View Poll Results: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of America?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Optimistic

    24 17.27%
  • Somewhat Optimistic

    29 20.86%
  • Dunno

    11 7.91%
  • Somewhat Pessimistic

    47 33.81%
  • Very Pessimistic

    28 20.14%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 276

Thread: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of America?

  1. #201
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well, I'm waiting for yours. So there you go.

    Got to love the Progressive approach though. $35 billion in new school construction over the last 8 years, among the highest paid teachers in the United States, a 40% of state budget Constitutional mandate for school spending, massive unfunded teacher pension liabilities, etc, and none of that is considered education related, and in fact, the Progs claim California is 49th in spending.

    Only the insane would buy any part of that.

    Interesting how when I ask what your sources indicate, you dodge the question. Just more from the script.

    I'm certainly not interested in waisting any more effort here.

    Thanks for the lesson I admit I was too slow to learn.
    I gave you two conservative sources which you dud not like. I gave you a source that was privately funded that you didn't like because it didn't support your theory. I'm not going to provide you a source to support your theory. That is your job. Have you ever considered the reason that those other expenditures that have effected your state has hit it harder because your state didn't pay it forward in good times. Not really just CA, many states failed to do this during the good times. However, with that said, prop 13 on top of not paying it forward during the good times stripped funds from education because the very purpose of prop 13 was to cut school spending which was hard to do with a growing population through the 1980's. Just because it's projected to slow in the near future doesn't address years of in influx of students and school spending with less revenue coming in so they relied on other sources like bonds and the high of the stock market that have crippled them with debt.

  2. #202
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I gave you two conservative sources which you dud not like. I gave you a source that was privately funded that you didn't like because it didn't support your theory. I'm not going to provide you a source to support your theory. That is your job. Have you ever considered the reason that those other expenditures that have effected your state has hit it harder because your state didn't pay it forward in good times. Not really just CA, many states failed to do this during the good times. However, with that said, prop 13 on top of not paying it forward during the good times stripped funds from education because the very purpose of prop 13 was to cut school spending which was hard to do with a growing population through the 1980's. Just because it's projected to slow in the near future doesn't address years of in influx of students and school spending with less revenue coming in so they relied on other sources like bonds and the high of the stock market that have crippled them with debt.
    Just because you claim your sources were conservative, doesn't make them so. That's a fail. EdSource is funded by known Progressive groups. Failure again.

    I don't have a theory, I have facts.

    You refuse to back up anything without using your preferred sources. I posted links directly to the State of California

    Years of influx? I've already posted links that show the k-12 population is flat, has been for years, and is projected to remain so for years.

    You've done nothing to prove anything besides your dependance on sources designed to spread the memes.

    If that works for you, so be it.

    But then you post the purpose of Prop 13 was to cut school spending?

    It's probably not a good idea to engage in a debate you're proving you know very very little about.

  3. #203
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Just because you claim your sources were conservative, doesn't make them so. That's a fail. EdSource is funded by known Progressive groups. Failure again.

    I don't have a theory, I have facts.

    You refuse to back up anything without using your preferred sources. I posted links directly to the State of California

    Years of influx? I've already posted links that show the k-12 population is flat, has been for years, and is projected to remain so for years.

    You've done nothing to prove anything besides your dependance on sources designed to spread the memes.

    If that works for you, so be it.

    But then you post the purpose of Prop 13 was to cut school spending?

    It's probably not a good idea to engage in a debate you're proving you know very very little about.
    It most definitely was along with other government spending AND three sources I gave you were not conservative enough for you to read or believe. Let's see- I gave you Bruce Bartlett and Benjamin Zycher, a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, and I suppose they are too progressive for your liking Both are conservative whether you agree with them are not! Then I gave a neutral source Bloomberg. Who said basically what the other two said-
    "California voters approved Proposition 13 to rein in property taxes that had doubled in 10 years. More than three decades later, that rebellion has mortgaged the state’s future, saddling it with the nation’s highest debt and lowest credit rating". California Diminished by Tax Revolt of 1978 Shows How U.S. Invites Decline - Bloomberg

    You just don't like it so your only defense is to attack the source as too progressive

    Also, CA school population did grow over the years when prop was in effect.

  4. #204
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It most definitely was along with other government spending AND three sources I gave you were not conservative enough for you to read or believe. Let's see- I gave you Bruce Bartlett and Benjamin Zycher, a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, and I suppose they are too progressive for your liking Both are conservative whether you agree with them are not! Then I gave a neutral source Bloomberg. Who said basically what the other two said-
    "California voters approved Proposition 13 to rein in property taxes that had doubled in 10 years. More than three decades later, that rebellion has mortgaged the stateís future, saddling it with the nationís highest debt and lowest credit rating". California Diminished by Tax Revolt of 1978 Shows How U.S. Invites Decline - Bloomberg

    You just don't like it so your only defense is to attack the source as too progressive

    Also, CA school population did grow over the years when prop was in effect.
    Sorry, but the facts trump the opinions.

    Bloombergs drivil is well known. Please don't try to sell it as anything but the Progressive BS that it is.

    The facts behind California's finances are very well known.

    For example:

    David Crane: California's Pension Fiasco and the Great Nondisclosure of 1999 - WSJ.com

  5. #205
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Oh, I'm quite the student of political history, especially the political history of California. As it is, the issue is Progressivism, and the dominating position this philosophy has taken in the Democrat agenda.

    As to who is more left, I think the actions taken Democrats in power over recent years to establish the ruling of citizens by unanswerable Regulatory Agencies firmly establishes todays Democrats as rather extreme leftists.

    As far a California is concerned, the reporting of the economics here, as created by the liberal/progressives in control, should be considered a crime of omission. The surplus being reported only exists because the Progressives decided not to pay back the billions they borrowed from things like the Highway Fund, to balance previous budgets. This doesn't begin to include the deferred payments in the amounts of billions to meet minimum funding standards for public employee pay and benefits.

    Then there is the train to nowhere the Unions are forcing Progressives to continue pushing, against the will of the people who were lied to, and which is projected to cost the state billions of dollars every year to subsidize.

    No, California is indeed the petrie dish, and the stench can't be hidden, despite the delusion of those who desperately defend the carnage.
    Thanks for explaining California's recovery. I wondered why there were reports of recovery because I knew it was beyond Jerry Browns capability. Years ago someone told me that if the answer was Jerry Brown, it was a strange question.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  6. #206
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Sorry, but the facts trump the opinions.

    Bloombergs drivil is well known. Please don't try to sell it as anything but the Progressive BS that it is.

    The facts behind California's finances are very well known.

    For example:

    David Crane: California's Pension Fiasco and the Great Nondisclosure of 1999 - WSJ.com
    Lol, so now you're going to attack Bloomberg? I also gave you a source from a scholar from the highly conservative American Enterprise. Is that not conservative enough? It has nothing to do with the source. You just don't want to acknowledge the fact that Prop 13 hurt your state. Truth hurts.

  7. #207
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Lol, so now you're going to attack Bloomberg? I also gave you a source from a scholar from the highly conservative American Enterprise. Is that not conservative enough? It has nothing to do with the source. You just don't want to acknowledge the fact that Prop 13 hurt your state. Truth hurts.
    Yes, Bloomberg's article is BS.

    Why don't you try to actually prove a position, rather than spend days defending three links whose premise has been destroyed?

    As a parting shot, here's another truth that illustrates what progressives have created in California.

    Is California the welfare capital? | UTSanDiego.com

    Anyway, you're welcome to the last word.

  8. #208
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Yes, Bloomberg's article is BS.

    Why don't you try to actually prove a position, rather than spend days defending three links whose premise has been destroyed?

    As a parting shot, here's another truth that illustrates what progressives have created in California.

    Is California the welfare capital? | UTSanDiego.com

    Anyway, you're welcome to the last word.
    Ha, you think you destroyed the premise of those links? Wishful thinking.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It most definitely was along with other government spending AND three sources I gave you were not conservative enough for you to read or believe. Let's see- I gave you Bruce Bartlett and Benjamin Zycher, a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, and I suppose they are too progressive for your liking Both are conservative whether you agree with them are not! Then I gave a neutral source Bloomberg. Who said basically what the other two said-
    "California voters approved Proposition 13 to rein in property taxes that had doubled in 10 years. More than three decades later, that rebellion has mortgaged the state’s future, saddling it with the nation’s highest debt and lowest credit rating". California Diminished by Tax Revolt of 1978 Shows How U.S. Invites Decline - Bloomberg

    You just don't like it so your only defense is to attack the source as too progressive

    Also, CA school population did grow over the years when prop was in effect.
    In effect, it demonstrates that Californians couldn't live within their means.

  10. #210
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: What is your level of optimism concerning the future of the United States of Amer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In effect, it demonstrates that Californians couldn't live within their means.
    Sure. If you are going to starve government of funds, then cut services immediately. That means services to schools, the elderly, emergency, health etc....most of the other expenditures came from fees. Perhaps, if folks had to pay a $600.00 fee to have their children ride a school bus to school for a family with say three children. Then include fees for school books, technology, specials etc....they would see it's not for free and spreading the cost makes logical sense. Not having those costs paid simply means no services. PERIOD

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •