View Poll Results: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of America?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Optimistic

    24 17.27%
  • Somewhat Optimistic

    29 20.86%
  • Dunno

    11 7.91%
  • Somewhat Pessimistic

    47 33.81%
  • Very Pessimistic

    28 20.14%
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 276

Thread: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of America?

  1. #241
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Then they can find another alternative. My kids used to walk to the public library and do their homework there while waiting to be picked up. They also have friends close to school where they can go. There are always possibilities. Try again.
    Oh the delicious irony. The community that didn't want to give up funds for school transportation ( which amounted to one cup a coffee) also defunded the public library that is only opened certain hours during the week and closed on Monday. They would probably defund it more in the future as more become more self centered. It's not about community resources anymore.

  2. #242
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Oh the delicious irony. The community that didn't want to give up funds for school transportation ( which amounted to one cup a coffee) also defunded the public library that is only opened certain hours during the week and closed on Monday. They would probably defund it more in the future as more become more self centered. It's not about community resources anymore.
    but but but government oppresses me with roads and stuff!

  3. #243
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Oh the delicious irony. The community that didn't want to give up funds for school transportation ( which amounted to one cup a coffee) also defunded the public library that is only opened certain hours during the week and closed on Monday. They would probably defund it more in the future as more become more self centered. It's not about community resources anymore.
    Ours isn't, the library is open regular hours. That's largely irrelevant because my kids use it because it's convenient, not because it's necessary. If that was closed, they'd just go somewhere else. The reason most libraries aren't doing well is because the general public simply doesn't use them very much, thus it isn't about convenience, but necessity.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #244
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Ours isn't, the library is open regular hours. That's largely irrelevant because my kids use it because it's convenient, not because it's necessary. If that was closed, they'd just go somewhere else. The reason most libraries aren't doing well is because the general public simply doesn't use them very much, thus it isn't about convenience, but necessity.
    This doesn't address anything I said.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    This doesn't address anything I said.
    I have nothing to say about that community, I'm just stating that my community isn't doing the same thing.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #246
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I have nothing to say about that community, I'm just stating that my community isn't doing the same thing.
    Individual situations rarely address the bigger issue.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Individual situations rarely address the bigger issue.
    Then why do you think that providing an individual situation proves anything? That's what you've done, isn't it?

    Oh wait, when it supports your presuppositions, it's fine, right?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #248
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Then why do you think that providing an individual situation proves anything? That's what you've done, isn't it?

    Oh wait, when it supports your presuppositions, it's fine, right?
    Communities voting not to fund school transportation is not just an individual situation. It is becoming more prominent as the mind set of I don't care about my community is becoming more prominent. That is not to be confused with you being able to transport your children to and from school.

  9. #249
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Communities voting not to fund school transportation is not just an individual situation. It is becoming more prominent as the mind set of I don't care about my community is becoming more prominent. That is not to be confused with you being able to transport your children to and from school.
    Not funding school transportation here didn't seem to hurt anyone. Then again, I don't live in a ghetto so I can only speak to my specific situation. They eliminated school bus service at all closer to, I think, 2 miles from school. You cannot ride a bus under any circumstances, no matter how much you pay, unless you are disabled, if you live closer to school than that. Anyone else outside of that radius has to pay to ride the bus if they want. It is the responsibility of the parents to get their children to school. Welcome to personal responsibility.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #250
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    do not have any levels, but the USA is very resilient.....don't care for these types of forecasts (note to self: why am I posting on this thread?)
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •