View Poll Results: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'd take a free trip to Paris, sounds great!

    72 79.12%
  • No, I'd rather not.

    17 18.68%
  • Where's Paris?

    2 2.20%
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 288

Thread: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southwest AZ
    Last Seen
    08-12-17 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    Yes, that's the spirit -- do what even Hitler wouldn't, and bomb one of the world's most beautiful cities out of jealousy and vague political disagreement.
    I'm certain through the bomb site, I'll see the millions of white flags... then I'd stand down. Jealous? of weaklings and cowards? Hardly.

  2. #162
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,524

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman909 View Post
    I'm certain through the bomb site, I'll see the millions of white flags... then I'd stand down. Jealous? of weaklings and cowards? Hardly.
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #163
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    But it's FREE.

    There is a whole world a person could visit, unlimited choices most of which would be interesting and offer different benefits. But a person's lifetime is not unlimited. We travel, but also have limited travel time. For us, a trip to Paris would mean not taking a trip somewhere else.

    Playing tourist isn't something I particularly care to do and while each big city offers what it offers, personally I enjoy it more when we fit in and can interact/talk with other people. What does Paris really offer that a person has to go there to see that is so superior?

    If it were a situation that we couldn't travel without it being free, that would be a different matter. But our limitations on traveling are not economic, the limitation is time. So it's not about the $$. Paris is not on our future list of places we want to travel to.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    For lovers to go to Paris specifically.

    Arabs beaten American student on the streets of Paris.


  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    For lovers to go to Paris specifically.

    Arabs beaten American student on the streets of Paris.

    I guess that kind of thing couldn't happen to tourists anywhere else. Oh wait...

    Crowd Beats, Strips & Robs Tourist On St. Patrick’s Day; Incident Caught On Camera « CBS Baltimore
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    There is a whole world a person could visit, unlimited choices most of which would be interesting and offer different benefits. But a person's lifetime is not unlimited. We travel, but also have limited travel time. For us, a trip to Paris would mean not taking a trip somewhere else.

    Playing tourist isn't something I particularly care to do and while each big city offers what it offers, personally I enjoy it more when we fit in and can interact/talk with other people. What does Paris really offer that a person has to go there to see that is so superior?

    If it were a situation that we couldn't travel without it being free, that would be a different matter. But our limitations on traveling are not economic, the limitation is time. So it's not about the $$. Paris is not on our future list of places we want to travel to.
    Have you ever been there? I don't know why someone would pass up an experience like that if it was offered for free.

  7. #167
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,238

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    I can fly there free any time I want, other places more interesting.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  8. #168
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Especially if the hotel and visa arrangement is included with minimal (i.e., I give you my passport you handle everything else) effort, in the ticket price I could travel a few hours to Paris, France by bus even.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I guess that kind of thing couldn't happen to tourists anywhere else. Oh wait...

    Crowd Beats, Strips & Robs Tourist On St. Patrick’s Day; Incident Caught On Camera « CBS Baltimore
    Yes, it can happen in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee. Wherever strong Negro and Muslim gangs.

  10. #170
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    Yes, it can happen in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee. Wherever strong Negro and Muslim gangs.
    White gangs don't count, I guess.

    Black couple savagely beaten by gang of white youths in Brooklyn | The Daily Caller
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •