious thing, which hmm maybe is under utilized at the early stages.
    6.) Are you understanding what I'm saying?
    1.) but you havent? you havent provided one single solid rational "argument"
    2.) nope this will never happen lol
    3.) me neither which also has nothing to do with the fact that 13 does not equal 18
    4.) no it really doesnt, its very secondary to sciences, facts education, history etc
    5.) again where are you from this has been tried all through history this is why we have the age set like we do, id say every good parent/teacher tries this too. I know i do, they simply arent capable
    I know
    6.) yes i understand you are still failing to provide and sound, rational and or factual argument or logic
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #124
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    and I will continue to argue that 13 is just as capable as today's 18 if given the proper tools and chance. And if given such tomorrows 13 will be today's 18 and so on. I don't believe we have unlocked the entire human potential, and are in fact hindering ourselves. No I don't have data to back it up. I have experiences. I've lived through my teems and into my 30's. I've dealt with people and society. someone said society has nothing to do with it, but it does, I mean how can it not? also the education system, maybe look at ways to change it so it focuses on basic needs like finances, survival skills aka eating, providing for yourself. At an early age. the human mind is a glorious thing, which hmm maybe is under utilized at the early stages.
    Are you understanding what I'm saying?
    I didnt say society doesnt have anything to do with it...I said that it doesnt *change* physiology and brain development...and the proof is everywhere that adolescents do not have well-developed judgement or impulse control. Too bad you didnt even bother to read the links but that's common in people that dont want to see anything that disproves their 'beliefs.' It's also a very 'adolescent' way of dealing with things you dont like...ignoring them. (Still not on board with 34)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #125
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    irrelavant post and ignored
    actually its not, PARTS of it maybe but its a VERY relevant theory/question considering your opinion

    do you think its acceptable for a 30 year old to have sex with a 13yr old?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-18-14 at 06:35 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #126
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    He has avoided answering my post where I pointed out (based on other people's comments) that this would make 13 yr olds much more vulnerable to sexual abuse and predators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    sorry don't see it.
    What part of this didnt you "see?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    AJ that poll is great. It brings up alot more angles than just this discussion...but it kind of comes full circle.

    Many people pointed out that it would make 13 yr olds much more vulnerable to sexual abuse and predators...they'd be 'legal.'

    So we'd end up with MORE pregnant 13 yr olds...by choice and by force. How could that possibly be good? For them or for society?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #127
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    1.)logic is what makes sense making it logical.
    2.)As someone has said in other threads, definitions change........
    3.) However my feelings will always be there
    1.) no its factually not as the definition already proves, sorry ignoring facts and posting lies wont work
    2.) subjective definitions change, the definition of logic is not going to change. AGain its things like this that make it impossible to believe your are 34.
    3.) your feelings are meaningless to facts

    like i said earlier

    there are rapist, murders, child molesters etc that all think and feel thier actions were logical, they were wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #128
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    actually its not, PARTS of it maybe but its a VERY relevant idea considering your opinion

    do you think its acceptable for a 30 year old to have sex with a 13yr old?
    From his posts, he firmly believes that the 13 old is capable of having the good judgement to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #129
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    From his posts, he firmly believes that the 13 old is capable of having the good judgement to do so.
    maybe, maybe not this will be his chance to explain
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #130
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    @_@

    We had a health class in high school (all older than 13) where a semester-long assignment involved having to create a budget for and listing all the responsibilities for getting married and having a kid...and working it all out under that budget....job, finishing education, about how much you'd be making in 10 yrs if you finished an education vs. went right to work, had a job, a trade, or a profession (all very different), daycare, entertainment, food, clothes, medicine, rent, etc etc etc. We all got guidance (which you seem to say is all 13 yr olds need) and we all STILL gone blown out of the water. No one could make the numbers work in any reasonable fashion, unless they lived with their parents. Jobs out of high school pay little. Jobs for 13 yr olds? Arent even legal, lol.

    And you know what? Everybody decided it was a really bad idea. Funny...we were smart and decided to still BE kids WHILE we were kids. Huh...at least high schoolers have a little 'judgement' when confronted with cold hard facts.

    ..........................
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    I don't think you are understanding where i am coming from, or what I am saying. I know how society treats our kids today and hinders them.
    You completely didnt understand my post above, btw. It's not about how society treats our kids...it's about how our 'kids today' could make a marriage work at 13...basic numbers, and facts, and **reality**. It was about learning BEFORE making mistakes. It wasnt about society making them do anything or treating them in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •