View Poll Results: Should 13 be the legal age of full adult/rights & do you think its equal to 18yrs old

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes of course no doubt

    1 1.30%
  • yes with some concern

    1 1.30%
  • no but maybe 16

    8 10.39%
  • no thats insane

    59 76.62%
  • other

    8 10.39%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 176

Thread: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

  1. #111
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    1.)Not that im aware of as far as ordinary. Not sure what ordinary is.
    2.) Logic to me is what makes sense to me. If it makes sense it's logical.
    3.) Science, society laws, yea OK people go off that stuff.
    4.)We have to follow laws, society is what makes our culture. Got it.
    5.) i am far from *ordinary* and i do fall on scientific facts on some things, but that's because people say hmm have any scientific facts to back up your logic.
    6.) do I really need it?
    7.) If it makes sense to me, it logical
    8.), if it makes sense to me I'm gonna express it. that's the bottom line.
    9.) I'm extreme in some of my views and *mainstream* in others. It's who I am.
    10.) I try to enlighten if you will, doesn't always work the 1st or even the 10th time trying at times, but i still keep goin
    1.) well thats true "ordinary" is very subjective
    2.) and there you have, you just identified the issues, that is NOT logic.
    3.) yes people often go off of FACTS or things that can be SUPPORTED by logic
    4.) no it doesnt, its just guidelines and many people dont follow it. AGain how old are you? do you live in america?
    5.) yes this is common in the adult, honest, logical, educated world
    6.) yes you do
    7.) no that doesnt make it logical at all, again you simply dont know what that word means. theres rapist and murders and child molesters that all personally think thier actions are logical but they are not
    8.) you are totally free to express it but its going to get blasted and destroyed and fail when you cant support it or back it up
    9.) just so you know extreme has nothing to do with logic or illogical
    10.) as the saying goes ignorance is bliss and your "logic" is complete ignorant to the facts and reality
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #112
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Well, I don't agree with setting the age of majority so low.

    What I do agree with is that it should be set... and not be this ridiculous trailing thing where people can ****, then later be allowed to drive, then vote, then smoke, then drink. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

    So 13? No. That sounds way too early to me. But then some people think it's okay for 13 year olds to be having sex, so by that last standard, that to me tells me they think 13 year olds are adults, because that is an adult activity, of far more consequence than a cigarette.

  3. #113
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    1.)Because people like you are all about nope nope nope science science science.
    2.)No open mind
    3.) just nope you are a crazy man.
    1.) wrong again but its common for a person who cant defend thier failed claims to make things up and try deflections
    2.) mind is totally open another failed assumption but my mind is open to REASON, LOGIC, FACTS, COMMON SENSE, you have to provide some of that first, you have not but we will keep waiting
    3.) i never called YOU crazy i dont know you, but the I did and will continue to call the IDEA cray that 13=18 because its absurd, factually false and a mentally retarded "idea" which has nothing to do with who YOU are
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #114
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) well thats true "ordinary" is very subjective
    2.) and there you have, you just identified the issues, that is NOT logic.
    3.) yes people often go off of FACTS or things that can be SUPPORTED by logic
    4.) no it doesnt, its just guidelines and many people dont follow it. AGain how old are you? do you live in america?
    5.) yes this is common in the adult, honest, logical, educated world
    6.) yes you do
    7.) no that doesnt make it logical at all, again you simply dont know what that word means. theres rapist and murders and child molesters that all personally think thier actions are logical but they are not
    8.) you are totally free to express it but its going to get blasted and destroyed and fail when you cant support it or back it up
    9.) just so you know extreme has nothing to do with logic or illogical
    10.) as the saying goes ignorance is bliss and your "logic" is complete ignorant to the facts and reality
    thank you for your input. i will leave it at that. and i'm 34 and in the USA

  5. #115
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    Not that im aware of as far as ordinary. Not sure what ordinary is.
    Logic to me is what makes sense to me. If it makes sense it's logical. Science, society laws, yea OK people go off that stuff. We have to follow laws, society is what makes our culture. Got it. i am far from *ordinary* and i do fall on scientific facts on some things, but that's because people say hmm have any scientific facts to back up your logic. do I really need it? If it makes sense to me, it logical, if it makes sense to me I'm gonna express it. that's the bottom line. I'm extreme in some of my views and *mainstream* in others. It's who I am.
    So science is only valid if it 'makes sense to you?'

    What the Hell are they teaching in schools today?

    I realize this is the height of irony in this thread, but very single one of your posts in this thread displays the perspective of an adolescent. And that is what I'll believe based on what I've read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #116
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    Not that im aware of as far as ordinary. Not sure what ordinary is.
    Logic to me is what makes sense to me. If it makes sense it's logical. Science, society laws, yea OK people go off that stuff. We have to follow laws, society is what makes our culture. Got it. i am far from *ordinary* and i do fall on scientific facts on some things, but that's because people say hmm have any scientific facts to back up your logic. do I really need it? If it makes sense to me, it logical, if it makes sense to me I'm gonna express it. that's the bottom line. I'm extreme in some of my views and *mainstream* in others. It's who I am.
    I try to enlighten if you will, doesn't always work the 1st or even the 10th time trying at times, but i still keep goin
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    So really it falls on society and how we view 13 year old and bring them up.
    The only reason I can think that you would support such a young legal adult age is that you're a pedophile. If you're not one, your positions and statements make you sound like one.

    No rational person thinks that a 13 year old has the same mental capability as an 18 year old.


    "I'm ready to drink, drive, vote, and go to war, ma! Some guy on the internet told me I'm ready!"
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 01-18-14 at 06:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #117
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    thank you for your input. i will leave it at that.
    2.) and i'm 34 and in the USA
    1.) you're welcome, hopefully the facts presented by me and others educate you on this topic
    2.) the total lack and void of reality in some of your posts makes this VERY hard to believe

    also now that you know what logic actually means try to use it properly
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #118
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The only reason I can think that you would support such a young legal adult age is that you're a pedophile. If you're not one, your positions and statements make you sound like one.

    No rational person thinks that a 13 year old has the same mental capability as an 18 year old.
    He has avoided answering my post where I pointed out (based on other people's comments) that this would make 13 yr olds much more vulnerable to sexual abuse and predators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #119
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) wrong again but its common for a person who cant defend thier failed claims to make things up and try deflections
    2.) mind is totally open another failed assumption but my mind is open to REASON, LOGIC, FACTS, COMMON SENSE, you have to provide some of that first, you have not but we will keep waiting
    3.) i never called YOU crazy i dont know you, but the I did and will continue to call the IDEA cray that 13=18 because its absurd, factually false and a mentally retarded "idea" which has nothing to do with who YOU are
    and I will continue to argue that 13 is just as capable as today's 18 if given the proper tools and chance. And if given such tomorrows 13 will be today's 18 and so on. I don't believe we have unlocked the entire human potential, and are in fact hindering ourselves. No I don't have data to back it up. I have experiences. I've lived through my teems and into my 30's. I've dealt with people and society. someone said society has nothing to do with it, but it does, I mean how can it not? also the education system, maybe look at ways to change it so it focuses on basic needs like finances, survival skills aka eating, providing for yourself. At an early age. the human mind is a glorious thing, which hmm maybe is under utilized at the early stages.
    Are you understanding what I'm saying?

  10. #120
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 13 years old should be the legal age of an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The only reason I can think that you would support such a young legal adult age is that you're a pedophile. If you're not one, your positions and statements make you sound like one.

    No rational person thinks that a 13 year old has the same mental capability as an 18 year old.


    "I'm ready to drink, drive, vote, and go to war, ma! Some guy on the internet told me I'm ready!"
    irrelavant post and ignored

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •